Profile for Gilly > Reviews

Gilly

Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition
Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition
Price: 1.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant software... can't wait for the updates!, 26 Aug 2014
Flight radar is very good. But why is T-MLAT so limited?
And there are some flights on the screen that have already passed overhead!
Brilliant software that I know will be updated soon!

sg

Fireman Sam - Fun Run [DVD]
Fireman Sam - Fun Run [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fireman Sam
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement DVD, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Fireman Sam - Fun Run [DVD] (DVD)
Replacement DVD for the one ruined by the poor instructions and upside down cleaning pad !!! In the DISC SCRATCH REPAIR KIT!

Euchre
Euchre
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Euchre card game, great but..., 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Euchre (App)
Eurchre is a whist type card game that is taught to us as youngsters, (8 - 10 years) by our parents & grandparents. The American versions are very tame compared to Guernsey version... also this version 'Cheats' as you can predict the opponents cards they are to play! And 90% of time the opponents win round by it! So this needs watching / and reprogramming by the suppliers!

10 Inch Protective Soft Sleeve Pouch Case for Android Tablet PC Laptop - Black
10 Inch Protective Soft Sleeve Pouch Case for Android Tablet PC Laptop - Black
Offered by Mestall (Ship from HongKong)
Price: 1.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Tab cover, 30 Jan 2013
It came, it fitted and did as described! As I said, it came it fitted and did as described! WORD. (Extra word added as instructed).

Brand New Mercury CD DVD & Game Disc Scratch Remover Cleaning Repair Kit System
Brand New Mercury CD DVD & Game Disc Scratch Remover Cleaning Repair Kit System
Offered by imustbuy
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but do not follow instructions!, 30 Jan 2013
The instructions are very poor and the cleaning pad is upside down in all products so you end up ruining cd disc. After ignoring instructions and turning cleaning pad over it worked !!!!

Biggles in France
Biggles in France
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Biggles was my entry to adulthood! Adventure here I come..., 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: Biggles in France (Kindle Edition)
Biggles with his friends Algy and Ginger covered many missions in 'Camel' type aircraft all over Europe. I read them... under the bedclothes in the 1960's, with my cycle torch ( many batteries bought with my pocket money). The books supplied by the school library service. 'Biggles in France' I do not recall as his friends do not appear until later. Great reminiscenses even though Cpt. W.E Johns, a pilot for a short perod during the 1st world War, never made it to the heady ranks of the Air Army Corps or RAF. But a good writer of general fiction and bringing Bigglesworth to life!.

The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday
The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good copy but where is 'Coffee Break'?, 29 Feb 2012
Good copy but where are the 'Coffee Break'sections? I am trialling this. The down-loaded articles are good and no problem with missing text or date problems as mentioned in other reviews.
However, all the regular DM sections are there except three: The 'MAC' cartoon; the 'Peterborough' column and the COFFEE BREAK pages.
These 3 could be included surely. We are all able to have a laugh, note real life, and solve puzzles with a pencil and paper from a static screen. A reply would be appreciated...

SONY VAIO VGN-FW31E VGN-NR10E AC ADAPTER LAPTOP CHARGER
SONY VAIO VGN-FW31E VGN-NR10E AC ADAPTER LAPTOP CHARGER

5.0 out of 5 stars Spare Laptop power supply, 29 Aug 2011
I use my laptop both upstairs and downstairs. Moving the PSU each time was causing damamge to the cables, so I purchased a second PSU both as a backup and a working unit so that I could take my Laptop to a different location without moving the PSU, reducung wear and tear and providing a backup should one fail.

Samsung B1930N 18.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor  (High Gloss Black)
Samsung B1930N 18.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor (High Gloss Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung wide flat screen Monitor, 29 Aug 2011
For a long time I had a Dell 14" flat screen monitor. It had been the latest thing since sliced bread when I purchased it. Now I have the 19" Samsung screen I can work more affectively, having multiple 'pages' at the same time.
Good price. Excellent product and well worth waiting for!

Philex FV400 Labgear Modulated Freeview Set-Top Box
Philex FV400 Labgear Modulated Freeview Set-Top Box

4.0 out of 5 stars Labgear Digital Decoder Works!, 9 Jan 2011
I have bought two of these decoders. They work very well even with digital DVD recorders.
The only downside is the Remote Control.
The remote's program up and down buttons work ok but dialling a program number is intermitant.
Because the decoder does not give visual feed back that the remote is working you have no idea if the remote is working.
Entering a program number has to be done several times before it changes channel. (I know about the delay of a single digit to convert to a three digit one ( 1 = 001 and I know this takes time) but...
It is quicker to get up and press the buttons on top of the set top box!

The actual decoder works very very well.