Profile for PHK > Reviews

Content by PHK

PHK

Apple iPhone 6S Plus - Stylish Heavy Duty Shock Proof Dual Case Cover with Back Stand & Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars A very pretty blue case!, 11 Aug. 2015
A super case for very little money. Makes the phone look brand new and prevents me from accidentally making phone calls!

Sealey TST/PG99 Tyre Pressure Gauge
Sealey TST/PG99 Tyre Pressure Gauge
Offered by Auto-Accessorize

5.0 out of 5 stars A good gauge, 18 April 2014
This is my second Sealey Gauge as I have dropped my first a few times which could have affected its accuracy. I have had a digital gauge, but the battery kept expiring so I think that this type of gauge is superior. Having set my tyres at the right pressures, the ride of my car is noticeably better than having the tyres over or under-inflated.

Waterman Elegance Ivory Gold Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen - Gift Boxed
Waterman Elegance Ivory Gold Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen - Gift Boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely gift, 20 Jan. 2014
This pen was extremely well received by its recipient. She uses it all the time and carries it her handbag!

James Martin Digital Scales ZX774 White / Black
James Martin Digital Scales ZX774 White / Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product, 25 May 2013
A neat good looking weigh scale. Far more accurate and easier to use than the mechanical scale I used previously.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

4.0 out of 5 stars An amusing read!, 25 Mar. 2013
A friend recommended this book to me and I am glad that he did. Certain passages caused me to laugh out loud! I would have no doubts in recommending this book to anyone. It did tail off a little towards the ending however which I thought could have been a little stronger, hence four stars instead of five.

Roth Audio DAB / FM / Internet Radio with iPod / iPhone Dock - Black
Roth Audio DAB / FM / Internet Radio with iPod / iPhone Dock - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent radio for the bedroom or the kitchen, 7 Mar. 2013
I bought my Roth Kradio as a replacement for my 32 year old bedside Philips clock radio which is still going strong and is now relegated to the guest bedroom. The Roth performs superbly and the remote control supplied with it is a very handy. The radio was quick to find my wireless router and homes in on stations with the minimum of delay. I love the fact that it is also an Ipod dock and the way it can swiftly move between its various functions, Ipod, FM, DAB, internet radio etc. I have a Pure Evoke Flow radio in the kitchen which I bought about 4 years ago. I prefer the Roth as I find the sound of the Pure rather muffled compared to the Roth. Furthermore the Roth is equipped with a basic graphic equaliser which enables one to adjust the sound to one's own taste. I also like that, to turn the Roth on or off, requires one dab of the touch button on either the set or the remote, whereas turning the Pure on or off requires touching two buttons, you get used to it but wonder why Pure introduced this system.

One slight drawback with the Roth is the screen which is all but impossible to read except directly from the front. The screen is also too bright at night and this is a disadvantage when it is used as a bedside radio. The screen on the Pure is much clearer and has an automatic dimmer when the light fades.

Finally, the Roth is a real bargain if bought from Amazon and is currently some £50 less than the price I paid for my Pure with an extra speaker.

NOKIA C2-01 PU Leather Flip Case Black
NOKIA C2-01 PU Leather Flip Case Black
Offered by E 4 Emporium Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value flip case for the Nokia C2-01, 4 Mar. 2013
I bought this case on 16 August 2012 and initially didn't use it as I thought it too bulky. I am now used to the added bulk and find it to be an excellent protective cover for my excellent Nokia C2-01 mobile phone. I have not given it 5 stars because the phone is held in the case by plastic clips which are starting to break. As there is seldom need to take the phone out of its case, the plastic clips are not often put under stress and should last a reasonable time.

Men's Cravat (Cvt86) Maroon Neat Design With Navy Circle Pattern
Men's Cravat (Cvt86) Maroon Neat Design With Navy Circle Pattern

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent item of neckware, 25 Feb. 2013
A very smart cravat and washable too being made from polyester! Good value being half the price of a similar silk cravat.