Profile for rosh99 > Reviews

Fifty Shades of Grey
by E L James
Price: 3.50

2.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time !, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book and, having read a LOT of books, i can safely say that this one wasted my time. The story is so weak that it's embarrassing and the ruder elements of the books become very very boring after their second 'session'. This is one of those books that is selling due to hype and, although it's abook you'll remember, it's not necessarily a good book.

If you want a good read then stay clear of this attempt at fiction and, if you're after something on the ruder side, go and find a dodgy dvd shop.

Private London: (Private 2)
Private London: (Private 2)
by James Patterson
Price: 3.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Average-ville, 3 April 2012
The thing about James Patterson books is that they're not very tense, taut nor clever. This is no exception - as long as you know this beforehand, you'll be fine.

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book I Have Ever Read, 21 Jan 2012
This is going to be the briefest review ever. I have probably read over 500 fiction books. This is the best one I have ever read. Truly outstanding.

Sister
Sister
by Rosamund Lupton
Price: 8.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing and not very slick, 28 Dec 2011
This review is from: Sister (Paperback)
Firstly, this is just my opinion but I really did not enjoy this book. Many people have said that it's taut, slick and absorbing. I struggled on all of these counts. The problem I had, and I would encourage anyone to check this before buying the book, is the style of writing and the narrative. For me there was a lack of flow and it was so quirky at times that I had to re-read the paragraph to understand what the author might have been getting at. This is not to say it's a bad book, it just was not suited to me.

Anyone who enjoys Harlan Coben, james Patterson, Karin Slaughter, etc, may feel the same as I do in that the book plods and wanders around a bit too much, but then again many many people have enjoyed this book. Must be a case of preference I guess!

Pampers Simply Dry Size 3 (Midi) Economy 2 x Packs 60 Nappies--120 Nappies
Pampers Simply Dry Size 3 (Midi) Economy 2 x Packs 60 Nappies--120 Nappies

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent nappies, 9 Mar 2011
Got these nappies a couple of months ago and, now they've all been used, I can say that they really are excelelnt. The fact that they're Pampers already demonstrates their quality and we found them to be every bit as good as the 'higher rated' Pampers products. Very good nappies!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4