Profile for PumpkinsPatch > Reviews

Content by PumpkinsPatch

PumpkinsPatch

Page: 1 | 2
[Pack of 3] TECHGEAR® Amazon Kindle 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display eReader CLEAR LCD Screen Protectors with Cleaning Cloth & Application Card - Fits All-New Kindle with Touch (2014), & Kindle Touch (2011)
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars ok but shiny, 25 Feb. 2016
the whole point of a kindle screen is that its matt - these are shiny. really annoying yet for a kindle fire it would be fine.

The Fiery Trial (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy 8)
The Fiery Trial (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved these and that is why I am really irritated ..., 25 Feb. 2016
I loved these and that is why I am really irritated with these novellas.
They are brilliant but it wouldn't have taken much to make them into a book. such a disappointment that profit seems to have come before sense.

Woodeyland Hand Crafted AMBASSADOR Chess and Draughts Set 31 x 31 cm
Woodeyland Hand Crafted AMBASSADOR Chess and Draughts Set 31 x 31 cm
Offered by Woodeyland Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 27 Jan. 2014
I love this set bought it as a present and it looks beautifully hand made. I like the type of wood used, it feels like a quality product.

Julia Gets a Life
Julia Gets a Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Julia Gets a Life (Kindle Edition)
It took me a while to get into this book.
The story while compelling didn't capture me and reduce me to the 'give me the kindle must read' state until I was about 60% of the way through.
It seemed like there were parts that were written carefully and very well thought out and there were woolly bits holding it together.

I am not saying I didn't enjoy it some of it was darn right hilarious but parts of it I would have happily have lived without.

Millie and the American Wedding
Millie and the American Wedding

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!, 16 Jan. 2014
This book is moving and while waltzing on the edge of too much never goes over.

I read Millie at the American Universality before reading this, I am glad I did. This book is moving and while you are desperate for certain things to turn out different for Millie, I don't think this book would have the integrity that it does. I was rather sad it ended and I can only hope of another book!
Reading from various characters perspectives sometimes livened the book a little as you could see the other views of the situations.

Don't Tell the Groom
Don't Tell the Groom

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud, 14 Jan. 2014
I embarrassed myself a number of times on the tube laughing myself to tears reading this book. I could barely put it down.
while you can see where this story is going you cant help but want to read. I also got loads of cheep alternative wedding ideas too!

Mens Deep Blue Thermal Heat Holder Slipper Socks 2.3 Tog
Mens Deep Blue Thermal Heat Holder Slipper Socks 2.3 Tog
Offered by Sock Snob Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 12 Dec. 2013
My Dad bought me a pair of these last year and he kept pinching mine so I bought these for him and he loves them. So nice and toasty and its lovely to have colourful men's socks.

Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop
Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 12 Dec. 2013
I really enjoyed this book, I am not one to restrict a book to a season, but if I read this again it has to be in summer and I spend the entire book craving ice-creams and gelato which is not a top food choice in December.

I would love there to be a second book to follow this as there is loads of potential to further develop this book.

Take A Look At Me Now
Take A Look At Me Now

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely escape, 9 Dec. 2013
I loved the descriptions in this book, there are lots of quaint English moments (even when in San Francisco). My boyfriend hates when I read these kinds of books as I get itchy feet and want to run off a visit all the places in the book.

I was a little disappointed with how abruptly this book ended it could have done with another 10 pages to finish it properly.
I occasionally got lost in the book as not all speech is labels at occasionally it gets a little hard to follow.

This is not a deeply intellectually challenging book but its lovely, light and refreshing read for the commute home, and I will keep an eye out for other books by Miranda.

Carrie's War (A Puffin Book)
Carrie's War (A Puffin Book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 6 Dec. 2013
I first listened to this book when I was 10, dyslexic and pretending to actually read along. I am 26 now and still love this book. This book is a joy to read.

Page: 1 | 2