Profile for Don Lucey > Reviews

Content by Don Lucey

Don Lucey "SORE FINGER" (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Camelbak Eddy Tritan Bottle - 750ml, Navy
Camelbak Eddy Tritan Bottle - 750ml, Navy
Offered by Daleswear Outdoors
Price: 15.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the office or Bedroom side locker, 20 Mar 2014
Stylish bottle which looks like it's built to last.
Some reviews say that the cap leaks. I've had it for a few weeks now. There is no leakage as long as you turn the cap on to the bottle correctly and close the mouth piece.
If I buy another, I'd probably buy the 1 litre bottle.

Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling Headset with Microphone - White
Offered by iHeadphones UK
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap feel, 20 Mar 2014
Okay for the price but average plastic quality. I sent them back as I was not happy with the sound or the feel of them.

Invicta Men's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Chronograph Display and Blue PU Strap 15200

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but very chunky and large on my wrist, 20 Mar 2014
It's a good looking watch. I wouldn't pay the full price for it. It is rather chunky and looks massive on my wrist. I returned it and bought a Lorus RJ603AX9 instead from Amazon.

Lorus Men's Watch RJ603AX9
Lorus Men's Watch RJ603AX9
Offered by The Friendly Lifestyle Store
Price: 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Professional, good looking and slim watch, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lorus Men's Watch RJ603AX9 (Watch)
The watch is very nice to look at - even better than the website photo. There is also a YouTube video for this make and model.

Be prepared to pay an extra 10 at your local jewellers to remove a few links off the over-sized strap.
The "day" can be set to read in English or French.

What I like most about the watch is the slim depth of the face. Not too chunky like most other male watches on Amazon.

I have been wearing the watch for almost a month now and it is keeping time and date perfect. One of my favourite purchases on Amazon.

Ted Baker Mens Carota 3 Slippers 9-12725 Brown 11 UK, 45 EU
Ted Baker Mens Carota 3 Slippers 9-12725 Brown 11 UK, 45 EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine but expected more for the price!, 13 Dec 2013
Fine and comfortable but slippers half the price are just as comfy and durable. Over priced. They look well though. I have them about 1 month now. You're best to buy one size up to be on the safe side. I am usually size 10 but ordered a size 11. They are about the right size. 10 size would have been tight and uncomfortable.

Philips Sonicare HX6013/16 ProResults Standard Toothbrush Heads 3-Pack
Philips Sonicare HX6013/16 ProResults Standard Toothbrush Heads 3-Pack
Offered by Quickdispatch123
Price: 20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick dlivery and as described, 22 July 2013
I liked the packaging. It fitted through the letter box nicely. The heads fit my tooth brush as expected. Good product.

Black & Decker FSM1600 Steam Mop
Black & Decker FSM1600 Steam Mop
Offered by Tooled-Up
Price: 74.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy handle has a reputation to break, 15 April 2013
After only four uses, I had to take this steam mop back to a B&D dealer to get the handle replaced. The mop has a design flaw - it has a tendency to fall over due to the rotating mophead joint. This causes the plastic handle to fracture. Poor design. The B&D agent said that a new "metal" handle will be out soon.
The sooner the better!

I wasn't overly impressed with the cleaning potential of steam either.

Roberts CHRONODAB DAB/FM Digital Alarm Clock Radio with Instant Time Set
Roberts CHRONODAB DAB/FM Digital Alarm Clock Radio with Instant Time Set
Price: 61.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking but out of date technology, 15 April 2013
There is no doubt that the Roberts Chronodab is a well designed DAB/FM radio alarm clock. It is a good size for the bedside locker and the dimmer is the best on the market that I have seen.
However, it does not have internet radio. For the size of the machine, Roberts could have easily included internet radio technology. It's like putting a Fiat Punto engine into the body of a Lexus.
Finally, there are only about ten DAB channels in Ireland and half of them are available on FM, so this product looks good but is not suitable for Irish listeners. Spend a little bit more and Buy an Internet radio instead!

Avenir Nylon Bicycle Cover - Black
Avenir Nylon Bicycle Cover - Black
Price: 16.78

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 years on and still working well, 6 Feb 2013
This covers my adult mountain bike nicely and keeps it dry. After two years it is working very well with no holes in it or sun damage. You'll get some condensation on the seat but usually it is perfectly dry. A good product. I am happy with it.

Backlight Smart
Backlight Smart
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd
Price: 6.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality light, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Backlight Smart (Sports)
Very good and bright light. Battery lasts a long time. I haven't changed the battery in over 2 years and I use the light every week. Sturdy construction and easy to put on bike. I'd recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3