Profile for Anne > Reviews

Content by Anne

Anne

Page: 1 | 2
White Lies: The 11th Spider Shepherd Thriller (Dan Shepherd series)
White Lies: The 11th Spider Shepherd Thriller (Dan Shepherd series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stephen Leather at his best, Spider, 31 Aug. 2014
Stephen Leather at his best, Spider, the one man army, is one of the best characters Leather has created.He is likeable, if not lovable and a single parent doing the best he can.Pulls at the heart strings at times but packed with action.

Everywhere That Mary Went
Everywhere That Mary Went

5.0 out of 5 stars ... keen Scottoline fan I devoured this page turner and enjoyed it so much I bought some of the older ..., 24 Aug. 2014
As a keen Scottoline fan I devoured this page turner and enjoyed it so much I bought some of the older titles that I had missed earlier. So good to have fast paced novels that have women in the key role.
Scottoline has a way of writing that directly involves you in the scene and the plot.I feel as if I know Mary and her family and have visited their little kitchen and shared the mouthwatering Italian food.

Not a Drill: A Jack Reacher Short Story (Kindle Single Book 5)
Not a Drill: A Jack Reacher Short Story (Kindle Single Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars I am very disappointed in this latest Lee Child, 24 Aug. 2014
I am not a lover of short stories but thought that being a Jack Reacher, this would be wonderful- sadly not!
Personally, I am very disappointed in this latest Lee Child. I have adored everything else he has written but this for me missed the spot.

Year of the Decree Absolute
Year of the Decree Absolute

5.0 out of 5 stars but I have absolutely loved every minute of this fabulous, 4 Aug. 2014
This not my usual choice of reading material, but I have absolutely loved every minute of this fabulous, funny and enlightened book. So well written I felt that I was part of the drama and could visualise each and every character.
An outstanding first novel which I hope will be followed by another book, very soon.
This has made me rethink my choice of reading material for the future so more of the same Penny please.

Kindle Paperwhite 3G, 6" High Resolution Display with Next-Gen Built-in Light, Free 3G + Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 8 Dec. 2013
Battery life however is not as long as the advertising material would suggest. If you are a reader then you have to recharge every week at the least.
A great improvement on the earlier Kindles but takes a bit of getting used to when you are used to the older models. But worth the effort.

Pure Joy
Pure Joy

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money on this one., 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Pure Joy (Kindle Edition)
I am a dog lover and I enjoy a good Danielle Steel, but this is an absolute waste of good money.
Don't be tempted to go there at all.

Saints of the Shadow Bible (Inspector Rebus Book 19)
Saints of the Shadow Bible (Inspector Rebus Book 19)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebus and Rankin - a perfect match., 1 Dec. 2013
Ian Rankin is one of the best writers to come out of Scotland and his Rebus character is so likeable and plausible I just love him. I have enjoyed the dramatization of some of the titles so as I read this and every Rebus book I can see Rebus in my minds eye, downing another pint of IPA, catching another ciggie or taking out the old Saab, such is the style of writing that I am there in the car with him or in the corner of the pub as he meets with Fox.
As always a page turner.

It's All About Treo: Life and War with the World's Bravest Dog
It's All About Treo: Life and War with the World's Bravest Dog

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog lover or not, you have got to love this., 1 Dec. 2013
I am a dog lover but not a lover of books about the war or anything related to war but this was just so touching and tender in places it almost ripped my heart out. Have a box of tissues on hand!

Cross My Heart: (Alex Cross 21)
Cross My Heart: (Alex Cross 21)

5.0 out of 5 stars Alex Cross and James Patterson a match made in heaven, 1 Dec. 2013
Just love all of the Alex Cross series, so vibrant and well written, for me Patterson can do no wrong with this character.
Can't want for the next one in the series, but I would be devastated if anything had happened to the family!

Reacher's Rules: Life Lessons From Jack Reacher
Reacher's Rules: Life Lessons From Jack Reacher

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 24 Dec. 2012
Could not see the point in this.
I am a Reacher fan and hoped that this might have been a book about Jack Reacher instead of someone trying to trade of the success of Reacher . To me as disappointing as having Tom Cruise cast in the role of Jack Reacher - totally bad role casting did anyone read the Reacher books before the cast the part?????

Page: 1 | 2