Profile for Jo > Reviews

Clearblue Digital Ovulation Testing Kit - 7 Pack
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Testing Kit - 7 Pack
Offered by EveryDay-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars God bless you, inventor of the ovulation test!, 25 May 2011
This is one of the best products ever, easy to use, accurate, worked well at the first time we used it, so my advice is to try this one for the first time, instead of the 20 pack.

Sense & Sensibility : Complete BBC Series [2008] [DVD]
Sense & Sensibility : Complete BBC Series [2008] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Charity Wakefield

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, breathtaking but too much similar to the movie by Ang Lee, 20 April 2011
I loved this adaptation, I cried much (since this is the most moving novel by Jane Austen), the only fault is that the plot and most of the actors are very similar to ones in the movie by Ang Lee starring Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet and Hugh Grant (particularly Marianne, Colonel Brandon and Edward Ferrars).

Emma [DVD]
Emma [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and faithful, 20 April 2011
This review is from: Emma [DVD] (DVD)
Perfect adaptation, adorable and faithful to the novel. I'm not fond of Kate Beckinsale, but here she's a very good Emma, and Marc Strong-Mr Knightley is handsome and great as usual. I really can't decide if the best Mr Knightley is Marc Strong or Jeremy Northam (in the Hollywood adaptation starring Gwyneth Paltrow), try to judge for yourself. Enjoy!

Far From The Madding Crowd [DVD]
Far From The Madding Crowd [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paloma Baeza

5.0 out of 5 stars Faithful and technically perfect, 20 April 2011
This adaptation is faithful to the novel and technically perfect, the actors are great (you will fall in love with Gabriel-Nathaniel Hawthorne), I spent a full afternoon watching it, forgetful of the time passing!

Divenire (Special Edition, BONUS DISC: 3 Brand New Remixes)
Divenire (Special Edition, BONUS DISC: 3 Brand New Remixes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, can't stop listening to it, 10 Nov. 2010
I've listened to Einaudi's music for the first time during a Pilates class, and it was so inspiring that I scarcely felt the strain of the neverending abdominal exercises! I couldn't think of anything else until I bought this wonderful CD, to which I listen whenever I can. The bonus CD with the remixes also is amazing, that's why I highly recommend this particular edition (that in italian music stores for example doesn't exist). Enjoy.

J Springs Ladies Automatic Stone Set Black Dial Watch
J Springs Ladies Automatic Stone Set Black Dial Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, not utmost practical, 10 Nov. 2010
The watch is very nice, despite its case thickness wich is considerable (being an automatic watch). I think that the crown is a little unhandy since it'smooth, and the dial is not easy to read since it's bright, all in all it's not a prefect present for your grandmother, but your girlfriend would appreciate it! With a few shakes before wearing it for the first time, it worked perfectly so far, I'm satisfied with it (but I found annoying that just two days after my purchase the price went down by 33 GBP! D'OH!)

Mansfield Park [DVD]
Mansfield Park [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Massey
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Faithful but outdated, 25 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Mansfield Park [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD because I'm a Jane Austen-addict and I read in most reviews that this is the most faithful version of the book. This is completely true, nonetheless remember to consider the year of production: 1983! The date doesn't mean a thing in itself for the films, but in my opinion it's very important for the TV-series, in fact from the technical point of view the quality of the camera takes is lamentable. Furthermore, the recitation is theatrical, exaggerated (for instance, I deem Lady Bertram's drawl insufferable). In short, I hope that some day will be issued a new hybrid adaptation of Mansfield Park, with the plot of this one and the technical quality of the latest ones!

Lost in Austen [DVD] (2008)
Lost in Austen [DVD] (2008)
Dvd ~ Jemima Rooper
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny crazy Amanda, P&P-addict like you and me!, 25 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Lost in Austen [DVD] (2008) (DVD)
I'm a P&P addict, therefore I confess that I expected more from this series, in my opinion my beloved characters, both Darcy and Elizabeth, appear there disagreeable. Nonetheless I'm glad of my purchase, I had much fun, the protagonist Amanda is lovely, how could you not empathize with her? Plus, it's amusing the fact that the prejudices of Amanda about all the characters of the book, turn out to be completely deceiving. In short: it was worth the money!