Profile for katbookworm > Reviews

Content by katbookworm

katbookworm (East Sussex, England)

Beechfield Varsity Unisex Winter Scarf (Double Layer Knit) (One Size) (Black / Heather Grey)
Offered by notonlybowls

5.0 out of 5 stars ... this for a 'Gru' (Despicable Me) costume and was delighted with its quality at such a reasonable price, 11 Aug. 2014
I also purchased this for a 'Gru' (Despicable Me) costume and was delighted with its quality at such a reasonable price.

Inear earphones with extra earbuds
Inear earphones with extra earbuds

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap doesn't have to mean nasty!, 29 Nov. 2011
This is the second pair of these headphones I have purchsed - the first pair lasting almost 18 months, despite being used every day.

The sound quality is good (although towards the end I was having to adjust the jack a bit). I found these to be the most comfortable of the 'inner ear' headphones I have used, but due to their size, be careful not to push them in too far. The two spare sets of rubber covers was ideal for keeping these clean & hygienic and I found they didn't keep popping off, like some I have used in the past.

If you are looking for some headphones which don't break the bank... look no further!

Maximum Diner
Maximum Diner
by Christopher Nye

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the 'Local Interest' shelf in the bookshop., 28 July 2009
This review is from: Maximum Diner (Paperback)
Like many others I have very fond memories of good food and good times spent at the 'Max' - a trip to the cinema on Saturday afternoon wasn't complete without popping in for a burger or the massive Dime Sundae!

Several drab years after Chris Nye sold on the diner, I saw this book in a huge display in Uckfield's biggest bookshop and bought it on a whim of nostalgia. I found it both amusing and well written - it made it feel like the years had never flown by.

I highly recommend this book.