Profile for Mrs. Lynn Spencer > Reviews

Bomb Cosmetics Holly Daze Gift Pack
Bomb Cosmetics Holly Daze Gift Pack
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Christmas Present, 30 Jan 2014
I bought this for my 14 year old daughter. She absolutely LOVED it!!!!! Smelt delicious, looked good. She even let me use one of the bombs in my own bath and my skin was soft and fragranced all the next day. Buying more asap.

Yazilind Jewellery Tibetan Sliver Silpada Turquoise With Chain Necklace Pendant Colothes Gift Idea
Offered by YAZILIND JEWELRY LIMITED
Price: 13.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected., 14 Jan 2014
Ordered this during a sale for the measly price of 1p so I wasn't expecting too much, but it came within the time stated, it's solidly made, and the clasp works fine. I've only worn it once so far, and it looked lovely on. It's slightly larger than I expected so unless you're confident enough to wear bold jewellery I'd avoid it. If you ARE confident, then it's a good buy for an excellent price - even if you get it for the price it currently is (2.95)

Duronic KS5000 Large Digital Display 5KG Kitchen Scales with 24.5cm Diameter Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I wanted., 16 May 2013
I've been using old fashioned balance scales for years, ever since my old set of electronic scales broke. It was supposed to be a stop gap, which stretched to a couple of years!!!! Until my 5g weight went missing I was actually okay with this. But when it did go missing I decided to splurge - after all, these scales are actually cheaper than a new set of weights. So they came yesterday, and I have to say that I'm delighted with them. The bowl is big enough that I can measure out enough flour to make a loaf in one go (as opposed to 2 lots of 200g and a 100g that I had to do with the balance scales as the bowl was so small). The screen is large enough that I don't have to scrabble round looking for my glasses to see it, you can change from metric to imperial at the touch of a button........they even look terrific on my work surface. All in all I'm very well pleased with them.

Simply Mini Marshmallows Tub 454 g (Pack of 2)
Simply Mini Marshmallows Tub 454 g (Pack of 2)
Price: 10.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Veg Soc approved? I think not., 15 May 2013
I've been looking for vegetarian mini marshmallows for ages and, yes, saddo that I am, I got quite excited when I saw these with the legend 'Vegetarian Society approved' on it. Promptly added to my wish list and even posted on Facebook about them. One of my friends looked and then broke the news - they've got gelatin in them. I double checked the ingredient list (on the right of the label) and yes, it's there. So the search continues and, although I usually snarl when people review products they've not actually bought, I've written this so that others can avoid the mistake I so nearly made.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars If only they'd lasted the whole winter., 3 Jan 2013
I bought these boots for my daughter to wear to school over the winter. We got them in the August and she started wearing them in the October when bad weather started coming in. I noticed just yesterday that the material at the back near the seam on the left boot has come away and they are now unwearable. So disappointed as I wouldn't say she's given them a hard life, and she absolutely loves them. I'll now have to get her a new pair of boots and try to find something just as fashionable, but maybe a little more robust.

Black Ski Legging
Black Ski Legging

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Black Ski Legging (Apparel)
Thin material that tore when I took the labels off!!!! I has to darn the hole to make them wearable. Not suitable for wearing in the winter.

Silver/Blue Electrolux - thinking of you Bagless Upright Vacuum Z4730AZ (Electrolux finished goods, ) Ideal for pet owners
Offered by Sorte
Price: 148.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but NOT for pets., 30 Oct 2012
Vacuums fine, but you need to empty the collector frequently. Oh, and it may be okay for a pet, but not for 3, like what I've got. Just spent 2 days trying to unclog the hose (ended up using a flexible curtain rod down it ).

Muddy Paws Timberwolf Extreme Wax Coat Brown Large
Muddy Paws Timberwolf Extreme Wax Coat Brown Large
Price: 12.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small!!!!!, 16 Sep 2012
I thought I was being a smart cookie. I measured both my dogs from the base of their necks to the top of their tails. 46cm and 56cm. So I ordered the Large size. It should have fitted my bigger dog, but on reading the other reviews, I thought that, if it doesn't fit him, it'll do the smaller dog. Well, it didn't fit the larger one and barely fits the smaller one either. The strap that goes round the rib cage didn't reach and the front velcro comes undone. Sounds awful, doesn't it. But I unpicked the strap and moved it back 2 inches and it fits perfectly now. And now that it's been moved, the front stays closed as well. So, with a bit of tinkering it's fine, but it only got 3 stars because you don't really expect to have to go through all that palaver with a new item. Only reason I persevered was because the actual coat looks good on.

Hg Duo Unblocker 1L
Hg Duo Unblocker 1L
Offered by san direct
Price: 11.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 2 Sep 2012
This review is from: Hg Duo Unblocker 1L
Bought this after a kilo of caustic soda, a bottle of Easy drain cleaner and pushing and pulling with drain rods have all failed to shift whatever is in my pipe. Left it to work overnight as per instruction and came down in the morning to find my toilet........just as I'd left it.

At least I'd only paid 10.75 from my local hardware store and not the 16 quoted on Amazon.

Phoning the plumber tomorrow.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Well pleased., 7 Aug 2012
Ordered it on Monday. Arrived on Tuesday. I didn't even ask for express delivery, so I'm kinda shocked (pleasantly, of course). I got it as a winter coat for my daughter and it looks like it'll be well up to the task. It firs her perfectly and is heavy and thick. Quite stylish. Hood is detachable, which I hadn't realised, but that's all good. Only niggle? The poppers on the front are really stiff and the bottom one came away from the cloth holding it, but I can get that fixed easily enough. All in all, I'm very impressed with the speed of delivery and quality of the item. I would recommend this to others.

Page: 1 | 2