Profile for SuzDC > Reviews

Once There Were Giants
by Martin Waddell
Price: 4.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Crying, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Once There Were Giants (Paperback)
I get to a bit in this book where I cry every time I read it to my 2 year old daughter. Lovely for bedtime more for me than her.

One Night in the Zoo
One Night in the Zoo
by Judith Kerr
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoo chaos, 21 April 2012
This review is from: One Night in the Zoo (Paperback)
Fabulous book. You will never believe what happens in the zoo at night. Already a firm favourite with our 2 year old daughter. Fun and also not too long for bedtime.

Playtime Rhymes: All Our Favourite Rhymes (Book & CD)
Playtime Rhymes: All Our Favourite Rhymes (Book & CD)
by Sally Gardner
Price: 9.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for babies, 7 Jan 2011
I was unsure which book of nursery rhymes to buy my 6 month old baby girl- there seemed to be so many. But I liked the sound of this one and I am really glad I chose it. The book is beautifully illustrated and there is a great selection of rhymes. The cd is great too. They are sung well and my baby seems to like the tunes. The lady is really well spoken and very clear. Very happy with this!

A Year of Family Recipes
A Year of Family Recipes
by Lesley Wild

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty meals to impress, 7 Jan 2011
I have had a copy of the Bettys cookbook for a few years now and recently bought it for a friend. I have cooked 50% of the recipes and I LOVE them. They are sectioned into Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter using seasonal ingredients. There are food and drink recipes in each section. There are meals in there to impress and just some lovely comfort foods. The Christmas recipes are divine, and every year I make the simnel cake for Easter. If you enjoy Bettys food and have visited their Yorkshire cafes you will love this book.