Profile for Hannah Braime > Reviews

Content by Hannah Braime

Hannah Braime (London, UK)

How To Market A Book
How To Market A Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Marketing With Integrity, 30 Dec 2013
Joanna's book is a must-read for any self-published author. This book is packed with useful information and steps without being overwhelming. Unlike some other self-publishing authors out there, she has proved that she can walk the walk, and this is evident in the quality and detail of information she provides.

The book outlines what you can do to optimise your Amazon presence and then moves onto broader spheres of influence, such as social media, blogging, and speaking. Joanna covers some big topics here, and this book serves as a useful introduction to them, highlighting the breadth and diversity of ways you can market your book. Even though I'm already blogging, I finished the book with a ton of new ideas to explore and implement.

Probably the most encouraging thing about this book is that she achieves a balance between being encouraging and optimistic, and realistic. She makes no bones that selling self-published books requires consistent work but also points out that it is doable if you're willing to spend the time producing quality content and marketing.

Highly recommended as a useful, no-nonsense guide for self-publishers.

The Suitcase Entrepreneur: Create freedom in business and adventure in life.
The Suitcase Entrepreneur: Create freedom in business and adventure in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the tools and inspiration you need to start your own business & travel, 5 Oct 2013
Natalie's book is packed with information, tools, tips, and case studies that show you how you can build a business and have the freedom to travel at the same time. The fact is that this kind of lifestyle is open to anyone--not just the very wealthy or privileged--and The Suitcase Entrepreneur demonstrates that.

The book is divided into different acts that guide you, step-by-step, through the process of deciding what your business will look like, creating a strong business and marketing foundation, and then taking it on the road. Natalie is encouraging but doesn't deal in fluff: her writing is down-to-earth, actionable, and gets straight to the point. She includes a lot of great advice ranging from the digital tools that will enable you to manage your business from a laptop, to packing, travel-hacking, and staying healthy on the road. Each chapter ends with a checklist so you know exactly which steps you need to take and in which order. Even though I have my own business and love long-term travel, I still learned a lot from this book and will no doubt refer to it again and again in the future.

A must-read for anyone who believes that there's more to life than a 9-5.

Writing For The Web
Writing For The Web

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read for writers and editors, 21 Aug 2013
I was lucky enough to get a review copy of Will's book and, even though I wasn't sure what to expect initially, I was totally blown away by the amount of useful content inside.

If you write a blog, copy, ebooks, edit or do anything that combines writing and the internet then this book will change the way you work. For real. No more emailing Microsoft Word documents back and forth, no more dodgy formatting, no more WYSIWYG pain. One of the best surprises of this book is that it highlighted all the ways in which my current writing tools are making life more difficult and made me aware of better options I didn't even know existed.

I started reading with the idea that things like version control and markdown were for "technical people" (i.e. not me) and really had no idea what it was all about or why it would be relevant to me as a writer. Will is really good at translating technical subjects into easy-to-understand terms and explaining how the suggestions he offers can be useful to writers and editors.

This book gives you the suggestions and tools you need to focus on what really matters: quality content without the hassle. I've already implemented some of his ideas and I know that the tools and advice in this book are going to make writing and editing my next book a whole lot easier.

Insight: Reflections on the Gifts of Being an Introvert
Insight: Reflections on the Gifts of Being an Introvert
by Beth L. Buelow

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Read for Introverts!, 23 Feb 2013
As a long-time fan of Beth's podcast and website, The Introvert Entrepreneur, I was eager to read this collection of essays on the gifts of introversion. Even though I already love Beth's work, this book exceeded my expectations. In a society that generally views introversion as a handicap, Beth's insights are a breath of fresh air that have certainly helped me reframe what it means to me to be an introvert and appreciate the benefits and gifts that come with this way of processing the world.

The structure of the book is useful, as it's a quick read in general but the different essays allow you to dip in and out based on what interests you most. Some of the content is especially useful for entrepreneurs, however I highly recommend this book to anyone who identifies as an introvert - entrepreneur or not. Beth's writing is frank, witty, down to earth and imbued with positivity; reading each essay is like having a cup of tea and a chat with a wise friend! I consider myself to be (mostly) accepting of my introverted traits, but I feel like reading "Insight" has taken my self-acceptance to a whole new level.

Definitely a book I'll be returning to in the future!

Savannah's Dead - Horror and Mystery Short Story
Savannah's Dead - Horror and Mystery Short Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short story, 14 Feb 2012
This is a great short story that is a fun, quick read with a twist at the end. Suitable for young-ish audiences and adults, it also provides an insight into Savannah's history and myths.