Profile for Big Tom > Reviews

Content by Big Tom

Big Tom "village idiot" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Expats
The Expats
Price: 4.19

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, but not that good, 8 April 2014
This review is from: The Expats (Kindle Edition)
A little slow to get going and I struggled to become involved in the characters. A good plot even if a little slow, but quite good ending so was just about worth the read

Rise
Rise
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Rise, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Rise (MP3 Download)
I knew nothing about rise and bought it on a whim, and the reviews. I found they are spot on its a really well worked album that has that instant wow factor. They sound or at least the male lead singer sounds like him from Linikin Park if not he does a fine impersonation. Great album which I am sure will be listened to a lot.

Anthology
Anthology
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars George thourghly good!, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Anthology (MP3 Download)
What an album, I dithered for a while before I bought it and wow it was an instant hit for me. The rock and roll blues can't help but tap your feet to just about all the tracks. Fantastic

Creative ZEN X-Fi3 8GB Touch MP3 Player with Bluetooth
Creative ZEN X-Fi3 8GB Touch MP3 Player with Bluetooth
Price: 89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Zen X-Fi3 great LITTLE MP3 player, 27 Mar 2013
I know the write up smells like bulls***, but this little beauty does perform almost as we'll as the write up alludes to. Due to significant hearing loss, especially in my right ear, I now have to wear hearing aids but my latest aids stream music by Bluetooth straight into my ear. I have been using a decent Sony mobile phone to store and play my music and I have always marvelled at how good the sound quality is. This Zen however is in a different league, the clarity and depth of the music is beautiful. I have upgraded the memory which is more than enough to keep me amused for a long while and despite other comments it works seamlessly in my player. I love the size it's so small it just slots into my shirt pocket and you can forget its there. The controls are ok, they just take a bit of time to get used to, but remember the touch screen only works as though they are a button, so no pinching the screen or scrolling with a flick of the finger. Adequate would be my description. Charging and downloading uses a standard USB mini lead so no need to worry about getting a charger etc.
The downsides,,,, well the main one for me is that the Bluetooth range is fairly limited, certainly a lot less than my mobile. I can work round it however as it is so small and light, you guessed it, in the shirt pocket it goes! Also the battery life is not as good as suggested by Zen, if you use all the sound enhancers and the bluetooth, I get about 8-10hours on average continuous use before the battery runs out. It's pretty good ,but less than anticipated. One final last niggle is that if you turn it off and then connect the charger, it turns itself back on and tries to connect by Bluetooth to my hearing aids.
In conclusion an excellent music player, better quality music than my iPad or Sony mobile but the niggles above prevent me from giving it 5stars

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 24 Feb 2013
I enjoyed this book it's combination of dark and light humour is intoxicating! Well worth more than the 20p paid for it.

Lorus Gents Digital Watch R2335EX9
Lorus Gents Digital Watch R2335EX9
Offered by tictocwatches
Price: 17.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and comfortable, 20 Feb 2013
I would mirror what most others have said here. I have used the watch for over 6 months now and I do not want to go back to any of my more expensive ones as this is so light and comfortable. Only disadvantage is that it is not car proof. Whilst working on my daughters car I managed to scratch the face. I forgot I was wearing it as its so comfortable. I think I am going to have to replace it so will be buying another.
Just to update my review, I have managed to remove all the small scratches on the face by polishing it with bicarbonate of soda and a damp cloth. It's almost like new again, whoopee !!!

Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?
Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?
Price: 3.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Who, 1 Feb 2013
I live in the wrong time and place. So where did Paloma come from? I have no idea but boy am I glad she is here as her music is great. The voice is a bit 'squeaky' but the songs are just perfect for her especially with her delivery and style. An immense album that feels a bit more rounded with every play

Invincible
Invincible
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars What type of music is this??!!, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Invincible (MP3 Download)
Not my usual type of music I would listen to let alone buy and yet........! To the previous reviewers a big thanks from yours truly as I doubt I would have bought this without the glowing reviews. It's everything that they say, it's BIG music and its great. Not something you would want to listen to every day but a definite must for any music collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2013 11:18 PM BST

Platinum Collection
Platinum Collection
Price: 12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars David Bowie is not cool, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Platinum Collection (MP3 Download)
I have never been a big fan but have liked some of his singles. I saw this album on ofer and decided what the hell it's pretty cheap. My life has been full of bad decisions and buying this album was definitely not one of them! I cannot believe that I only thought of him as a "so so" artiste. On my MP3 player nearly all the tracks have so much depth and are so enjoyable. Why did I waste so much time not appreciating his music before? This will remain a mystery to me,but hey I can always listen to these tacks now.
If in doubt buy............ I said buy, you will not regret it

Tonight Josephine!
Tonight Josephine!
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Something new for me, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Tonight Josephine! (MP3 Download)
Having read the review I thought I should grow up and mature from my usual diet of Iron Maiden and such. Lets have a change to something completely different. It only took one listen to the cd and that was it, in a word ""fantastickle" that seems like a good way to describe the music. Seriously folks this is enjoyable easy listening music that is a great alternative to much of he pap sold today. I love it

Page: 1 | 2