Profile for Brian Sigsworth > Reviews

Content by Brian Sigsworth

Brian Sigsworth (Worcestershire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Trendworx 4044 Suction Cup Bathroom Clock with Digital Thermometer
Trendworx 4044 Suction Cup Bathroom Clock with Digital Thermometer
Offered by GreatGadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Suction cups that WORK !!, 28 Jan 2014
Well, after a lot of checking out which bathroom clock to buy, I eventually chose this one. Its looks, and promises, even though it was slightly above my budget.
So glad I bought it. The packaging is excellent and totally recyclable, the instructions are very clear and Setting up a piece of cake.
I have new bathroom tiles and gave them a very good wash and dry. I moistened the 4 huge suction cups and placed it in the bathroom where needed. Initially I was slightly concerned and wondered wether to put a hook in the tile as well, but have risked not doing so.
The shower is used 4 times a day with plenty of moisture and condensation (we like our bathroom hot) and the clock has not moved. The temperature readout is a bonus as it is interesting to see what heat you bath in ( wow??, that hot?) and the clock has not moved even slightly. I do tend to check its suction occasionally just to see if there is any movement and it seems it is genuinely stuck to the tile.
If ever I needed another bathroom/shower clock, I would not hesitate to buy another of these Trendworx 4044 Bathroom Clock with Digital Thermometer.
Well done Trendworx.

Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Mug, Platinum
Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Mug, Platinum
Offered by home_essentials

2.0 out of 5 stars Smart?, 18 Jan 2014
I had hoped this would be better. It does do the job but after many cups of nice real coffee, the mug still tastes and smell of plastic. A shame as it is a very clever idea.

Duronic CH260 Compact White Multi Chopper
Duronic CH260 Compact White Multi Chopper
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous., 18 Jan 2014
For the price and instant delivery, this little machine is brilliant. The blade has remained sharper for longer than a previous Russell Hobbs mini chopper at twice the price.
I have bought a spare blade but can't see me having to use it for a long long time. The chopper does parsley or coriander or other herbs superbly also breadcrumbs, onions, you name it.
Excellent value.

Panasonic Premium ES-RF41 Wet and Dry Four-Blade Men's Shaver
Panasonic Premium ES-RF41 Wet and Dry Four-Blade Men's Shaver
Offered by SuStuu

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame., 18 Jan 2014
I bought this as a replacement for my previous Panasonic as it was nearly as cheap as the replacement blade and foil !!
However, I had not had it long when it seemed to go pretty blunt and it takes ages every morning to shave. My bristle growth is not particularly strong but it does take me around ten minutes every morning to shave. I clean it regularly and recharge it each week, but I wouldn't buy again.

Cantilever LCD Monitor TV Arm Bracket Wall Mount with Swivel and Tilt
Cantilever LCD Monitor TV Arm Bracket Wall Mount with Swivel and Tilt
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars Swivel??, 18 Jan 2014
I knew what I wanted but each bracket I found was rather expensive for what it was.
I found this on Amazon and once receiving it, I thought it certainly felt weighty and superbly made.
The thought of putting it up in the kitchen filled me with a bit of dread as it is heavy and looked slightly tricky to do by myself. But, after a bit of forward planning and sorting all the fixings out, it was a breeze. Now its up and the TV mounted, I love it. Very easy to operate and full tilt, swivel and very compact when pushed against the wall.]
Would certainly recommend.

Makita LCT204W Cordless Drill Plus Impact Driver Kit - White
Makita LCT204W Cordless Drill Plus Impact Driver Kit - White
Offered by Tooled-Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Handyman, 18 Jan 2014
Firstly I must say I am not a particularly clever handyman !
I was looking for a decent drill and screwdriver as we have just moved into a property needing lots of bits & bobs doing, the more I can do myself, the less it will cost me, hopefully.
I asked the various professionals that were working in the bungalow and Makita kept coming out on top but I thought, WOW, whenever I have seen them, they are rather expensive.
After searching Amazon, I found this impressive pair of tools.
Apprehensive as they were quite a lot cheaper than other models, BUT, well impressed. I bought the Irwin Multi Purpose Drill Bit Set to compliment the drill and I have not had a problem at all. The batteries were charged when I opened the tin and I went straight to work. I have put up shelves, curtain track, bathroom accessories, security lights and lots more and as yet, still not had to recharge them. The clutch is brilliant and the carry case is perfect.
Delivery was spot on as was the packaging.
Well done for giving me so much more confidence at DIYing than before.

4 x AAA 600 mAh Digimax Rechargeable Batteries
4 x AAA 600 mAh Digimax Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by PoundMax

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 5 Sep 2012
I bought these as an experiment to see if really cheap rechargeable batteries are as good as the stupidly expensive ones in the High St shops.
I think these prove the point that it's not always 'you get what you pay for'. I have put these in my rechargeable phone and they work perfectly.
They keep their charge for much longer than the 'named' batteries that were supplied with the phone and also recharge much quicker. I would certainly buy these again and recommend them to anyone.

VW Chrome Car Keyring
VW Chrome Car Keyring

1.0 out of 5 stars Dohhhhhhh, 4 Jun 2012
Oh dear, yet again a pathetic product that was probably a FREEBIE with some promotion.
Useless, cheap and a total waste of MY money.
I must start reading descriptions, P&P and reviews more !!
MY fault.

VW Car Air Freshener BLACK SERIES - 2 for £6 DEAL! - Bora, Buggy, Caddy, Caravelle, Corrado, Golf I, Golf II, Golf III, Golf IV, Golf V, Jetta, LT, Lupo, New Beetle, Passat, Polo, Scirocco, T2, T3, T4, T5, Touran, Transporter, Vento, ALL VW
Offered by uniquecarstylers

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear.........., 4 Jun 2012
Well, I realy do not like moaning about my purchases, as it is ME who decided to buy the item.
This is such a total waste of lots of hard earned money. I plead with anyone reading this review,
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.
Total and utter rubbish.
I did contact the supplier and had a distorted type of reply that amounted to nothing.
DO NOT BUY !!!!!!!

Acctim Acura Smartlite Radio Controlled Alarm Clock
Acctim Acura Smartlite Radio Controlled Alarm Clock
Offered by HARTS

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 11 Feb 2011
I purchased this clock in order to see the time whilst lying on the pillow and hopefully easy to keep changing alarm times as I work stupid variable shifts.
The time could not be seen from a pillow position to the bedside cabinet unless I used copious amounts of blu-tac to alter the angle of the clock. The bright display had no fade so kept the bedroom light.
To change the alarm setting took ages each day/night and the snooze button was the main large button. I can't afford to snooze and need to be able to turn off the alarm instantly. To turn off the alarm I had to turn on the light and wake my partner, she wasn't pleased !!
Neither was I. Can't be bothered to return it. In the bin !!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3