Profile for ianmiller > Reviews

Content by ianmiller

ianmiller (Livingston, Scotland)

Citizen Eco-Drive Men's Watch with White Dial Chronograph Display and Black Leather Strap CA0361-04A

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 30 Nov 2012
Bought this on the spur of the moment- like I needed a new watch! I am pleasantly surprised with it however. It came in a really nice gift box- a bit redundant since I was gifting it to myself - but a plus for the more altruistic amongst us.
My first thoughts were that it was a little on the big side- but I've grown into it. It looks really smart and I do prefer the leather type strap to a metal one.
It's a big bonus that it is battery free as I'm useless at removing watch backs and I am reluctant to give any trade to a jeweler! It sits/ fits really well and is very comfortable to wear. I would recommend it!

Sony DSC-P50 Digital Camera  [2.1MP 3xOptical]
Sony DSC-P50 Digital Camera [2.1MP 3xOptical]

1.0 out of 5 stars good camera- shame about the rip-off factor, 5 Mar 2002
I bought this camera just after Xmas - and I have to say I like using it. I think the actual optics are super and when I got prints from it they looked great.
The buttons are a bit fiddly - especially the rocker switch and sometimes it's a "hit or miss" to hit the right one- but all in all I think the camera quality seems above average.
But-- and here endeth the praise-- it is outrageous not to supply the info-lithium battery which is absolutely essential. Normal batteries last barely minutes - that's right MINUTES!!!!
Forget any blurb on the camera mentioning the word stamina and giving unbelievable times for battery life-they are just that- unbelievable!!!
This camera is unusable with ordinary batteries and really needs the info-lithium battery.
It's also ludicrous to package it with a 4mb memory stick - how amazingly stingy of SONY to do this.
I was new to digital cameras when I was conned into buying this camera.
You must add the price of a decent memory stick - about 50 and the price of a battery and charger and case - about 100 to this camera.
This brings the price of this particular package way above what I'd budgeted for- oh and one other thing, forget about buying the cheaper and more economical Starter Kit ( comprising case, charger and battery) no one can supply it. Oh yes they'll all take your order and leave you waiting and waiting and waiting - even Amazon!!!
Ever feel conned??