Profile for RogerDWMccutcheon > Reviews

Content by RogerDWMccutcheon

RogerDWMccutcheon "Rodwarren" (Alicante, Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Down The Old Plank Road: The Nashville Sessions
Down The Old Plank Road: The Nashville Sessions

3.0 out of 5 stars "Down the Old Plank Road" (The Chieftains), 8 Aug 2012
I have the DVD version of this, on which my favourite track is Emmylou Harris with "Lambs on the Green Hills" which is not apparently on the CD!

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy / Smiley's People Double Pack [DVD] [1979]
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy / Smiley's People Double Pack [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Alec Guinness

1.0 out of 5 stars A big let down, 6 Feb 2012
I can't remember why I expected this to be intriguing and entertaining but it is neither, and I regret the time I wasted watching it for the first and only time.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 5:07 PM BST

The Chieftains in China
The Chieftains in China
Offered by Kennys_Bookshop

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Chieftains in China (Audio CD)
I have had this CD for about fifteen years and it is still one of my favourites. It has eleven tracks, not just ten, but, mysteriously, number 6 is unlisted and unidentified.

The Best Of The Chieftains
The Best Of The Chieftains

4.0 out of 5 stars Some of the best, 28 Jan 2012
I think have collected all the available Chieftains recordings, but I think "The Best of.." should include "Carrickfergus". and I wish they would have recorded "Planxty Irwin" somewhere.

Live At Montreux 1997 [DVD] [2009] [NTSC]
Live At Montreux 1997 [DVD] [2009] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ The Chieftains

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 4 Jan 2012
This is a hugely enjoyable DVD and I cannot recommend it highly enough: never before have I replayed a disc so often since acquiring it!

Chieftains, the - Live from Nashville [2003] (NTSC) [DVD]
Chieftains, the - Live from Nashville [2003] (NTSC) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chieftains
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the most valued items in my large collection, 23 Dec 2011
I was prompted to look out my Chieftains collection after having serendipitously unearthed a VHS tape of "The Late Late Show tribute to the Chieftains" from Telefís Éireann (March 1988): it's a pity that does not seem to be still available.

Hilary and Jackie [DVD] (1998)
Hilary and Jackie [DVD] (1998)
Dvd ~ Emily Watson
Offered by TIP TOP SELLER

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing, 14 Nov 2011
I am a great admirer of Jackie, and having just received and played this DVD I wish I had not seen it; I found it disturbing and thoroughly depressing: I should have preferred to remain blissfully unaware of negative aspects of Jackie's personality: knowing of her cruel physical decline is bad enough!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2013 4:09 PM BST

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 8 April 2011
I had a Seiko automatic watch, which had given faithful service for over fifty years, stolen, so I wanted to replace it even though I had already bought a Russian one with a KGB logo from Amazon France for 49 Euros: I have to say that the more expensive Seiko is inferior in every way except cost to the Russian one, as it loses two minutes every day, and the absurdly complicated bilingual "day" function, which for me is redundant, might account for this.

The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music (Oxford Paperback Reference)
The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music (Oxford Paperback Reference)
by Michael Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Mar 2011
The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music (Oxford Paperback Reference)I really like this book and have already made much use of it: apart from anything else it is the only reference book I know of which has entries for people I know!

Agora [DVD] [2009]
Agora [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Rachel Weisz

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor audio, 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: Agora [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I have been an admirer of Hypatia since studying the history of mathematics a quarter of a century ago, so I was eager to get this. I am dismayed that most of the spoken dialogue is indecipherable and I have to use the sub-titles for the hearing-impaired who do not include me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3