Profile for D. I. Hill > Reviews

Content by D. I. Hill

D. I. Hill "Bobby Dazzler Newark" (Newark)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Truant / Rough Sleeper
Truant / Rough Sleeper

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb CD by Burial, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Truant / Rough Sleeper (Audio CD)
I have now purchased all 4 available Burial CDs from Amazon and they are on permanent rotation in my home and car! Very soothing and ambient but with an undercurrent of strong rhythm and the exceptionally inventive use of vocals - often as an instrument to augment the innovative sound.

Jamie Oliver by Tefal - Hard Anodised 30cm Frying Pan
Jamie Oliver by Tefal - Hard Anodised 30cm Frying Pan

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb pan!, 24 May 2013
After watching the recent Jamie Oliver series on TV my wife decided that she simply had to have one of these oven-safe pans - and is totally impressed with the weight and quality of the product. Thoroughly recommended. In fact we now possess two of these in different sizes!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2013 12:18 AM BST

Rouen & Upper Normandy Footprint Focus Guide (includes Dieppe & Le Havre)
Rouen & Upper Normandy Footprint Focus Guide (includes Dieppe & Le Havre)
by Andrew Sanger

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 May 2013
This is an easy to carry, comprehensive and informative guide which was of great assistance to my wife and I during our recent visit to the area. We would recommend it to any potential purchasers.

Street Halo EP / Kindred EP [Import Japonais]
Street Halo EP / Kindred EP [Import Japonais]

5.0 out of 5 stars Successful Amazon recommendation, 29 April 2013
I had not heard of Burial before I listened to the CD extracts following an Amazon recommendation (based on my other many and varied musical purchases). It is a quite superb CD and has a rather unique ambient feel at times interspersed with strong hypnotic rhythms and soulful lyrical input where the voice tends to be used rather more like an additional instrument. After buying this I now own all four CDs currently available.

Jamie Oliver by Tefal - Hard Anodised 20cm Frying Pan
Jamie Oliver by Tefal - Hard Anodised 20cm Frying Pan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality pan, 29 April 2013
My wife has watched Jamie Oliver making omelette's on the TV using this oven proof pan time and again and has been thoroughly impressed with the purchase. Although I was doubtful at first the very solid and robust design matched to the ability to place it straight in the oven has actually resulted in a much lighter texture omelette - and as someone who enjoys his wife's cooking I must confess I have been impressed!

Vans Unisex-Adult Classic Slip-on Trainers Black 10 UK
Vans Unisex-Adult Classic Slip-on Trainers Black 10 UK
Offered by Cloggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and price, 29 April 2013
This is my second pair of "Vans" and in looks, comfort and value they are second to none. Will be looking to purchase again after I have worn my latest pair out!!

Vans Unisex-Adult Chukka Boot Trainers Black/White 10.5 UK
Vans Unisex-Adult Chukka Boot Trainers Black/White 10.5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 17 Mar 2013
These are the second pair of Vans that I have bought (first were slip-on style) and are a superior quality, casual chukka boot. Very comfy and a great fit and feel extremely well constructed and durable. I am very pleased overall and would thoroughly recommend

Wooden Retro Turntable 3 Speed Record Player AM/FM Radio CD and Cassette Player - (Mahogany)
Offered by Ebuyer UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars What price nostalgia?, 17 Dec 2012
I am 55 and have been buying music since 1970. I recently parted with my 25 year old "separates" system (tape deck, CD player, amp, turntable and speakers) as too bulky and outdated. I have over 1000 vinyl albums and over 500 vinyl singles and since about 1990 some 1500 CDs. I own Bose sound sytems and Sony CD systems but I cannot describe adequately the simple joy of reliving my youth in playing my vinyl once again on a simple one piece unit like this! The sound is great for a £120 record player and the speakers do a fine job but the whole point of this system (hence the "retro" tag) is to take you back in time and from that perspective it absolutely exceeds prior expectations for my wife and me. It is simple to use and looks great (we have bought the mahogony version). If you are kindred spirits of my era I thoroghly recommend this bit of kit!

The Studio Albums 1968-1979
The Studio Albums 1968-1979
Offered by marvelio-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 28 Nov 2012
I have always loved Joni Mitchell since the 1970s but only had a few of her albums (on vinyl). After reading a number reviews I bought this and it is simply superb. It covers what many critics regard as her peak period and I must agree. For around 25 quid a history of her 10 first albums on CD with replica covers gives hours of sublime listening. Glass of wine, lights low and Joni on the CD player. Bliss.

Hyundai Electric Oil Filled Radiator with Thermostat and 3 Heat Settings, 2000 Watt (Colours May Vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger is better, 28 Nov 2012
Great price (saved a tenner on high street) and speedy delivery (courtesy of "Prime") and reading earlier comments meant we chose the 2000 watt. It was a sensible decision. It is used in our conservatory and is substanially more efficient than our older less powerful oil heater. 5 star deserved.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6