Profile for R. T. Pett > Reviews

Content by R. T. Pett

R. T. Pett "Toby" (Cheadle Hulme)

Cyclepedia: A Tour of Iconic Bicycle Designs
Cyclepedia: A Tour of Iconic Bicycle Designs
by Michael Embacher

4.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating insight, 27 Jun 2013
This is a nice book, it won't teach you how to design a bike or what the perfect bike to own is, but it's a fascinating look at some normal and unusual bikes through time.

If you are interested in how things have evolved and having your idea of what's new shaken up (when do you think electronic shifting was first used in the Tour De France, for instance?), then this is a wonderful choice.

I received mine as a gift and was delighted by it, when I put it down, I was always keen to pick it back up to look at the next curious or interesting specimen.

Motorola HF850 Bluetooth Car Kit
Motorola HF850 Bluetooth Car Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity itself, 28 July 2008
Well what can I say, a simple product that was simple to install. I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about this being sold as a "professional install" product, but I needn't have worried. Admittedly, I don't have a posh head unit into which to plumb the muting option, but that would only be one extra wire. The wiring was simplicity itself, it just needs power and a feed into your accessory circuit. If you've ever fitted anything to your car, then this should be a doddle. The main unit and speaker required some drilling, so not ideal if you have a shiny new car, but on my old shed it wasn't a problem.
I've had no issues with my phone hooking up over the bluetooth (although it is a Motorola, so that would have been a worry) and for the limited number of calls I've had since installing it, I have to say it's been very clear.
The biggest problem was then finding a holder for my phone.
In summary, given what you get for the £30 I paid for this, I think it has to offer the best integrated solution for the money.