Profile for Kipper > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Two of Us
The Two of Us

2.0 out of 5 stars the two of us, 27 July 2015
This review is from: The Two of Us (Kindle Edition)
Not for me. Reasonably well written. Large parts regurgitated pregnancy books. Didnt relate to the characters: her selfish and uncommunicative; him boorish and immature. Boring story.
Sorry.

AMOS Universal UK USA America EU Europe AU Australia Asia to 2 & 3 Pin China Universelle Worldwide Tourist Visitor Visiter Travel Adaptor Adapter Type A & Type I Mains Plug Convertor Converter (White)
Offered by CostMad-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 4 July 2015
Delayed review until used product on trip to China. Worked perfectly everywhere. Thank you.

Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 2)
Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but sometimes repetitive., 31 Jan. 2015
I read this straight after Assassin's Apprentice. Continuation of the story with same characters. I very much enjoyed the book but have only given four stars because I found it repetitive in parts. At one point I thought that if Fitz was saved from the Forged once more I might pack it in. However, pleased I didn't and now on Assassins Quest.
Good series.

Police: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 8)
Police: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 8)

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Jo., 30 Nov. 2014
I am a long standing Jo Nesbo fan and have read all his Harry Hole books. I also recently read 'Cockroaches' which I enjoyed more than Police. This because Mr Nesbo has followed just about all crime writers who seem to think that, as the series progresses, the only way to generate any tension is to threaten/maim/kill those closest to our hero. I wouldn't want to give away any of the book but suffice it to say that in Police just about everyone Harry knows from past or present is either a suspect or a victim.
It is extremely well written, as usual, but I'm afraid I just found it too much to be evenly remotely plausible or engaging.
Sorry Jo.

ProAdvanced - ProReturn Net: Popup Golf Net with Automatic Ball Return
ProAdvanced - ProReturn Net: Popup Golf Net with Automatic Ball Return

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and Bad, 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Pro Return Net (Sports)
I wasn't really sure how to score this. It is a brilliant design and a good quality product. It was dead easy to set up and took all the balls I could hit into it with no problem. I was using it on grass so it didn't return the ball but I expected that so no probs. When I put it away it almost seemed to fold itself and it was in it's bag in about 30 seconds. Great!
However, later I thought I would hit a few more balls. Again set up no problem but folding away proved to be a disaster. I have watched the video several times and had the instructions in hand. I pulled it up and tried to fold down the left hand first (as per directions) but it wouldn't go flat. After a couple of attempts I decided to start from scratch. I unfolded it and stood it up but it simply would not stand up. So like a few of the reviews I had a net that wouldn't stand up and couldn't be folded away. Useless.
Fortunately, I had Amazon's superb service to call on (10days) and have returned the first net (what a struggle to get it packed!) and ordered a replacement which is waiting now to be put up for the first time.
I am quite anxious about this I have to say. I think the design of this net is brilliant. Unfortunately, this means a lot of torsion built into the frame and therein lies the problem. One slip or misdirected pull or push and the thing just twists itself out of shape.
My main concern is that I do not know what I did wrong. I did it once successfully and just tried to repeat this using the video and instructions. I did not use any force (because little is required) but in less than 10 seconds the net became utterly useless.
I have corresponded with Pro-Return. Their email included instructions slightly different to that in the bag; their advice was to follow the new instructions "and do not fold like on the picture with the redlines (between steps 5 and 6)."
So, good product which I enjoyed using but has a potentially fatal flaw which has caught a number of reviewers out including me.
Perhaps I'll try the new one this afternoon......

Tax Disc Holder DOUBLE SIDE logo BLACK SERIES - Suitable for AUDI A2, A3, A4, A6, A8, Coupe, Quattro, RS4, S2, S3, S4, S6, S8, TT, RS, ALL AUDI

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug. 2014
As advertised. Quick delivery.

Dark Space: The Original Trilogy (Books 1-3)
Dark Space: The Original Trilogy (Books 1-3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 11 July 2014
OK read. Aimed at adolescents. Don't expect Iain M Banks.

Racing style seat belt pads for AUDI
Racing style seat belt pads for AUDI

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Very good quality item for the price. Quick delivery. Look good. Nice accessory.

Audi Car Wheel Tyre Valve Dust Caps Covers
Audi Car Wheel Tyre Valve Dust Caps Covers
Offered by sportsstyling

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Good quality. Obviously small so not immediately apparent looking but I know they're there!

The Gates of Rome (Emperor Series, Book 1)
The Gates of Rome (Emperor Series, Book 1)
by Conn Iggulden

2.0 out of 5 stars A lot more fiction than history, 23 Feb. 2014
I like my historical fiction to flesh out real people and events through imagined dialogue and back story to make sense of it all. This book (like the others in the series) are entertaining ,but violent, fiction very loosely based on some events in Julius Caesars life........ a sort of Jack Reacher meets ancient Rome! The books are good reads but please do not think you will know much about Roman history at the end.
Many events have been completely changed, timescales compressed and even details of the people's lives, characters or physical appearance have been changed from what is known. If you are really interested in Ancient Rome keep Wikipedia handy to double check as you progress. Better still read Collen McCullough's Rome series which covers the period from Gaius Marius to Caesars assassination in great detail and with comprehensive notes. If detail and accuracy are not your thing you will enjoy these books as well written action adventures.

Page: 1 | 2