Profile for ripoff britain > Reviews

Content by ripoff britain

ripoff britain

Page: 1 | 2
Edinburgh Restaurant Guide 2016: Best Rated Restaurants in Edinburgh, United Kingdom - 500 restaurants, bars and cafés recommended for visitors, 2016
by David B Connolly

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't recommend this. It is the most useless guide I ..., 12 Feb. 2016
I can't recommend this. It is the most useless guide I have ever come across. It is just a list not a guide. There is no indexing nor any cross referencing. Therefore if you want to find a particular cuisine you will have to go through every one of the 500 listed. Likewise if you want one in a particular area. Of course you will have to write them all down so you don't forget. It's not exactly clear how the list is ranked, apparently the best restaurant in Edinburgh is a gastropub. I'm so intrigued I will just have to go next time I'm in town. Last night I ate at Jamie's Italian I don't think that was even listed. At 48 pages it has to be the most expensive book I have ever bought on a cost per page basis.Definitely feeling ripped off. Surely Edinburgh has a proper eating guide. I keep hoping Scotland the Best by Peter Irvine gets updated.

Microfibers Cleaning Cloths - 5 EXTRA LARGE Colorful Cloths Suitable for Cleaning Glasses, Spectacles, Cameras, iPad, iPhone, Tablets, Cell Phones, LCD Screens, Silverware and Other Delicate Surfaces by ECO-FUSED?(12 x 12 inch / 30 x 30 cm Black, Grey, Green, Blue, Yellow)
Offered by ECO-FUSED UK

5.0 out of 5 stars it was refreshing to get these giant cloths at a good price and multicoloured, 12 Feb. 2016
Fed up with being ripped off by opticians charging exorbitant prices for a tiny square of cloth, it was refreshing to get these giant cloths at a good price and multicoloured. It's a funny thing about these cloths they just seem to disappear; I guess one of those mysteries of life. Hopefully this will not happen as often with these big colourful ones. They work great on my glasses and various screens.

iClever Wireless FM Transmitter, Car Charger for Apple iPhone iPod Touch
iClever Wireless FM Transmitter, Car Charger for Apple iPhone iPod Touch
Offered by Elecsmart

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the clamping arrangement for my ipod ( yes some ..., 12 Feb. 2016
This was a replacement for a different manufacturer whose frequency display was not readable. No such problems so far with the iclever. I like the clamping arrangement for my ipod ( yes some of us still have them) as its simple but do check the instructions as there is a clamp release button rather than trying to prise it apart! The integrated USB port is useful for charging other devices. I haven't got round to understanding the audio cable as everything works without it. The instructions are not really helpful as they don't explain much but the diagram with the features listed is very useful. Definitely good value.

26" Premium Branded Mountain/MTB/Cycle/Bike Inner Tube 26" x 1.75 to 2.125 (Fits any 1.75, 1.85, 1.90, 1.95, 2.0, 2.10) Schrader/Car Type Valve - FREE P&P!!
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars I did read the other reviews so was not surprised ..., 15 Nov. 2015
I did read the other reviews so was not surprised when it arrived in a flimsy plastic bag, no box just the tube. It appears to be the right size but haven't pumped it up yet as its a spare

2GB DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400 200-PIN SODIMM MEMORY RAM FOR INTEL IMAC EARLY 2008 20" (2.4GHz, 2.66GHz) / 24" (2.8GHz, 3.06GHz)
Offered by GLOBAL MEMORY

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Nov. 2015
They worked in my early 2008 imac.

MENS REAL LEATHER 1.25" BLACK BELTS MADE IN ENGLAND (X-LARGE= (38" to 40" waist)
Offered by zack hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Nov. 2015
Its great, a simple stylish leather belt. Plenty of room for my 37in waist

HealthAndYoga(TM) Bulb Syringe with Colon Tube (34 Fr) - Close End
HealthAndYoga(TM) Bulb Syringe with Colon Tube (34 Fr) - Close End
Offered by HealthAndYoga UK

4.0 out of 5 stars It is well built and easy to use, 14 Oct. 2015
This arrived timely and discreetly. It is well built and easy to use. There are no instructions so do plenty of research. The key point is don't let go of the bulb before retraction as that will do just what you don't want and suck the fluids plus matter back into the bulb which makes subsequent sterilising difficult. Enjoy.

3 Quart Water Bottle Cleansing Kit with Bonus Water-Based Lube
3 Quart Water Bottle Cleansing Kit with Bonus Water-Based Lube

4.0 out of 5 stars The good news is that this can double up as a ..., 14 Oct. 2015
The good news is that this can double up as a hot water bottle. The key point to note if you are ordering from abroad is that there has to be a customs declaration and they are fairly explicit. That customs ticket is slapped on the front.

Ultimate Anal Spreader
Ultimate Anal Spreader
Offered by Uberkinky

4.0 out of 5 stars Still exploring with it. But it arrived on time ..., 14 Oct. 2015
Still exploring with it. But it arrived on time, discreetly but there are no instructions. You get those from the experience of others from the internet or close friends

XX
XX

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: XX (Audio CD)
I heard XX for the first time on the Radio 1 live stage performance shown on the telly recently. They played 4 tracks from their first album X (2009)and 4 from their new album coexist (2012). Lots of xs around here. I really enjoyed that performance and as it was a new sound for me I thought I would buy. And for a fiver through amazon including delivery I thought I couldn't go wrong buying the CD rather than downloading a few tracks. Out of the 11 tracks, I'd say I now like 8 a lot which is pretty good for an album, it still gets a lot of playtime in my car and home. The CD cover is a booklet which has all the lyrics. The music itself is classed as indie whatever that means, but for me it is some great raw guitar and vocals together with percussion and drum sounds. It's not a complicated sound which I guess means it can be readily reproduced on stage which is always good. Yep I'm really enjoying this album.

Page: 1 | 2