Profile for newtothis > Reviews

My First Dolly - Blonde - 33cm - for newborn and above
Offered by Think Fast EU
Price: 13.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Gund My First Dolly, 15 July 2014
Bought as early Christmas present along with the Gund nighty night bear, for my soon to be born granddaughter. Both are lovely. The doll is really cute and cuddly, but beware if purchasing either of these items as gifts because they come packaged in a thin plastic bag ONLY (except for the amazon box that is) which unfortunately makes them appear cheap. For the price I would have at least expected them in presentation boxes, so really disappointing. If I wasn't such a sucker for cute toys I would have returned them but will now have to try and search out pretty boxes to pack them in ready for Christmas.

Gund 20cm Nighty Night Bear for Newborn and Above (Plays Brahms Lullaby, Pink)
Gund 20cm Nighty Night Bear for Newborn and Above (Plays Brahms Lullaby, Pink)
Offered by Toysafari Worldwide
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Gund Nighty Night Bear for Newborn, 15 July 2014
Bought as early Christmas present for my soon to be born granddaughter. The bear is small but really cute, but beware if purchasing it as a gift because it comes packaged in a thin plastic bag ONLY (except for the amazon box that is) which unfortunately makes it appear cheap. For the price I would have at least expected a presentation box, so really disappointing. If I wasn't such a sucker for cute toys I would have returned it but will now have to try and search out a pretty box to pack it in ready for Christmas.

White Chinese Chopsticks - Dragon Design
White Chinese Chopsticks - Dragon Design
Offered by Got-Bonsai?
Price: 2.90

3.0 out of 5 stars White Chinese Chopsticks, 1 Mar 2014
Purchased for my son who insists on using chopsticks at home even for food that is not traditionally Chinese. Attractive looking chopsticks but unfortunately stain quite badly.

Your New Pregnancy Bible, The experts' guide to pregnancy and early parenthood- now fully revised and updated May 2013
by Anne Deans

5.0 out of 5 stars Your New Pregnancy Bible, The experts' guide to pregnancy and early..., 1 Mar 2014
Purchased as a gift for my son and daughter-in-law who have just found out they are expecting my first grandchild. I read a little of the book before giving it them and was very impressed with all the information, diagrams and photos it contained. 'As it says on the tin' its a PREGNANCY BIBLE, it has most if not all the information you could possibly want.... most of what you need to know but also some things you would rather not know about, but realistically its covered for those less fortunate.

Pregnancy For Men: The whole nine months
Pregnancy For Men: The whole nine months
by Mark Woods
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Pregnancy For Men: The whole nine months, 1 Mar 2014
Purchased for my son who has just found out he and my daughter-in-law are expecting my first grandchild. I read a little of the book before giving it too him and was quite impressed with how it was written. It is very informative, tells you the nitty gritty.... so to speak, but in a light hearted way, which my son will appreciate.

So You're 80!
So You're 80!
by Clive Whichelow
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars so you're 80!, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: So You're 80! (Hardcover)
Purchased as a little bit of nonsense for my mother on her 80th Birthday, she loved it, giggling away to herself as she read it.

A Child is Born
A Child is Born
by Lennart Nilsson
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A child is born, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: A Child is Born (Hardcover)
2nd hand book purchased received in an excellent condition. Book as described full of incredible pictures and very useful information.

Watch Me Grow! A Unique, 3-Dimensional Week-by-Week Look at Your Baby's Behaviour and Development in the Womb
by Stuart Campbell
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch Me Grow! 3D week-by-week look at your Baby's...., 1 Mar 2014
I have given this a '3 star' rating purely for the condition of this 2nd hand book, I would have given it less but the ' I Hate it', 'I don't Like it' would not have been entirely true. The book was described as in 'Very Good' condition but I beg to differ. It had obviously been water/liquid damaged as the pages were all stuck together and there was a round cup stain on the cover. I tried to prise the pages apart but some are just too damaged. I have purchased 2nd hand books through amazon previously and have never been disappointed except for on this occasion, so lesson learned and as my mother would say "you only get what you pay for"!!!.

The book however, contains some incredible pictures throughout and some very interesting information, and for this reason alone I did not give it a lower rating, if the book had been in good condition I would have rated it 5 stars .I purchased the book with the intention of giving it as a little gift to my son and daughter-in-law who have just discovered they are expecting my first grandchild, I was so impressed with the content of the book I have therefore decided to keep it for myself so I can check the progress of my grandchild, and will try and find a duplicate but BRAND NEW copy for my son and daughter-in-law.

Willow Tree Figurine called I Love You - Je t'aime- New 2010 26231
Willow Tree Figurine called I Love You - Je t'aime- New 2010 26231
Offered by House Of Harris
Price: 22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Willow Tree figurine called I Love You - Je t'aime, 1 Mar 2014
I have a few other Willow Tree figurines but this differs in that it has a very attractive floral design etched into the dress. My son loved it so much he wanted it as an 80th birthday present for his much loved Grandmother.

Lakeland Soup 'n' Sauce Sealed Freezer Storage Bags (1 Litre) x 20
Lakeland Soup 'n' Sauce Sealed Freezer Storage Bags (1 Litre) x 20
Offered by Lakeland
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars lakeland soup 'n' sauce sealed freezer storage bags, 1 Mar 2014
I was so glad to have found these bags again. I make roast lunch for 10 on a Sunday delivering meals to 3 other households and these bags are very useful and spill proof for transporting the gravy. I used to purchase similar at a local supermarket but they just seemed to disappear from the shelves never to return. I failed to find them anywhere else until I discovered them again for sale by Lakeland through Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5