Profile for Mr Shh. > Reviews

Content by Mr Shh.

Mr Shh. "What you did there...I see it." (London. UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive OEM
WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive OEM

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent hard drive at a cheap price., 5 Sept. 2011
I had installed three hard drives totaling about 1TB in my PC. Over the years as I needed additional space I bought an extra hard drive but now I have so much music, pictures and games saved and installed and other files and backups that it was all getting a bit fragmented.

I decided to buy this 2TB drive to replace the smallest 150Gb hard drive. I plugged it in to the SATA socket, did a fresh install of Windows 7 and I'm good to go. I've now put all my files on this drive and have about 1TB free and have the other two freshly formatted smaller drives to save backups on in case of a failure.

It works fine so far and has a reasonably quick read and write speed and was about £60 cheaper than an inferior 1.5TB drive I had seen in a local well known retail store so I'm perfectly happy with my purchase.

Bahco 808050 Ratchet Screwdriver and 6 Bits
Bahco 808050 Ratchet Screwdriver and 6 Bits

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality product., 29 Aug. 2011
This was Scooter "Scooter"s review...

"OK, it's difficult to get too excited about a screwdriver! However, having gone through numerous ratchet drivers this is certainly a cut above. The mechanism feels very well engineered; no wobbly ratchet, no slipping. Very comfortable to use, and the blade holder in the handle works well. The long, slim shaft also means it's easy to use in deep, small diameter access areas.

In summary: very good and well worth the premium over cheaper alternatives."

I just bought this screwdriver after experiencing several cheap crappy alternatives and Scooter's review exactly summed up what I would have said so I just copied and pasted it.

Kitchen Craft 13cm Funnel With Removable Filter
Kitchen Craft 13cm Funnel With Removable Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a funnel?!?, 29 Aug. 2011
Not much I can say really considering that it's just a funnel. It's made of metal which is easier to clean than those clear plastic funnels. It has a filter for those people that might want to filter nasty crap out of whatever it is they have decided to funnel.

I don't personally need the filter for oil as I don't tend to fry much food and I mostly use it to funnel water from my water filter into a bottle to put in the fridge. However, it is a bit shallow so you can't pour the water too heavily and need to go easy with the pouring.

If you need a funnel then this does the job just fine.

(God, I can't believe I just spent my time reviewing a funnel. 'Facepalm')

JML ShamWow 2 Chamois (1 XL Orange & 1 large Blue)
JML ShamWow 2 Chamois (1 XL Orange & 1 large Blue)

3.0 out of 5 stars They over-egged the pudding with the advertising., 27 Aug. 2011
I saw the advert for the Shamwow online so thought I'd try it but they have definately exaggerated how good it is. Whilst it does mop up spills fairly well and is absorbent it is not as absorbent as the advert makes it seem and I have also used it to buff my car after I washed it. It buffed it nicely but left lots of fibres on it. My car is black so it nearly ended up looking like a giant cuddly toy.

Overall Shamwow is ok but nothing particularly special. I don't think I would buy them again.

Corsair CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 XMS3 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 1333 Mhz CL9 Performance Desktop Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Good RAM can make all the difference., 27 Aug. 2011
I just replaced my dead motherboard and processor but found that my new motherboard could not take my 4GB of DDR2 that I had been using so I decided to buy 8GB of this Corsair DDR3 instead. With the 4GB of DDR2 and and dual core processor that I had been using I found that some of my games such as Crysis Warhead had graphical glitches and a lot of vegetation popup. Whilst I waited for the 8GB to arrive I had to buy one 2GB stick from the shop in the interim just so I could use my PC to do work but I found that I was getting a high FPS and glitches (on games)but now the 8GB has arrived and I've installed it my new Intel i5 2500k fairly zings along and all the popup and glitches in the aforementioned game has all gone.

I don't know much about the technical specs of RAM but as I have noticed a considerable difference since I've started using it I can do nothing but recommend it.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stealth or gung ho? It's your choice., 26 Aug. 2011
I have never played a Deus Ex game before but I had heard so much about the original that I just had to play this new version. From the moment the game begins you are propelled along an interesting plot line involving the augmentation of the human body using implants. Straight away you realise that there is a lot going on both from direct dialogue and from news items on TV screens on the wall and electronic ipad type news boards you find along the way. There is a conference in Washington where the new augmentations are to be presented and you are then given control of Adam Jensen once the lab is attacked and you get your first taste of combat.

The gameplay is a mixture of Gears of War's cover features and the stealth which very much reminded me of the very first Metal Gear solid game on the PS1, it also reminds me of Perfect Dark on N64. The keyboard controls are quite intuitive as you press the right mouse button to duck into cover and A or D to move along behind the wall or crate or space to roll to the next cover. You can then peer round the corner and press middle mouse button for iron sights and either empty the magazine or aim for a headshot, whichever is your preference. I did enjoy the combat but unfortunately the weapons don't feel like they pack a real punch.

You don't always need to fight at all as each area has so many opportunities to use the stealth that you can avoid opponents altogether or knock them out and drag them into an adjacent room and leave them all in a homo-erotic pile. you will also need to become proficient at the hacking mini-game which is much harder than the ones in Bioshock. Hacking can get you access to files and to unlock doors to gain entry to new areas.

As you play you gain exp which you can use to upgrade your own augmentations for instance to buff your hacking skill or increase your strength to punch through certain walls to access areas so the game does possess some mini RPG elements.

The visual colour pale is mostly grey and gold but I like it because it feel futuristic but without feeling dull and cold like some other games that are set in a near future setting but the graphics themselves are not always the best they could be. In a way it feels like a souped up Source engine, some of the facial animation could be better when the characters are talking as the mouths don't move very fluidly.

I also have a complaint about the AI. At one point I was peeping round the corner at three guards and shot the first with a tranquilizer dart successfully but fluffed hitting the second guard so they both started shooting at me but didn't duck into cover and stood there like lemons until I shot the second guard after which the third eventually thought it was a good idea to move from out in the open.

Overall I give the game 5 stars becuase I'm very impressed with the presentation and the quality of the attention to detail in the story line. As there is more than one way to approach the game it doesn't feel linear and has some replay value. I have enjoyed it very much and would definately recommend it.

Fruit of the Loom Heavy Cotton T-Shirt - Yellow Medium
Fruit of the Loom Heavy Cotton T-Shirt - Yellow Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 23 July 2011
I bought a few of these T-Shirts. They are excellent quality for such a cheap item. It is fairly heavy duty and as they are pre-shrunk they haven't be affected in the wash. I bought these just for everyday usage and when they get tatty I'll keep them for indoor wear. Good value for my money.

Fruit of the Loom Heavy Cotton T-Shirt - Orange Medium
Fruit of the Loom Heavy Cotton T-Shirt - Orange Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars A good T-shirt, 23 July 2011

Pocket Size Keyring Flat Bottle Opener
Pocket Size Keyring Flat Bottle Opener
Offered by TangSusan

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered., 23 July 2011
I ordered the keyring in the picture because it would be useful for when I'm out. What I received is a totally different keyring, nothing like the picture and it is not flat. It has a hole to put it on a keyring but it is much too big and ugly to be kept in your pocket on a keyring and the underside of it digs into your fingers when you use it. It's a small cheap item but it is misrepresentation and I'm not pleased to be honest.

BlackBerry 9700/8900 Leather Pocket - Black
BlackBerry 9700/8900 Leather Pocket - Black
Offered by Invero

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok., 20 July 2011
I'm not usually a person that bothers to buy extras for my phone but as this was at a reduced price I thought I'd buy it as I tend to throw my phone into my bag and wanted to protect it from dust as well as scratches. This pouch holds the phone securely with only enough of the top poking out for you to be able to take it out.

It's a fairly decent bit of leather but it actually looks slightly blue and not black as advertised. The phone slides in easily enough but make sure you've locked the keypad as it the logo does tend to turn it on.

You do obviously have to remove it from the pouch to use it and if you are a person that carries your phone around in your pocket then you might find it slightly bulky, about the thickness of a wallet, but all in all I'm pleased with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14