Profile for gardnergirl > Reviews

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy [DVD] [2011]
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Gary Oldman

5.0 out of 5 stars great film, 25 Feb 2013
This dvd takes a few watches to follow the story, not one to fall asleep when you are watching! It is great to find a film that is deep and intelligent and has good actors that deliver great performances i.e Benedict Cumberbatch is fabulous in his role and was the main reason for my buying the dvd as my daughter is a huge fan and we were not disappointed. I think that the old series was probably better but to include all the story is not possible in a film. All in all a really good film and to be recommended if you like a story line that takes concentration to watch.

The Moomin - Series 1 - Complete [1990] [DVD]
The Moomin - Series 1 - Complete [1990] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryosuke Takahashi

5.0 out of 5 stars Moomintastic!!!!!!, 25 Feb 2013
This dvd is such a great collection and brings back great memories of watching the moomins on tv when my son was small. The moomins and their friends are so strange but in a good way and I love every minute of it and cannot wait to get the second series!!!!!

Sherlock: The Casebook
Sherlock: The Casebook
by Guy Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Sherlock fans!!!!!!, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sherlock: The Casebook (Hardcover)
This edition was smaller than I thought it would be but my daughter loved it and it is packed with information and great pictures of Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman

Third Star [DVD]
Third Star [DVD]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving film, Great performances and great scenery!!!, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Third Star [DVD] (DVD)
Although this film is sad as Benedict Cumberbatch is dying so young, the acting is amazing and you find yourself thinking about the story for a long time afterwards, Benedict is really fabulous in this film and I don't know how he didn't win more recognition for his performance. The scenery of Cornwall is really great too and the background music is young and fits in well without being intrusive. I loved it all and will watch it again and again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2013 10:21 AM GMT

SHERLOCK 2013 CALENDAR (Calendar 2013)
SHERLOCK 2013 CALENDAR (Calendar 2013)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely calendar, my daughter was really pleased with it!!!!!, 6 Jan 2013
This calendar has some great pictures in it if you are a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. My daughter if a huge fan of them both and loved it. Great price too!!!

The Hunger Games 2013 Calendar
The Hunger Games 2013 Calendar
by NECA
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice calendar, 6 Jan 2013
Nice calendar for a fan of the Hunger games, Arrived quickly and was well priced. My daughters friend was well pleased

Them Crooked Vultures (Crooked) T-Shirt Small
Them Crooked Vultures (Crooked) T-Shirt Small
Offered by LoudclothingUK

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality t shirt, 6 Jan 2013
I bought this t-shirt for my son, It was good quality but found it a bit on the small size so sent it back. I had no problems getting a refund and the sellers were very helpful.

Salmon Pocket Diary
Salmon Pocket Diary

2.0 out of 5 stars Usually good product but blank pages and weeks missing, 6 Jan 2013
Usually a good product but several weeks blank and missing from the diary. I love these diaries and would have been happy with a replacement, but the seller chose to completely ignore my emails and I had to resort to filing a claim with Amazon who refunded me super quick and sorted it super quick

Walks from Ambleside (Lake District)
Walks from Ambleside (Lake District)
by HandiHikes Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not a book! It is a leaflet, but map useful, 8 Sep 2012
Although this publication has useful knowledge in it I must point out that it is not a book! It is about 3 inches by 4 and a half inches and folds out. It does have a map on one side but I found it printed too small to read easily and sent the item back for a refund. I had no problems getting my refund and amazon dealt with it quickly. I later bought this item again whilst in Ambleside and went on one of the walksin it and I must say that the map was very useful and compact to keep in my pocket. I found it a bit hit and miss with the written instructions and directions whilst on the walk but we managed to backtrack and find the route again. All in all a useful product to keep in your pocket.

Faringdon 10cm Wood Handle Palette Knife
Faringdon 10cm Wood Handle Palette Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Good palette knife for icing cakes etc, 11 Feb 2012
I found this palette knife not quite as springy as it could be but found that for icing cakes it did not make much difference. I would recommend this product as the quality is good and the short length is very useful for so many things much more whilst cooking than you would imagine

Page: 1 | 2