Profile for L.H. > Reviews

Content by L.H.

L.H.

Page: 1 | 2
SAMRICK - Pack of 3 - High Capacitive Aluminium Stylus Pen for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 - Black & White & Silver
Offered by Aero Communication Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsug galaxy mini 18190 pen, 23 Mar 2014
Brilliant! Very reasonably priced. Arrived swiftly. Do the job really well. Seem quite sturdy. This is the second set i've bought! I think i've weakened the pen clip by pulling it free from phone case at a wrong angle.

Pony Knitting Needle Pins 30cm
Pony Knitting Needle Pins 30cm
Offered by Amberskies Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Pony knitting needles, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Pony Knitting Needle Pins 30cm
They do the job intended. What more can I say except that I think the supplier is fantastic in the speed with which they were despatched and in postal charges.

Samrick High Capacitive Aluminium Stylus Pen for Samsung i9100 Galaxy S - Black/White/Red  (Pack of 3)
Samrick High Capacitive Aluminium Stylus Pen for Samsung i9100 Galaxy S - Black/White/Red (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Samrick pens, 19 Aug 2013
I ordered these pens and they arrived swiftly, well packaged. It's the first time I have used any such pen so I think I was a little clumsy in removing the first pen and very quickly the clip loosened and the top of the pen came away. Whilst this did not in any way interfere with the effectiveness of the tip, if did leave the pen loose in the case and therefore liable to fall through and be lost. I then used the second pen and this time I have made sure that I am far more careful in removing it from the case when I want to use it. So far so good. All in all I would highly recommend these pens but do please be more careful than I was when removing it from your case. I find the secret is to push the pen up from the tip rather than clumsily pulling it by the clip, as I did!!

The Ekokids (Knitting For Beginners Book 1)
The Ekokids (Knitting For Beginners Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ekokids, 10 July 2013
Brilliant, easy to follow instructions. Nice size doll. Nice assortment of clothes. My only negative is that I didn't realise that the pattern (Kindle) for the dolls clothes which is available separately, is almost entirely the same as the clothese included with this doll pattern. So my advice is not to bother with the dolls clothes pattern. Stick with this!

Doll's Clothes - The Ekokids (Knitting For Beginners Book 3)
Doll's Clothes - The Ekokids (Knitting For Beginners Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ekokids dolls clothes, 10 July 2013
Have made them all except long dress and adapted them to make boy dolls clothes too. Brilliant. Easy to follow instructions and a good assortment for children to play with.

32nd® Multiple stripes book wallet PU leather case cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 MINI i8190 + screen protector, cloth and stylus - Turquoise
Offered by 32ndShop

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung s3 mini cover, 10 July 2013
Brilliant. Love the pen. Good quality cover. Think it will last for some time - always a nice thought with new purchases!

Easy French (Easy Languages)
Easy French (Easy Languages)
by Katie Daynes

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy French, 23 Jun 2013
Just a little addendum to the many other excellent reviews on this publication. I so enjoyed reading this book and learning new vocabulary along the way and was astonished to hear some of the new words I was learning, when listening to my French friends or when reading other French publications!! So the vocabulary is very, very well thought out and introduced in a way that leaves a visual impression on your mind which is a great aid to learning. I also found the translation of each Chapter (end of the book) invaluable. I typed out or wrote out the English and then closed the book and tried to type/write the French myself. Yep, I made a few mistakes along the way! But I found this a great aid when it came to remembering how to SPELL the French I was learning. When I didn't have much time, I just covered the French, read the English translation and spoke the French aloud as a means of testing my understanding and recollection. A great way to learn! I can't recommend this book highly enough. A great asset for anyone learning French and at such a bargain price!

Kitchen Craft 19 cm Mini Salad Spinner
Kitchen Craft 19 cm Mini Salad Spinner

5.0 out of 5 stars salad spinner, 11 May 2013
As this salad spinner was described as "mini", I was rather alarmed when I opened the package and saw how large it actually is but that's my fault for not converting the measurement into imperial (Yes, I know I'm still in the Ark and will probably remain here!) It also seemed quite expensive for what I expected it to do! However, I am thrilled with it. It is sturdy, the lid fits well and it spins brilliantly I like the fact that I can fill the bowl and thoroughly wash the salad, lift out the basket and throw that water away, then put the basket back in and start spinning. The result? Brilliant! Just enough tiny droplets on the leaves to stop them looking dried out and lifeless but not too much so that any added salad dressing becomes diluted. All in all, one of the best purchases I have ever made! Very happy!

The New Curry Secret
The New Curry Secret
by Kris Dhillon

5.0 out of 5 stars The new Curry Secret, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: The New Curry Secret (Paperback)
I love the recipes in this book but I would point out to potential purchasers that the basic sauce from which all the recipes come is contained in this book and her original book the Curry Secret. Out of the two books, I would strongly recommend this New Curry Secret over the original Curry Secret. There are pictures in this book (which we all love and are extremely helpful to get an idea of what the final dish should look like).There are no pictures in the Curry Secret. Although the recipes in the Curry Book are good, there are far more in this book which makes it the better purchase in my humble opinion. There are also dips etc in this book which are fabulous!

Anjum's Indian Vegetarian Feast
Anjum's Indian Vegetarian Feast
by Anjum Anand

5.0 out of 5 stars Anjum Anand Indian Vegetarian Feast, 9 Oct 2012
I now have all of Anjum's cookery books! I was unsure at first because, although she seems quite well known by Amazon customers, I had never heard of her!! I am now totally addicted to her style of cooking! I have worked my way through many recipes in her other 3 books and the results totally convinced me to buy this vegetarian book - especially as I am a vegetarian. Every recipe in the first 3 books has turned out successful. Obviously, I have liked some more than others but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be prepared to cook the lesser liked ones again. But the ones we love are cooked on a regular basis each week. I love the way Anjum has "anglicised" Indian food so that it can easily be eaten alongside English staples. i.e. I just love the Succulent Chicken Tikka which we have with salad and chips but I sprinkle the dried Mango powder on the chips instead of the deep fried new potatoes, which Anjum suggests. I found the new potatoes cooked that way, far too greasy. I substitute Quorn fillets for the chicken and the result is succulent and tasty.

What I love about her style of cooking is that, whilst she suggests what veg to use in any given dish, she also leaves you to choose your preference. She will also reassure you by saying: "Don't worry" if you don't have a certain ingregient - "it will still taste brilliant without it", or she'll suggest an alternative, all of which leaves you feeling far more confident to tackle what might otherwise be "unfamiliar" ingredients. I also love the fact that for the most part, all the recipes can be prepared either very quickly or at least in a reasonable amount of time and are always easy to do. Nothings complicated. I also love her blending of ingredients. Very, very clever and flavoursome. What more can you ask?

I can't wait to try this new edition to my collection! Well done Anjum.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2012 12:54 PM GMT