Profile for C. MCCARTHY > Reviews

Content by C. MCCARTHY

C. MCCARTHY "bruises on my illusions" (Belfast. N,Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Anatomy Of A Murder [DVD] [2001]
Anatomy Of A Murder [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ James Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Good courtroom drama., 27 Feb. 2013
I was worried that this film may have bored me a little as it is mainly a courtroom drama. I was wrong. It was very exciting, thanks to James Stewart's acting and the clever plot. Very enjoyable.

Fourteen Hours [DVD] [1951] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Fourteen Hours [DVD] [1951] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film,, 27 Feb. 2013
I enjoyed this film so very very much. A young Grace Kelly and a young Miss Ellie from Dallas. Also a great part by Agnes Moorehead. Great acting, interesting storyline and all really well done. Great addtion to any classic movie collection.

The Hits And Beyond
The Hits And Beyond
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars GOLD., 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Hits And Beyond (Audio CD)
This is a CD I had been meaning to buy, and meaning to buy, and somehow it always escaped me. I finally snapped and bought it on here. And I am very pleased with it. It features all of Dannii's hits and a few none hits which are actually pretty darn good. The new tracks are amazing and the classics like, All I wanna Do, Disremembrence, This Is It, I begin to Wonder, and Perfection are brilliant. From the early '90s cheese to the cool dancey '00s this is a great pop/dance album.

Dannii deserves more credit than she is given. Really.

Philadelphia (2-Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD] [1994]
Philadelphia (2-Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought it wouldn't get me.... But I was wrong., 27 Feb. 2013
No I hadn't been living under a rock. Of course I had seen this film many times. But the last viewing was quite a while back. Years ago. I assumed because I had not seen it in a long time that it wouldn't get to me or make me emotional. I was wrong. Hanks is pretty fabulous. As is Washington. It's so '90s but thats not a bad thing. It's a time capsual. How far we have come now. The seen where Hanks is dying in hospital and his family are saying good bye for the night and his brother breaks down is always the part where I loose it. Tears.... Streaming. yea. Ok. Great film.

Sorry, Wrong Number [DVD] [1948] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Sorry, Wrong Number [DVD] [1948] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Babs.... Whats not to like?, 27 Feb. 2013
Missy does bedridden and terrified. And she does it quite well. Campy, very old fashioned but still a classic in my book. If you are a Stanwyck fan get it. :)

Kylie Minogue: Greatest Hits [Australian Import]
Kylie Minogue: Greatest Hits [Australian Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars This will always be my favourite pop greatest hits album., 27 Feb. 2013
It's Kylie. It's all her early SAW songs. It's in chronological order and it's fabulous. Some may call it cheesy. But they need to lighten up. It's a collection of songs that brings me back to being a five year old, to a ten year old, to my teens when I would play the songs. I am 29 now and this CD is my go to CD to feel happy. I never stopped being a Kylie fan. She has always been there. I love her new stuff of course but I will always really really love all her old stuff. Buy this CD. It will make sure you are never depressed.

The Princess Bride - Special Edition [DVD]
The Princess Bride - Special Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cary Elwes

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret treasure., 15 Feb. 2013
I had no idea about this movie. But now it is one of my favourites. I am in love with Cary Elwes in this film. Yea... Just buy it, its a sweet film, very funny, and has a timeless quality to it.

Columbo - The Complete Series (2011 Repackage) [DVD] [1968]
Columbo - The Complete Series (2011 Repackage) [DVD] [1968]
Dvd ~ Peter Falk
Offered by A2ZSupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE COLMBO., 15 Feb. 2013
Great boxset, great value. Eveyone knows Columbo and almost everybody loves him. The guest stars are fantastic, Faulk is excellent, his character acting is top notch. I am on season 5 now working my way through at a quick pace, sometimes I do up to three of his "movies" at a time. Can't get enough. Did I mention I love Columbo?

Girl, Interrupted [DVD] [2000]
Girl, Interrupted [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Winona Ryder
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film., 15 Feb. 2013
With a great cast, Jolie and Ryder are excellent. Britney Murphy also gives a great performance as does Vanessa Redgrave. It's a shame that Murphy passed away she was becoming a very good actress. It is also a shame that the career of Ryder seems to have flat lined. She was a very talented actress and quite under rated I think. Watching this film again has made me want to seek out the book. I think it would be a fascinating read.

See this film if you haven't, you wont be let down.

The Company of Wolves (Special Edition) [DVD] [1984]
The Company of Wolves (Special Edition) [DVD] [1984]
Dvd ~ Angela Lansbury

4.0 out of 5 stars I need to watch again... and maybe even again, 15 Feb. 2013
Strange film. Not what I expected. Thats not to say I didn't like it. I just need to work it all out for myself. I have not really decided what I think of it. I think it is worth a watch for sure.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4