Profile for David Bellamy > Reviews

Content by David Bellamy

David Bellamy "David" (UK)

Management Consultant: Mastering the Art of Consultancy (Financial Times Series)
by Richard Newton
Price: 20.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for aspiring consultants - new and old!, 7 May 2010
After many years of consulting I finally bit the bullet this year and established my own firm. This was one of a number of books that I thought I'd take a look at to see if there was anything I was missing... looking for that little bit of inspiration - I wish it'd been written 10 years ago... it knocks spots off the Management Consulting book I read in the nineties when I started!

For the novice consultant (either a junior-middle rank consultant in a firm or an experienced executive turning to consulting) - this book captures the essence of consulting in a structured way that will add to your capabilities and is quite likely to enhance your career - the way that you think about fulfilling your client obligations, the way you engage with clients (in projects and sales) or the way you structure propositions for both internal and external audiences

For the experienced/senior consultant and consulting leaders - I would be surprised if you (like me) didn't find things in this book that you'd forgotten or perhaps more likely it will serve as a dig in the ribs and point out those things you've stopped doing (or perhaps should stop doing)... those bad habits.

Thoroughly recommended!