Profile for Frances Kelly > Reviews

The Book of Mormon -- Sheet Music from the Broadway Musical: Piano/Vocal
The Book of Mormon -- Sheet Music from the Broadway Musical: Piano/Vocal
by Trey Parker

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 12 Dec. 2013
I went to see the musical with my boyfriend and we both loved it. I thought it would be an inspired gift therefore to get him the piano music for his birthday, as he enjoys playing songs from the shows he's seen. Unfortunately, a lot of this music is better enjoyed on the stage than played at home. The book doesn't often get looked at, and there are only a couple of songs he's interested in playing. I think the best thing about most of the songs are the naughty lyrics and the performance. Not really melodies that you can enjoy on their own without the rest of the context. Don't bother buying this, just go and watch the show again!

GPO Duchess Classic Vintage Telephone with push button dial
GPO Duchess Classic Vintage Telephone with push button dial
Offered by Delightful-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It's gorgeous, I love it, 12 Dec. 2013
I am inclined towards things a little ostentatious looking, and this fits perfectly amongst those other items on my desk in my home office. It works and it looks nice. The only thing I would complain about is that the cord is quite short, so I have to be sitting very near to the phone when I use it. Not a massive problem though for something I enjoy mostly for its aesthetics.

BLACK TOUCH TOP BIN / DUSTBIN / RUBBISH BIN / KITCHEN / HOME / PLASTIC.
BLACK TOUCH TOP BIN / DUSTBIN / RUBBISH BIN / KITCHEN / HOME / PLASTIC.
Offered by ST&K Supplies

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very pretty, 12 Dec. 2013
I bought this for someone as their kitchen bin is falling apart... and I'm a little embarrassed now at the prospect of giving it to them. It's not a nice, shiny, top quality Brabantia-style bin but a cheap, plastic, lightweight looking thing that won't look great in their house. My fault - you get what you pay for with this, and bins certainly aren't sexy items - but there is nothing at all appealing about this one. Fit for purpose, but if you're looking for something to look nice in your kitchen, pay the extra and get a Brabantia.

Piano Works (Piano solo) (Paperback)
Piano Works (Piano solo) (Paperback)
by Craig Armstrong
Edition: Sheet music

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much in it, 12 Dec. 2013
I bought this as a gift, and it barely got looked at. Probably a poor choice on my part, but the pieces are very simple, very short and fairly dull.