Profile for Andy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Manfrotto Stile Unica V Messenger Bag - Bungee Cord
Manfrotto Stile Unica V Messenger Bag - Bungee Cord

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bag with a few oversights, 17 Sept. 2013
Ok so let me begin by saying this is an excellent bag below are my positives from the bag:
- Large compartment in the main area of the bag, which has a seperator. Big enough for my D7100 and 55-300mm lens plus hood.
- Large pocket accessible quickly from the top of the bag
- Great pocket underneath main bag for a mini tripod (or in most cases your sandwiches and a drink)
- The bags quality is very good indeed and I am confident it will withstand the most brutal of trips. I have also had it out in a light shower of rain which it withstood keeping my kit dry as a bone. I don't know how much it is meant to withstand but I would be confident it wouldn't fail at the first sign of water. This is helped by the fabric overlaying the edges nearest the strap which many manufacturers seem to forget.

So why 3 stars, it sounds like I love the bag, well a few little things are quite annoying.
- The zips while made of good metal should have been rubber coated to stop them clinking together all the time, its so annoying in fact that I sometimes partially open it to stop the noise.
- The strap is of good construction, however I am not sure why they have skimped so much on the padding of the strap. It means that if you I have it behind me the shoulder strap sits fine, but if I swivel the bag round to my side my shoulder rests on the black strapping. Saying that the strap does offer massive flexibility for people of all sizes
- The internal comartment is a great size, however it would have been nice if all the sides where felt lined, like many other manfrotto bags, so you could choose where to seperate the compartments. In the current one only a quarter is felt lined to you end up with a giant 3/4 pocket and a small 1/4 pocket.

Overall a great bag with some problems, I wouldn't be deterred from buying manfrotto again, however for the money I feel this bag has some oversights that may annoy some people.

Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM AH IPS 27 inch Widescreen Monitor with LED
Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM AH IPS 27 inch Widescreen Monitor with LED

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding piece of kit, 24 Jun. 2013
I was using a 24" 1920 x 1200 syncmaster I bought a number of years ago and was more than happy. I decided to upgrade as i find the more room to code the better.

This is a fantastic piece of kit, the colours are way and beyond that of the previous monitor, which now looks washed out in comparison. Even out of the box the colours where impressive without being overbearing. I tweaked them slightly, but nothing like the monitors you used to get where everything is max'd out for no apparent reason.

The pixel density has pleased me the most, having so many pixels packed into such a small area makes this a pleasure to work on.

The construction is very good, the stand in particular is excellent and the option for portrait viewing as well as standard landscape is very nice.

I cannot imaging going back from this monitor now and although I still use a smaller 19" as a secondary monitor i am constantly blown away in the side by side comparison which is drawn.

Love it!

Billy Talent II
Billy Talent II

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, theyve done it again, 9 July 2006
This review is from: Billy Talent II (Audio CD)
This is a great followup to their first album and I am very impressed. I love all the songs on this album which is unusual but what else should I have expected lol.

Best bits are the first two songs in my opinion, Devil in a midnight mass and red flag.

They have stuck to their roots well and havent really changed their style too much just tweaked the amazing sound on the first album. Awesome album

Maskerade: A Discworld Novel: 18
Maskerade: A Discworld Novel: 18
by Terry Pratchett
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Try to put it down, 23 Jan. 2004
This is not just a good book it is a brilliant book. I have read a total of 16 of his books and this is by far my most favorite with "The Truth" coming a close second. You will be hard pushed to put this book down. It usually takes me weeks to read a book, in between studying and other things, but this took me just 1 week. I just wanted to read and read, it was amazing. If it's brilliant, it's PRATCHETT

Steal This Album (Limited Edition))
Steal This Album (Limited Edition))

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 23 Jan. 2004
If you like deep lyrics, then this is your album. The lyrics are unbelievable as well as very political, you can only tell if you listen hard as some are hidden in the melee of drum and stop/start style guitars of SOAD. This album is a true credit to SOAD, it is ten times better than toxicity and twice as good as their first one (which is incredible in itself). You need this album! If you've not listened to these guys before, you need to, you're missing something huge!

Microsoft Autoroute Express 2000 Europe
Microsoft Autoroute Express 2000 Europe

2.0 out of 5 stars It helps you from A-B, 18 Jan. 2004
This is a great piece of software for anyone who does long car journeys. You can plot your starting destination and your end destination and it will provide you with how long it will take you. You can encorporate rest and refueling into the journey, and make the journey calculator much more efficient once you have changed the software presets such as car fuel capacity and speeds you will be travelling at. This piece of software is very good, but does need tweeking as it isn't completely accurate with the cost of the journey but this can be updated manually in accordance to fluctuations in petrol prices. Overall this is a good buy for someone who does lots of long journeys in their car. The route maps and the turn-by-turn instructions are very very acccurate.

Everything Sucks
Everything Sucks
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars This was my first Reel Big Fish Album, 18 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Everything Sucks (Audio CD)
These guys are so cool, and although this isn't their current line up they still seriously rock. This was my first reel big fish album and I am now lovin every minute of most of their albums. This album not only opened my eyes to the world of Reel Big Fish , but also to the world of Ska/ Punk music.

In Time: The Best of REM 1988 - 2003
In Time: The Best of REM 1988 - 2003
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars REM are incredible, 18 Jan. 2004
I think this album deserves everything it is incredible. It shows the amazing career that Rem have made for themselves, it also shows that it is not over and with new songs like "Animal" it shows that they are keeping to their original sound. A band that is truly cool and unbeatable.

Goodbye Blue and White
Goodbye Blue and White

4.0 out of 5 stars You just can't beat the old albums, 18 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Goodbye Blue and White (Audio CD)
This is one of the latest Less Than Jake albums and so you would think might be showing signs of change, but no Less than jake are still going strong. The album is a good listen, but I feel I prefer some of their older material like "losing streak" and "hello rockview". All in all it isn't a bad CD and will provide you with hours of entertainment, you may however find yourself getting bored of it in about 6 months.

Black Hawk Down (2 Disc Set) [2002] [DVD]
Black Hawk Down (2 Disc Set) [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josh Hartnett
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible watch, 18 Jan. 2004
This film is one of the best films I have seen. It shows good compromise between action scenes and the plot which keeps you enthralled all the way through the film. The extra features are very good but nothing special just the usual run of the mill stuff. I already have a copy of this and suggest that if you don't you should.

Page: 1 | 2