Profile for AARON STONE > Reviews

Content by AARON STONE

AARON STONE (Minster-On-Sea, Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
SWANN SWPRO-780CAM-UK PRO-780 Ultimate Optical Zoom Security Camera - Night Vision 131ft/40m (UK)
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited
Price: 77.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Garden Office Protected, 21 Jan 2014
We had a break in to our garden office and within a week, this product had been ordered along with a DVR system also by SWANN and is now up protecting our small building at the end of the garden. Even though the office is 30 meters away, it does not quite fill the screen as much as first thought however, our next door neighbour as asked us to slightly tilt the camera towards their shed and both building are now covered within the range of the camera.

We also installed lights onto the outside of our office that are on all the time during the night and even before these were operational, the night vision on the camera could clearly see everything happening down there when the naked eye could not.

At night, there is also a faint red glow from the camera that can be seen from the end of the garden on the side of the house but you do need to be looking for it to see it.

Only 4 stars are awarded as the description says it can be controlled by PTZ or controllers, but this is not the case, it has to be done manually on the back of the camera so as you are installing it, check it before taking down your ladder. Also at night, the image quality is slightly more grainy than expected and i did think that the camera would zoom in a little more than what it did. It does say 40 meters away and my garden office is at 30 and only takes up a quarter of the screen. any further than that it may be pointless having it however, its doing the job and i am happy with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 10:32 PM GMT

Cables 4 ALL 1m BNC to BNC Cable / 75ohms Coax Cable / Video, CCTV etc / 1 Metre
Offered by Cables 4 ALL
Price: 1.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Short space., 21 Jan 2014
After recently purchasing a CCTV system, we were supplied with 18m of cable by the camera suppliers. This worked well for one camera that is over the other side of the house, however, two cameras are just the other side of the wall from the DVR with the leads coming directly in behind the CCTV monitor. instead of a 36meter mess of wires behind the monitor, i purchased two of these leads and they fit in perfect to the cameras and to the DVR. I probably could have even got away with using half meter BNC to BNC however that may have been a little tight.

If you have a similar problem, then i do recommend. The Power lead was long enough to get to the back of the camera so purchasing power extension leads were not required. This is for Data only of which was needed and filled that requirement to my greatest satisfaction.

3.5mm Male Jack to Female Socket Extension 1m Cable
3.5mm Male Jack to Female Socket Extension 1m Cable
Offered by HDMIPerfect
Price: 1.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, 21 Jan 2014
After moving house, we set up the computer in a different way to as it was before. The computer had to sit on the other side of the desk and the lead to the speakers now did not fit. It was just short so with this extension, we can now get the speakers plugged in and is working fantastic again!

Make sure the jacks are plugged into each other securely and straight away you should have sound.

Not much more to state about a simple product but if you find yourself short of listening to some music, then these are the ones for you.

V for Vendetta [DVD] [2006]
V for Vendetta [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Natalie Portman
Price: 3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars V for Very Good, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: V for Vendetta [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Purchased a month ago, and watched only the other day, All brand new and sealed and arrived ready to be opened and watched.

I was very happy with the product, and really enjoyed the film too! DVD was completely clean with no scratches and the box arrived in the Amazon cardboard boxes designed for DVD's in good time too.

Apple iPhone 4S 16GB SIM-Free - Black
Apple iPhone 4S 16GB SIM-Free - Black
Offered by PLANET CELL UK
Price: 419.00

5.0 out of 5 stars New and Ready For Use, 7 Jan 2014
Purchased from Aunoteck, this iPhone 4s arrived quickly and sealed. Slightly concerned when receiving as the box did state that it was locked to AT&T (an American Network like our o2 or EE) however when opening the box for the first time, it was factory sealed and came with an English plug socket adaptor.

I was going with Tesco Network and took the phone into the shop. They inserted a brand new sim straight in an came straight up with the network so demonstrates that the phone was factory unlocked ready for the UK. All my unlocking concerns vanished at this point!

After using the phone for a month now, i am very happy with it and have not had any problems. I connected to iCloud and all my apps, contacts and other transferable data copied straight off my old iPhone 3Gs and installed onto the new phone. I could not be more happy with this product.

TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Tower Wifi connection, 18 Nov 2013
I have a computer tower and used to have a direct connection to the router. now that we have moved, the two are in different locations and i was a bit wary about purchasing this. However, i am not disappointed. I get a fantastic reception even though the tower and router are 2 rooms away on different floors (Approx 15 meters away as the signal flies).

SanDisk SDCFX-016G-X46 16 GB Extreme 60 MB/s UDMA CompactFlash Memory Card
SanDisk SDCFX-016G-X46 16 GB Extreme 60 MB/s UDMA CompactFlash Memory Card
Offered by Buybenchmark UK Ltd
Price: 51.99

5.0 out of 5 stars bit more space, 18 Nov 2013
I went and purchased four of these as the two 8GB disks i had only held less than 100 photos. now i can hold approx 850 images over all four (at very high quality on a high res camera with RAW files) makes photo shoots much easier now too.

I always go with SanDisk and every card i have never lets me down. even when i used to use the slower ultra CF cards some time ago. I do recommend this card!!

Toshiba SD2010 (SD2010KB) Multi Region DVD Player with DivX, MP3, USB, JPEG Playback

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but better, 18 Nov 2013
We did have multi thing with extra wasits DVD player but we had multiple issues with it. This one though less than 30 where our was in excess of 100, is multi region so we can play the odd DVD that we have without needing to keep switching regions. I can also play videos made at uni with the DivX decoder and those on a USB stick.

Great product and cheap too, not failed us yet and we have been using it for a few months now!!

Philips SHC5100/05 Indoor Hi-Fi Over Ear Headphone
Philips SHC5100/05 Indoor Hi-Fi Over Ear Headphone
Offered by DDL-Direct UK
Price: 45.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for dad..., 18 Nov 2013
...and the neighbours now do not listen to what we are watching.

As my dad is hard of hearing, i purchased this item for him to listen to the TV while we (Mum and I) can watch the same program (or listen to the radio while he is watching a program that does not interest us) at a volume that is comfortable and not too loud.

This item works very well and he is very happy with them so a positive 5 star rating. The only down side is trying to get his attention now when i forget he is wearing them and i just end up talking to myself.

The Official DSA Theory Test for Motorcyclists Book 2013 edition
The Official DSA Theory Test for Motorcyclists Book 2013 edition
by Driving Standards Agency
Price: 9.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Passed First Time, 18 Nov 2013
after reading the entire book, i passed my Theory test first time as this gives you all the information that you require for passing your test. Read and learn it and you should do well!

Page: 1 | 2