Profile for KayT > Reviews

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 April 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the best books I have ever read. I found the first few pages a bit strange, but once I got into it I understood why it had started in that way. Extremely well written. It's narrative gives an unusual perspective on life and death during the Second World War.

The Forest
The Forest
by Edward Rutherfurd
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars better in paperback, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Forest (Paperback)
I started this on my kindle, but it was too confusing, I needed to refer back to dates and family relationships which is hard to do on a kindle - well on mine anyway, so bought the paperback and read that. I thought it was good and could make more sense of it with the family trees and maps to guide me. I guess it will be of more interest if you are from the New Forest area, but good anyway.

Theodore Boone: The Abduction
Theodore Boone: The Abduction
Price: 4.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 8 Sep 2013
I have enjoyed every book I have read by John Grisham, but this was very disappointing. I kept expecting there to be a twist or a turn somewhere....but it was relatively easily solved and a corny 'happy ending'. Prefer his 'legal/courtroom' books.

Talking to the Dead (DC Fiona Griffiths Book 1)
Talking to the Dead (DC Fiona Griffiths Book 1)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars unlikey start, 8 Sep 2013
I started to read this book on the Amazon 'look inside' and was left wondering why someone was 'talking to the dead'. I enjoyed the book, the story was very good and the insight into the comparison between being and dead and having feelings and being alive are excellent. I particularly liked the information at the end of the story.

Life on Mars - Complete BBC Series 1-2 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Life on Mars - Complete BBC Series 1-2 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Simm
Price: 15.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Life on mars Boxed set, 12 Aug 2011
For those with a love of nostaligia for the 1970's this is a must. John Simm is excellent in his role as the detective transported back in time, and Philip Glenister is brilliant as the typical 1970's sexist, beer swilling DCI. Watch and enjoy.