Profile for Mrs. Rachael Helen Johnston > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Rachael H...

Mrs. Rachael Helen Johnston "rachaelk2004" (Big Smoke, London)

Page: 1 | 2
Chicco Mode Booster Seat (Mars)
Chicco Mode Booster Seat (Mars)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chair, easy to clean!, 21 Mar 2014
I bought this chair for my grandson for when he visits. It'll be tested next week and I'm really hoping that he'll fit it in (he's 2). It's such a space saver (when you don't have much storage space) and looks so easy to clean! Everything looks to be removable on it which is so much better than the proper high chairs. It also means we can take it with us if we go out to eat (rather than using the high chairs in the restaurants, which are always dirty). Fingers crossed :)

Hamilton Free Standing Metal Coat Rack with umbrella base/Cream
Hamilton Free Standing Metal Coat Rack with umbrella base/Cream
Offered by The More Shop Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 24 Jan 2014
We already had a coat stand (3 legged one) but I wanted one that would take up less space (with a pedestal base)... how wrong I was to want one of these! It was easy to assemble and looks very nice, we put two umbrellas in the stand and a coat on each hook (4 coats in total) and the main pole running up the centre doesn't stand straight when it has weight put on it, it leans to one side and looks like it's going to fall over! Have now ordered a better one.

Rohde Womens Blue Slippers 2400 7 UK, 40 EU
Rohde Womens Blue Slippers 2400 7 UK, 40 EU
Offered by Schuhparadiso

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Rohde Womens 2400 Slippers (Shoes)
Got these as a Christmas present for myself... am very pleased with them, fit perfectly and sooooo comfortable! Lovely jubbly!

Rimmel London Sunshimmer 3 in 1 Shimmering Bronzer - 002 Bronze Goddess
Rimmel London Sunshimmer 3 in 1 Shimmering Bronzer - 002 Bronze Goddess
Offered by HORNSEA-INKJET-SUPPLIES

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, 15 Jan 2014
I love Rimmel bronzers, trouble is they keep re-hashing the design of them so I can never find the one I want! I had a similar bronzer to this (bronze to bronze) and then it went out of production... I managed to find this and love the shades (not too dark). Will be buying more :)

So Eco Face Brush Set
So Eco Face Brush Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab brushes, 15 Jan 2014
I have only used these once as I only received them last night but they are so soft. I usually use just bog standard brushes but saw these and thought I'd give them a go, they don't hold too much product on them which means using less makeup and means saving more money... win win!

The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, it's a pleasure to lure flies in!, 18 Aug 2012
Well, I bought this after reading Mr Chapman's review. Honestly I didn't think it would be very good but I thought well it's only a tenner! It arrived on Friday evening and my husband asked "what have you been buying now?". I opened the box and he rolled his eyes however, once I told him it was his he got it out and inserted the batteries. Luckily enough there were three flies waiting to be zapped. My husband held down the button and could not believe how it zapped the flies, even saw the actual sparks!! He is now laying in wait with the executioner even out on the balcony!! It's brilliant!!!

Philips HR1858/91 Pure Essentials 650W Juicer with XL Tube Feeding Tube
Philips HR1858/91 Pure Essentials 650W Juicer with XL Tube Feeding Tube

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use, 19 Mar 2012
When I got this I thought it looked a little complicated however, after reading the instructions I decided to give it a go. I did as suggested and peeled the oranges before juicing them, I also peeled the carrots (to make a yummy orange and carrot juice). It took 10 oranges and 5 carrots to make just under a jug of juice, which seems a lot. I can understand now why cartons of orange juice are so expensive! I just need to source some cheap oranges and I'll continue using it. The tip I'd give everyone is rinse the parts as soon as you've used them and then they take no washing up at all... if you leave them so the fruit/veg bits dry on the parts then it'll take some scrubbing! I have also put it in the dishwasher and it came out fine, but I did rinse it beforehand. I haven't used the accompanying recipe book yet but I may well do in the future.

5cms (2inch) Deep KING Size Memory Foam Mattress Topper ***Now Includes A Fiited Style Washable Cover With Corner Straps*** By "The Linen Depot"
Offered by The Linen Depot

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead to the world in 10 minutes!, 23 Jun 2011
I did a lot of research before I purchased this item. I read that some people had had trouble with these toppers staying put hence, I chose a topper with the elastic straps at the corners to keep it in place. I have to say, the straps do the job admirably! I also wanted a topper with a cover as my husband does tend to sweat quite a bit, so I wanted to be able to wash it.

For the last, I don't know how many, years I have had trouble sleeping. I generally fall asleep with no trouble at all and then, a couple of hours later, I'm awake... up out of bed and then spend the rest of the night downstairs watching TV (creeping Jesus as my husband calls me!).

We took delivery of the topper on a Thursday, unpacked it and left it to air in the spare bedroom until Saturday and then put it on our bed on Saturday evening (I will say that the sheets I currently use are a little too small - in depth - but they cover it okay and stay in place). The first night I didn't sleep fantastically, but I think that was because it was soooooo different to what I had been used to.

It's now nearly a week later and, guess what, I've slept brilliantly every night!!

I love getting into bed and the bedding being clean and cool. I used to get really hot in bed (no puns thanks!) but now, my body temperature seems to be regulated all the time.

The bed is a lot higher than it was, reminds me of "The Princess and The Pea", except I can't detect anything! It's fantastic.

I have given this a five star rating. As far as I am concerned, this topper is excellent value for money.

Before buying a new mattress, do try this!

Kraft Philadelphia Cookbook & Recipes Cards
Kraft Philadelphia Cookbook & Recipes Cards
by Publications International
Edition: Spiral-bound

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and creamy!, 6 Jun 2011
I ordered this cookbook after joining the Philadelphia FB page. I have made one of the cheesecakes and also a recipe for chicken breasts using Philly. The recipes are easy to follow and usually don't require all of those "special" ingredients that you never have in the cupboard!

A good book with quick recipes.

Utility Cabinet with 2 Shelves
Utility Cabinet with 2 Shelves
Offered by Kidzmotion Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cupboard, just the right size, 6 Jun 2011
I looked around at cupboards like this (and the reviews) for quite a while before settling on this one. I was a bit sceptical before I received it as some of the reviews said that it wasn't very sturdy however, I can categorically say that it was extremely easy to put together (although I did assemble some of it in the wrong order and then had to dismantle it!) and is very sturdy. Our garden is quite sheltered but even so, the cupboard is very robust and fits in everything we wanted to put away. The garden looks so much tidier now.

Page: 1 | 2