Profile for japagow > Reviews

Ingot' Table Top Alarm
Offered by home_essentials
Price: 4.10

1.0 out of 5 stars Loud tick. Big ben is quieter than this, 3 Jun 2014
I put it in a drawer as it kept me awake. Then I gave it away. Do not waste your money

The Guitar Music of Spain - Volume 1
The Guitar Music of Spain - Volume 1
by Bartolome Calatayud
Edition: Sheet music
Price: 13.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant music., 3 Jun 2014
I boought this as a guitar student as I love Spanish music and the stuff I was studying was stodgy lute music from the seventeenth century with no pizzazz. This has brought my knowledge of the fingerboard forward tremendously and my fingers are much more exercised and I am enjoying the music.
No brainer

Duty Free - The Complete Series [DVD]
Duty Free - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keith Barron
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Jun 2014
Funny great sit com from the late seventies with bedroom farce episodes and good comedy acting from all concerned. If you like Eric Chappell then buy this

Back massage roller Rope roller massage roller band back made from wood and
Back massage roller Rope roller massage roller band back made from wood and
Offered by Sani-Alt Preise inkl. MwSt
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not an instrument of torture., 3 Jun 2014
This is well made if it is an instrument of torture. Wooden wheels and rubber prongs and stout cord with reinforced plastic sheaths. It does not come with any advice or instructions so to start with I slung it over my back and pulled it from side to side and this is basically what one does. You can pull it over your shoulders and diagonally down across the upper back or just from side to side. The effects are a) your back warms up , the circulation improves b) muscles DO feel invigorated. though a little sore.
Rather than purchase a modern S shaped back product for a bit more money I opted for this to help me after gardening or lifting boxs as it is a device I remember from the past and therefore should be a tried and tested method for back relief etc and I am not disappointed. Some guidance from producers as to it,s best use would have been a good idea because when you pull it out of the bag you think..."this is going to hurt".
Time will tell. It could be used often or stay under the bed FOREVER.

The Complete Easychair Workout Program: A whole-body workout routine you can do for your first 100 years, without having to leave the comfort of your easychair!
by Dr. Rick Boatright
Price: 7.16

1.0 out of 5 stars A booklet., 5 April 2014
Not worth a fiver let alone seven quid. Sorry Dr Boatright this is good advise but a triumph of marketing over content.
I bought this to help someone improve their life.
I feel cheated.

Bissell Sturdy Sweep Floor Cleaner, Blue
Bissell Sturdy Sweep Floor Cleaner, Blue
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 5 Mar 2014
Its smaller than you think but that makes it nippier under tables and around edges but for the money it picks up crumbs and hair and fluff with out much effort.
Emptying is easy but a shock as I never thought the carpet was that full of grit..
Money well spent.

Who Let the Cats Out?
Who Let the Cats Out?
Price: 9.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Who Let the Cats Out? (Audio CD)
I am new to mike stern having discovered him on a Becker brothers DVD. I bought this as a first step into his music and I am pleased with my choice. I like the rock sound in his jazz so the final track sticks out in my mind but there are softer tracks that show great musicianship too.
(I secretly wish that Richard bona would just place the bass rather than try and sing. A great singer he is not and somebody should tell him it add little to the music.)
That gripe aside I recommend this to all discerning music lovers.

120 Studies for Right Hand Development (Classical Guitar Study)
120 Studies for Right Hand Development (Classical Guitar Study)
by Mauro Giuliani
Price: 5.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Right on, 13 Sep 2013
Good for getting the right hand working. Mysteriously arrived the day after I had mailed asking why a charge 2.80 Sterling for delivery from UK meant it took 10 days to come.
None of these exercises are.chart toppers but persistent practise will produce results and exercise and stretch both my fingers and my brain. 5.stars for guitar beginners but fairly tedious.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2013 10:56 AM BST

Solo Guitar Playing, Book 1: A Complete Course of Instruction in the Techniques of Guitar Performance [With CD (Audio)]
by Frederick M. Noad
Price: 16.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Sep 2013
The preface to the book says it will take 2 years to complete the course from first to last page and as a new guitar player I can believe it.
The exercises take you methodically through the process of playing almost fret by fret.
Care has to be taken you don't skim through with out absorbing the progress. It is important to try and get it right and there is no substitute for repetitive practise

Valencia: 3124 Classical Guitar - Solid Spruce Top
Valencia: 3124 Classical Guitar - Solid Spruce Top
Offered by Manns Music
Price: 127.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine sound and not expensive., 27 Aug 2013
I bought this guitar as the one I have been learning on is too chubby and the action depth makes it hard to pin down a good fret. I wanted something slimmer making it easier to get the correct playing position as the old one kept slipping off my knee.
I was ready to try a Yamaha but they sounded soapy and were too expensive.
I am pleased with the Valencia. I can play pieces much more easily now. My fingers spend less time forcing the string down and clattering about and I feel I can contend with barre chords whereas before I dodged them.
It is made in China but so what. It sings when I play it and I didn't break the bank.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3