Profile for John > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Jewellery Mirror Cabinet (White) Wall Mounted Cupboard Bedroom Organiser
Jewellery Mirror Cabinet (White) Wall Mounted Cupboard Bedroom Organiser

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 1 Mar. 2016
Item arrived broken. Hinges are not strong enough for the heavy door. Worst experience ever regarding returning. Not buying anything of this brand again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2016 12:20 PM GMT

SoBuy® FRG17-B-N, Modern 5 Tiers Bamboo + MDF Ladder Shelf, Display Storage Wall Shelf Bookcase
Offered by SoBuy-Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable product, worth the money, 26 Aug. 2015
For the money it looks and functions well, and assembles fairly easily. My observations:

1. It is not precision cut so some of the holes can be very hard to bolt and the shelves are not sitting evenly i.e. the little arms on either side of the shelves are not parallel, some jut in slightly and is obvious to see when inspected.

2. One of the holes was actually missing and so is missing a bolt on the top.

3. The ikea style instructions were actually wrong (showing the framework back to front, and the wrong way round in one of the pictures). Some of the actual parts were also labelled wrong on the parts themselves (R11 was actually R12 etc). There are a few other very small issues not worth mentioning.

If you are used to assembling flat pack items then you will spot the mistakes early. A bit frustrating though once you've laid it all out and then find you need to swap it all about. Overall this is a far cheaper alternative to the solid wood ones available and it does what it says fairly reasonably.

Organic Whey Protein - Grass Fed, Additive Free & Gluten Free (400g)
Organic Whey Protein - Grass Fed, Additive Free & Gluten Free (400g)
Offered by The Organic Protein Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and without the junk, 3 Aug. 2015
After trying many of the best selling brands for the last 20 years this has to be one of the healthiest protein powders on the market in my opinion. Even the taste is neutral and feels like it is actually food that is good for you, rather than some chemically laced rubbish. My own experience is that it digests easily, doesn't make me sick (even on an empty stomach), does not bloat the stomach, and doesn't make my shaker smell completely rank.

Will have to wait a few months to see what gains are really made if any. But regardless, one thing is for sure; I will never go back to those processed powders with tons of ingredients. We are all so brain washed into consuming these with their "backed by science" mumbo jumbo written all over them. Long words, ingredients you can't pronounce, and made-up jargon. This product is made with organic milk, nothing else. It is a whey concentrate not an isolate so the protein molecules stay in tact the way nature intended. Isolate goes through a filtration process in order to make it purer but it does this by stripping the protein of everything else (such as carbohydrates, fats, and almost everything). What I like most is this company keeps it real without making all the unbelievable claims.

Grunwerg Cafe Ole Italian Style Espresso Coffee Maker 6 Cup ECM06
Grunwerg Cafe Ole Italian Style Espresso Coffee Maker 6 Cup ECM06
Offered by EasihomeCookshop

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor workmanship and doesn't work, 10 July 2014
Having owned several of these coffee makers from different brands over the last 12 years I am familiar with how to use them and of the different quality on the market. This one is very poor quality indeed. The twist mechanism for closing it is the cheapest low grade I have come across, and the pot when brewing doesn't filter properly so only half the water filters through. The coffee chamber is thin and flimsy and feels like it will dent and misshapen easily. The handle wobbles with only a little pressure. I'm honestly trying to find something positive to write but it's proving difficult. Sent back immediately for a refund and will not be buying this brand again in any shape or form.

If you take coffee seriously or even if you just appreciate a good cup now and again my advice is to stick with the professional well known brands. They may be more expensive but I've used the same one daily for over 5 years and it still works perfectly. I only bought this because I needed a bigger one since my wife now drinks coffee and thought I'd take a chance. You get what you pay for, and this one didn't even manage one brew new out the box. Very disappointing product.

Kingfisher Aloe Vera Tea Tree Fennel Fluoride Free Toothpaste 100ml
Kingfisher Aloe Vera Tea Tree Fennel Fluoride Free Toothpaste 100ml
Offered by Blue Herbs

1.0 out of 5 stars Contains Palm Oil, 3 May 2014
As much as I like the idea of this toothpaste it contains palm oil and therefore only worthy of 1 star, if zero was an option I would give it that. I only realised it contained palm oil after I used it. If you are unaware, you might want to google this subject, or check wwf. Vegans especially will be horrified at how beautiful orangutans are butchered daily to exploit palm oil through mass deforestation of the rainforest. There has been a massive facebook campaign on the subject to boycott this disgusting product. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with palm oil itself, it is the way it's produced which is abhorrent. There are some ethical companies out there but how is the general public like me supposed to know who to trust?

If I had known that kingfisher contained this I would have never have purchased it, but the ingredients are not listed here.

Frankly I am quite surprised at the level of ignorance people have shown by giving this product 5 star. I will be writing to the company and asking them to explain why they are unaware of the issues of using palm oil, and if they are how the oil is sourced.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2015 10:24 PM GMT

NIL Kingfisher 100 ml Mint Fluoride Free Toothpaste
NIL Kingfisher 100 ml Mint Fluoride Free Toothpaste
Offered by All Mall Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Contains Palm Oil, 3 May 2014
As much as I like the idea of this toothpaste it contains palm oil and therefore only worthy of 1 star, if zero was an option I would give it that. I only realised it contained palm oil after I used it (I bought this as well as the fennel one, it was the fennel one I used but they both contain it). If you are unaware, you might want to google this subject, or check wwf. Vegans especially will be horrified at how beautiful orangutans are butchered daily to exploit palm oil through mass deforestation of the rainforest. There has been a massive facebook campaign on the subject to boycott this disgusting product. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with palm oil itself, it is the way it's produced which is abhorrent. There are some ethical companies out there but how is the general public like me supposed to know who to trust?

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2016 10:06 AM BST

Masonic Smallest ever Spec of Dust Tiny and Discreet Enamel Lapel Pin Badge
Masonic Smallest ever Spec of Dust Tiny and Discreet Enamel Lapel Pin Badge

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Craftsmanship, 18 Dec. 2013
I own a number of specs and this is the smallest I have. Close up it's really neat and tidy, not tacky at all, very good quality. Great addition to my collection.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 14 Dec. 2013
Have purchased many gloves from around the world over the years, none have ever actually fitted. Size Small is clearly not universal, even in the UK. Gloves can also be expensive. These are the only ones I have found that actually fit me. The quality is good, the S&C is nicely stitched, and are the cheapest pair I own.

Discover Tai Chi - for Beginners [DVD]
Discover Tai Chi - for Beginners [DVD]
Dvd ~ Discover Tai Chi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Instructor & DVD, 15 Oct. 2012
I first started my Tai Chi journey with this DVD many years ago, I purchased it again because the old one got scratched. Scott is a great instructor, he does not intimidate or dictate, he instructs and lets you get on with it as you see fit. Each section starts by teaching you the different postures in a studio, and leads onto a flowing uninterrupted sequence of postures set to tranquil music in beautiful outdoor locations. It is informative and easy to learn. Well worth a try if you are just starting out as this is a good beginners guide to the topic with many of the basic movements and principles clearly explained. You will feel a sense of achievement once you have finished a workout.

David Carradine: An Introduction for Beginners to Chi Energy Work Out [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ David Carradine
Offered by Wowudo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fitness DVD, 15 Oct. 2012
When you first play it, impressions are it looks outdated and lacks a contemporary feel (if you're used to cutting edge DVDs). However do not let that fool you or put you off. This is a brilliant DVD, simply one of the best. It's so easy to follow and David's voice is very soothing and you don't tire from hearing his instructions. It also has nice visuals in the background to help soothe and connect you to nature whilst doing the movements. Best of all the exercises really work and do what they say on the tin. You will feel full of energy and ready to take on life.

Great fitness DVD, great price, you can't go wrong with this one.

Page: 1 | 2