Profile for Green Man > Reviews

Content by Green Man

Green Man "spidpw" (Derbyshire)

Sorcerer
Sorcerer

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxation with spice!, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Sorcerer (Audio CD)
I use this when getting my Reiki room ready - it provides a buzz. Possibly a little too energetic for actual meditation or the preliminary work as it is more of an 'up-lifting' production. My original got damaged so this replacement was a must!

Enjoy.

Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage
by Helen McGuinness

2.0 out of 5 stars Not thought out!, 3 April 2011
This review is from: Indian Head Massage (Paperback)
Hello,

I have enrolled on a 17 week Indian Head Massage course and bought this book to support my training. Another I was going to buy had poor reviews which highlighted inaccuracies. Well I think this suffers to some extent from the same thing and the diagrams - which you complete as a task - are not useful because you DO NOT get the correct answers shown in the book. So it is useless in that respect.

I feel that it is totally pointless asking questions if you do not provide the answers somewhere in book so that the user can check out his/her progress. Some of the descriptions relating to odd items are 'woolly' and overall I think this a is a 'dumbed down' book for yet another course which has been has pumped up just so you can get a certificate.

NOT a wise buy I'm afraid. On a good note I am enjoying the actual massage. Best wishes.

Farscape -  The Definitive Collection + The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD]
Farscape - The Definitive Collection + The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Browder

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr 'shouty', 22 Dec 2010
Overall good entertainment with imaginative and creative writing. Anything goes with death (and 'death) being overcome in various ways. All the characters, on a regular basis, feature instability, lunacy, heroism, selfishness and numerous other human traits routinely through each disc but by far the worse character in this otherwise hi-speed sci-fi is Crichton.

Ben Browder who plays John Crichton seems to think that acting requires the actor to shout for about 90% of each episode. Whatever problem (challenge) faces the dis-functional 'crew' of Moya Crichton's only response is to shout for the next thirtyfive minutes or so. This really does get tedious especially when Crichton's clone does not show any evidence of writer's cramp which may have introduced a 'whisper mode'.

However it is still worth the money in my view although 'Serenity' by far outstrips 'Farscape' and it is a shame that the former had such a brief production run.

Final note: Rygel is the only sane one on board and he is my favourite!

Cheers now . .

Battlestar Galactica: Season 1 [DVD]
Battlestar Galactica: Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Edward James Olmos
Offered by Helgy
Price: 17.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugh - no change really!, 25 Jan 2010
I saw some of the original series on TV and found it so unrealistic what with the petty politics and back-stabbing going on. Hardly the way to react in such a situation:- 'The Potential End of Humanity'. However I thought I'd give the new version a try and hence this review:

Good effects etc etc but sadly let down by the casting, some appalling acting and of course the story-line. The same sad bunch of humans all with their own private agendas - that just about sums it up for me. I will not be buying anymore of this particular show and I only wish Serenity had got a longer run. Now that was a sci-fi with bite! Cheers.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2011 4:32 PM BST

No Waste Like Home
No Waste Like Home
by Penney Poyzer

1.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, 24 May 2006
This review is from: No Waste Like Home (Paperback)
This book is light on anything new or useful. If you are the slightest bit aware of green or eco issues you will know more than this book will ever impart to you.

The book is colourful and easy to read which places it in the category of a child's book rather than an informed adult read.

Sorry but it is not worth the money.

System Mechanic 4 Professional
System Mechanic 4 Professional

2.0 out of 5 stars Unstable, 6 Sep 2004
I have used System Mechanic 3 for some time and apart from a very sluggish start-up it worked ok. Having come to the end of my Panda Virus subscription I thought I would buy SM 4 Professioanl which includes Panda Titanium 7.
Bad mistake. Panda Titanium works fine and is a separate install. However SM is pretty useless. Locks up continually and the other programs included such as DriveScrubber all failed to work or locked up.
I have now dumped it and will sell on unless I upgrade my system.
I'm using MS Windows 98 SE with 13gb HD Pentium II plus 128mb ram. Very basic system which runs everything else fine including heavy image programmes. However it could be that the Pentium II is not up to the job!