Profile for CARI JONES > Reviews

Content by CARI JONES

CARI JONES "D&T teacher" (Hampshire)

Electrolux Stair and Carvac  Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Electrolux Stair and Carvac Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent liitle cleaner!, 7 Nov 2009
After researching mini hand held vacuums online, I was annoyed to find the one I originally intended to purchase ran for only 6 mins after three hours of charging! (the Dyson) So I had read that this one plugged in...brilliant! It is the best hand held vacuum I have ever bought, it has a strong suction and smaller attachment for nooks and crannies. I have used it to clean the car...perfect strong enough to lift dirt off hard to clean car carpets and dust from here and there. Cord is long and the unit is light and small, this makes it a good device to move round the car and the home. Can't recommend this enough!!

The Complete Manual of Woodworking
The Complete Manual of Woodworking
by Albert Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!!, 18 Nov 2007
I am a design and teachnology teacher and wanted a resource to encourage my pupils to carry out research. This book explains everything in great detail and has step by step images of how to create various joining methods and the tools needed to create them. It has a clear section on timbers detailing where they can be found and working properties, listined under hard and softwood headings with clear pictures of each.
I would recommend this publication as one of the best reference materials I have ever bought.....excellent!!

Letts Red Hot Starters - Design and Technology (Letts 101 Red Hot Starters)
Letts Red Hot Starters - Design and Technology (Letts 101 Red Hot Starters)
by Louise Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great base for creating your own starters, 18 Nov 2007
This book has some really good ideas for not just starters but lesson content, although in some instances you have to think outside the box and extend the ativities (or make them relevant to your lesson content).
It is sectioned into year 7,8 and 9, but again I have found that activities can be extended and given greater depth to make them suitable for any year.
I would recommend this book to any teacher, but suggest you don't always take the suggestions directly and develop it into your own, use it as a platform.

Kisscut: (Grant County series 2)
Kisscut: (Grant County series 2)
by Karin Slaughter

5.0 out of 5 stars best read for a long time, 23 Jan 2004
From the moment I picked this book up I was glued. For those who find books initially hard to get into this is a book for you, from the first page your attention is grabbed and putting this book down will be hard!
Although this book deals with some disturbing subjects they are handle appropriately, but also showing that tragidies like these do happen even if we'd like to think they don't.
An excellent read!!

The Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook
The Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook
by Janet Farrar

3.0 out of 5 stars very coven orientated but some usefull info, 29 Jan 2002
If you are just starting out as a wiccan and want to do it solo, do not read this book first, it will confuse you and make you feel that wicca can't be followed by ones self. It is very coven orientated, but for a more experienced solo wiccan
some usefull information can be taken from and adapted to suit your needs....worth reading just to widen your knowledge of all aspects of wicca.........perfect for those in a coven.

Witchcraft: Theory and Practice
Witchcraft: Theory and Practice
by Ly De Angeles

5.0 out of 5 stars gives greater understanding and insight., 29 Jan 2002
I've read a number of books about Witchcraft and this is one of the best.Although it doesn't cover everything i found the exercises for relaxation and visualisation very helpful and detailling of rituals interesting..and of course can be adapted to each individual as they wish.
A good read for anyone who is starting out and wants to know more..Hope you enjoy it as much as i have.

The Faeries Oracle
The Faeries Oracle
by Brian Froud

5.0 out of 5 stars enchanting, 29 Jan 2002
This review is from: The Faeries Oracle (Hardcover)
I've been interested in tarot reading for many years, but have never found cards that I felt totally at ease with, until that is, I was given these cards by my partner as a christmas present!.
As soon as I opened these cards I felt uplifted, the illustrations make you smile and feel filled with joy, but not only did I find them enchanting to look at, I found that the stories the cards unfolded were so easy to interpretate. An absolute must for anyone finding they can't read or are uncomfortable with cards they are currently using.