Profile for Mr. Eugene Brosnan > Reviews

Content by Mr. Eugene Brosnan

Mr. Eugene Brosnan (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
The Singles Collection
The Singles Collection
Price: 9.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowie! Genius!, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Singles Collection (Audio CD)
If bowie had not lived to such a ripe old age he would be in the saint status the Lennon, Morrison, Joplin and Hendrix are...I am sure of this...pre 1970 he wrote Space Oddity..a remarkable and avant garde masterpiece that says it all for me...! On and upwards to the more modern sounds of Lets Dance and Modern Love...My whole 5 piece family ranging in ages from 50 down to 3 absolutely love this album...!! Eugene Brosnan

Helplessness Blues
Helplessness Blues
Price: 6.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult second album????, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Helplessness Blues (Audio CD)
I preferred the first record and even though I love the fact that these guys, probably still in their 20s, write and record in this fashion but this record wore thin on me pretty quickly. If you are a fan I guess you should have it but probably already have....Eugene Brosnan

Flitterific Fairies: A Moving Pictures Book (Tinkerbell)
Flitterific Fairies: A Moving Pictures Book (Tinkerbell)
by Leigh Stephens
Edition: Board book
Price: 7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRESENT!, 4 May 2013
I asked for a fairy pop up book but instead I got this book but it was okay 'cos I love this. I have lots of DVDs about Tinkerbell and therefore I know everything about her so I can safely recommend this to any little girl or boy who loves Tinkerbell!!!
Éabha & Hannah Brosnan. ages, 5 and 7.

Elsie
Elsie
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best band of 2012, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Elsie (Audio CD)
These boys are the absolute best and for me, Elsie overall is much better than any Gaslight Anthem album, ok GA might have a few cracking songs here and there but Elsie has more of a continuum...I hope they make another!!

New York
New York
Price: 7.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Where are these sentiments in music these days?, 4 May 2013
This review is from: New York (Audio CD)
I had this on vinyl back in the day. I was in Germany recently and heard it played in a cool pub, came home and bought it straight away. Of course the references are somewhat dated but the raw power and honesty of the performances of both Reed and Rathke and the rest are top class. In my opinion, an out and out classic and a statement of what was to come to pass in the whole world, not just in NY. Real rock 'n' roll! Kids today will be surprised and even shocked at some of the lyrical content as stuff like this kust isn't out there, perhaps in metal and trash metal but the lyrics in those genres are indecipherable and the genres are too narrow to make a difference to the ordinary punter....A must for any Reed fan, a must for any rock and roll fan! Eugene Brosnan.

School Of Rock  [Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture]
School Of Rock [Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture]
Price: 4.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's the sequel???, 28 Nov 2012
Since we as a family saw the movie some years back we've been fans of the songs both from the guys themselves and the big stars...!!
The Ramones, Bonzo goes to Bitburg, just class...Edge of Seventeen,Stevie Nicks, not often a song gets on a soundtrack for it's un-cool-ness.!!!
I don't remember The Black Keys on the actual movie...but given that they were at the time, in their infancy, it is a great sound they are making but somewhat out of place and not as relevant as aforementioned tunes. But overall a kick-ass rock'n'roll gem...!!
And one can purchase the actual CD for less than 8 approx. Eugene Brosnan.

K.D. Lang And The Siss Boom Bang: Sing It Loud
K.D. Lang And The Siss Boom Bang: Sing It Loud
Price: 13.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Sing it kd..., 31 May 2011
Can't say I was ever a big fan of ms.lang. Admired it of course, what she was doing and the quality of her voice but now, years later I see her in her new "guise" and I think its wonderful. kd lang as a band person, band member, band leader and it works, against odds probably, as her voice is so brilliant that it's always likely to be the main thing, the solo thing but in this instance it's, to my ears anyway, a real band!!And that's great, and not taking in any way whatsoever from lang's enormous vocal talent. I was attracted to the album by the bands Jools Holland appearance, blown away and the album does not disappoint. The band members are all very present. I like all songs but stand-outs are, so far.... The Water's Edge and The Perfect Word and I love the production on Sugar Buzz...Brave steps with drum sounds etc...Overall a great album...Nice to hear Orbison is still around too...

Christmas In The Heart
Christmas In The Heart
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob Dylans Christmas Album, 10 Jan 2010
This review is from: Christmas In The Heart (Audio CD)
Dylan has treated all the songs, new and old, with the respect these great pieces deserve. He and his magnificent band play them straight, but of course the voice that is sand and glue makes them all really unique. Stand out tracks are Must Be Santa, with the hilarious accompanying video, and Little Drummer Boy which also has a superbly animated video. Hark The Herald Angels Sing and Oh Come All Ye Faithful have vocals that are really dynamic and powerful and choirs of angles for me cannot compete with the solitary, bear-like growl that is the voice of Mr Bob Dylan. He injects a new 21st Century passion to these well worn classics. Overall a great album by any standards and in a way a pity that it's limited to a seasonal genre. Thanks Bob!!! I'm not a Christmas person but you made it a bit more bearable.

The Simpsons: Christmas with the Simpsons [DVD] [1990]
The Simpsons: Christmas with the Simpsons [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Dan Castellaneta
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars The Simpsons Christmas, 28 Nov 2009
I purchased this DVD mistakenly thinking it was a feature length movie. Silly me.It's a mixed bag of early Simpson episodes. It's still good but it's just like sitting down for a TV episode. I bought it for my 4 year old daughter as she's a huge fan. She likes it so I guess my 2 star review is slightly unfair.She is now standing beside me with her sister Éabha and they made me change the rating! So, I guess it's a 5 star review for Bart and the family!!

A History of Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years
A History of Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years
by Diarmaid MacCulloch

4.0 out of 5 stars A History of Christianity, 28 Nov 2009
Mac Culloch, is obviously a very learned and erudite man. The book is fascinating, well written and humourous.It's written for the common man and the complex structures of Catholicism etc are explained very simply.
The only problem with this book is it's size and weight. One can only read it in bed probably, one wouldn't be carrying it in their bag or around the house etc. It's just too awkward. I even thought of cutting it up into small sections so that I could carry it to the local cafe.!!I think, Mr. Mac Culloch and his publishers might have considered breaking it up into say 7 or 8 smaller publications but the logistics of this might have been too complicated.
Anyway, for anyone interested in Religion and history it's probably a must.

Page: 1 | 2