Profile for D. I. Hill > Reviews

Content by D. I. Hill

D. I. Hill "Bobby Dazzler Newark" (Newark)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Kitchen Craft Master Class Stainless Steel Fish Bone Remover
Kitchen Craft Master Class Stainless Steel Fish Bone Remover
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than tweasers!, 12 July 2012
After grimacing with fish bone removal using my wife's tweasers (and even pliers from the tool box in the past)we decided to invest in proper tackle! These really work and are thoroughly recommended!

200 Best Panini Recipes
200 Best Panini Recipes
by Cook. Tiffany Collins
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive choices!, 12 July 2012
After buying our new panini grill we needed some ideas and this book ticked all the boxes and provided us with plenty of choice that did not rely upon an exotic stock of mystical ingredients but rather what most folk have in the cupboard generally. Good value and very pleased.

Hailo L40 150 kg Capacity Aluminium Stepladder (7 Steps)
Hailo L40 150 kg Capacity Aluminium Stepladder (7 Steps)
Offered by Abbey Access Ltd
Price: 65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and great value, 12 July 2012
When ordering an item of this nature at this price you always have that nagging doubt as to whether it will have been a mistake and a flimsy pair of steps will arrive that you will end up spending days trying to return. In fact this was an excellent purchase. The steps are both solid and light to carry (something my wife insisted upon following the demise of my old heavy wooden steps that she struggled to lift). The locking plate at the top combined with the wire supports at mid-section of the legs make the steps very sturdy indeed. I am pleased and more importantly so is my wife!

Badmotorfinger
Badmotorfinger
Price: 5.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Soundgarden album, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Badmotorfinger (Audio CD)
This is a superb hard rocking album that does not have a weak track and after having bought all of their previous material some years back I still needed to pick this one up - glad I did - been playing it to death!!

Revolver Soul
Revolver Soul
Price: 11.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Treading some water, 28 Jun 2010
This review is from: Revolver Soul (Audio CD)
I have purchased all of the Alabama 3 albums but the last couple have lost the intelligant, wryly amusing lyrics and innovative sounds of the early albums. The R'n'B "rap" material on this album grates rather and some tracks sound a bit too much like fillers with a monotonous bass line repeating for far too long. There are examples of inventive sounds but the cynical and ironic story telling of the past seems to have sadly disappeared for the moment....

Exile on Main Street (Deluxe Edition - Includes 12 Page Booklet)
Exile on Main Street (Deluxe Edition - Includes 12 Page Booklet)
Price: 6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Stones Classic re-issued, 28 Jun 2010
Great album bought by me originally in year of release. The new tracks on disc two are overall surprisingly good - although those of us who have listened to Jagger's vocals over the years will recognise that the raucous, edgy voice of the early 70s is not always present and that the slightly cliched vocal style of more recent years suggests some recent additions that might not really have improved the original product - if we had been able to hear it. Nevertheless a cracking album that typifies what was the best of the Stones circa 1968 to 1972.

Kingdom of Rust
Kingdom of Rust
Offered by NetsavesUK
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb culmination of years of experience, 15 May 2009
This review is from: Kingdom of Rust (Audio CD)
I have played this CD continuously for three weeks - unheard of for a music fan who has been always looking to buy innovative, different or thoughtful quality music. I have two early Doves albums but this is in a different league. It stands alongside a number of albums that I regard as "classics" in terms of lyrical content and musical expression. A cracker of an album and truly memorable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6