Profile for C. W. Dawson > Reviews

Content by C. W. Dawson

C. W. Dawson "Amazonian" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Battle of the Bulge: Britain's Untold Story
The Battle of the Bulge: Britain's Untold Story
by Charles Whiting

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't read if you're happy to leave your WW2 as Hollywood style., 7 Mar. 2015
Not the most fluent of writers but a great deal of contentious, alternative perspective here (which does indeed stack up)

Appears well researched and provides an insight into who did what, where and when and is likely to be a surprised to most with a casual interest - possibly a shock if you're from the U.S.

Thoroughly recommend.

As it has happened I'm following this read up with 'Monty's Greatest Victory: The Drive for the Baltic April-May 1945' which sits nicely in context.

Chanel Allure After Shave 50 ml
Chanel Allure After Shave 50 ml
Offered by Prestige Europe

1.0 out of 5 stars I've watered down this review too., 16 Dec. 2014
Finally got around to getting something down about this product,.

Firstly I must say that I've used Allure and Allure alone as a cologne for around 20 years.

I contacted the seller to say that the scent was weak and something wasn't right about it. I asked for a refund if I paid the postage.

I was invited to send it back for testing (if it were fake I would then no longer have any evidence of it) I declined.

I looked into Trading Standards, however their teeth have now fallen out (cut backs) and the vicar's wife at the CAB now handles such matters; would appear they're only interested in market traders peddling fake Nike.

It really wasn't worth my time and trouble pursuing this so I have splashed a gallon on each morning to make me smell attractive up until I've had my 1st coffee. As any regular user of Allure will know a small drop lasts best part of the day.

Don't buy this product, simply go to Boots and buy a bottle from there, tip it into a litre of water and it will last a lot longer than this product for a slightly higher cost.

Draw your own conclusions.

Valin Tapestry Front Zipper Corset With G-String,White,S
Valin Tapestry Front Zipper Corset With G-String,White,S
Offered by Fivebee Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 10 Oct. 2014
Great look and material for price, a well satisfied lingerie aficionado was she!

A Day to Remember (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
A Day to Remember (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stanley Holloway

4.0 out of 5 stars It's nice, it's escapism, 30 Dec. 2013
If you hanker after a yesteryear or simply want to escape what has been allowed to happen to old GB then give it a shot.

Normal for Norfolk
Normal for Norfolk
by Keith Skipper

5.0 out of 5 stars Well it is!, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Normal for Norfolk (Hardcover)
Intended to have kept the old man quiet but he keeps laughing aloud and wanting to treat us to the contents - I had intended to read after, but no need now.

nuff said.

Trends Science Rock Tumbler
Trends Science Rock Tumbler

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and kitted out but, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Trends Science Rock Tumbler (Toy)
I didn't read before buying that on some cycles the thing must run for 7 days!
..as it is on a lower cycle it must run constantly for 3 days.

It's fun if you're patient and are fiddling the electricity meter.

QUALITY CHILDREN'S CHRISTMAS ADVENT CALENDAR, RAG DOLL STYLE, AVAILABLE AS A BOY OR GIRL (GIRL)
Offered by Supergoodies

5.0 out of 5 stars It's pricey but..., 30 Dec. 2013
..ya gets what ya pays for.

The source of great delight!

The pouches are small and I challenge you to find sufficient number of small gift, avoiding chocolate, sweets or trash!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and Xmassy!, 30 Dec. 2013
A little lightweight tin but most satisfied, used them to contain pressies with a useful and attractive container to boot!

Happy to recommend.

Suit Direct Scott & Taylor Dogstooth Jacket - Classic Single Breasted Regular Fit Formal Jacket Grey, 44S
Offered by Suit Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Really not my thing I'm afraid, 22 Nov. 2013
Product was fine but it came up small and gave the appearance of 'puff' shoulders due to the cut. Returned.

Nothing more to say.

Rockport Men's Fairwood Boot Waterproof Light Tan Shoe K57757  9 UK , 43 EU , 9.5 US
Rockport Men's Fairwood Boot Waterproof Light Tan Shoe K57757 9 UK , 43 EU , 9.5 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, classical, quality., 8 Oct. 2013
Don;t buy them, they're terrible, you won't like them....'onest you won't...you won't want to walk around looking all smart like me/

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4