Profile for SJ > Reviews

SJ (UK)

Liquid Thinking
Liquid Thinking
by Damian Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars We Can All Achieve Amazing Things - This Book Tells You How, 29 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Liquid Thinking (Paperback)
Damian Hughes uses this book to explore how we can all achieve amazing things. The theory of positive thinking and goal setting to achieve even the wildest of ambitions is well researched and presented in an easy-to-understand way. There are also numerous exercises to take the reader through the steps needed to reach their own goals.
What I liked about this book is that it uses real life examples from Damian's colleagues in industry to illustrate achievements, rather than just the usual gamut of top business or sports personalities. In doing this it makes the accomplishments of everyday people, such as building their own home or captaining a rugby team, special and worthy of credit. It also empowers the reader to go after their own dreams, however grand or modest. Two weeks after reading this book, I have bought a saxophone and booked a learn-to-snowboard holiday, and I am confident the lessons I have learnt from it will help me achieve many more of my own personal goals.