Profile for mummyscott > Reviews

Cheeky Wipes 25 Aqua Micro Fibre Cloth Baby Wipes
Cheeky Wipes 25 Aqua Micro Fibre Cloth Baby Wipes
Offered by Cheeky Wipes

5.0 out of 5 stars I love them. Wash them with the nappies, 2 Dec 2014
Brillant. I used cotton cheeky wipes when my twins were little 4 years ago. These are SO MuCH SOFTER! I love them. Wash them with the nappies, come out clean and soft with no fabric conditioner. :-)

The Good Behaviour Book: How to Have a Better-Behaved Child from Birth to Age Ten
by William Sears

5.0 out of 5 stars good sensible advice, 21 Sep 2011
Loved it. Teaches parenting skills in order to make your children nicer people to live with. Not simply a "bag of tricks" like some of the more faddy parenting books. Helps you understand and build a relationship with your young child so as to better understand their behaviour and your own in order to produce a happier family. Well worth the read.

A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues (A Song of Ice and Fire)
A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues (A Song of Ice and Fire)
by George R. R. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful story, 21 Sep 2011
Beautifully written. Really entrancing story. Cannot put it down. Very nicely boxed set of "the books so far" (apart from the very newest now published). Brilliant buy.

Warning - you may not get very much else done in the evenings for a while!

The Attachment Parenting Book (Sears Parenting Library)
The Attachment Parenting Book (Sears Parenting Library)
by William Sears

5.0 out of 5 stars gives you the confidence to parent naturally, 21 Sep 2011
Loved this book. My first babies, twins, were 5 months old when I read this. Before that I was lost and confused between advice from mother in law, to the baby whisperer and everything in-between. This book gave me the confidence to parent from the heart and really got me and my husband talking around what was best for the family and not just "what everyone else does" or "what you are supposed to do". I don't know where i would be without this book. I only wish I had read it sooner!

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
by Leche League International

5.0 out of 5 stars really inspiring read, 21 Sep 2011
If you are breastfeeding or planning to this is a lovely read. Very sensible. Puts things in perspective. Also has lots of inspirational stories from mums. Also has problem solving section and bits on toddler nursing.

East Coast Nursery Winnie the Pooh Combination Highchair
East Coast Nursery Winnie the Pooh Combination Highchair

3.0 out of 5 stars bit pricey. hard to clean. cute though!, 21 Sep 2011
Very nice chairs. Not too difficult to build. Not very padded unlike some of the highchairs on the market so only suitable when baby is a very good sitter, for one of my sons he was 7 1/2 months before he could really manage this. Harness system is not very robust so not suitable for the jail breaker type of toddler either!

Cute design. Will be great to use the table and chair function when they are older.

Difficult to clean (I put in in the shower and use the shower head to deep clean every few days). I wouldn't say it is worth the full price (I bought it on deal). For the full price there are chairs out there with more functionality.

Oral-B Stages X-Soft 4-24 Months Toddlers Manual Toothbrush
Oral-B Stages X-Soft 4-24 Months Toddlers Manual Toothbrush
Offered by Direct-dental

4.0 out of 5 stars ok toothbrush, 21 Sep 2011
Does the job. Unlikely to set the world on fire. Difficult part is getting baby to comply! I was told by my dentist to try supermarket own brand toothpaste rather than branded stuff as the taste isn't so strong. Did the trick!

The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days
The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days
by Tarek Malouf

5.0 out of 5 stars yum, 21 Sep 2011
Yum Yum Yum!

Enjoyable cakes and other baking ideas. Love every recipe I have used. Tips- turn straight to chocolate Guinness cake and give it a go. You won't regret it! Tray baked are good for cake sales or church etc.

A cake for every occasion.

The Baby-led Weaning Cookbook: Over 130 delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy
by Gill Rapley

3.0 out of 5 stars not really a cookbook, interesting read, 21 Sep 2011
Recipes include scrambled eggs ie. A bit simple for your average cook. Would be ok if you are a beginner.

Some interesting ideas on weaning. Definitely Helps you relax if your baby is not a big solid food person initially - they will catch on eventually! Encourages family meals which is good as they are easier and cheaper to prepare than doing one thing for baby and one for mum and dad. Some good finger food ideas.

An ok book. Not going to change your life!

Twelve Hours Sleep by Twelve Weeks Old: A Step by Step Plan for Baby Sleep Success
by Suzy Giordano

1.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable work of fiction, 21 Sep 2011
Dangerous. Poor babies!!

I bought it whilst at the end of my tether with 5 month old twins. Read it in the bath whilst husband gave me a few hours off. Realised it was mad. Threw in the bin.

If you are tired and need more sleep I would advise you read "nighttime parenting" by Sears. It changed my life. I am a happy well slept mummy with happy chubby healthy babies!

Page: 1 | 2