ARRAY(0xae9f11ec)

Profile for Mr Shh. > Reviews

Content by Mr Shh.

Mr Shh. "What you did there...I see it." (London. UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Wenko Fassano Soap Dispenser
Wenko Fassano Soap Dispenser
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice but pricey., 26 July 2012
I wanted a dispenser for my bathroom that would look a bit more classy than having the whatever brand hand-soap container that you purchased on the sink. This is nice because I filled it with soap that matches my bathroom. I think it's a bit pricey considering that it's not made of glass but hopefully I'll get some year's use out of it.

Character World Peppa Pig Polka Dot Fleece Blanket
Character World Peppa Pig Polka Dot Fleece Blanket

2.0 out of 5 stars It's the wrong blanket., 24 Feb 2012
I thought I was ordering the blanket with the large Peppa Pig picture in the middle as shown on the advertisement picture but I received one with lots of little pink Peppa Pigs on which doesn't look as nice. I decided to keep it as it was reduced to 5.00 at the time of purchase and it seems quite a warm blanket for my daughter to snuggle under on cold days.

Not bad for the price but I like to receive the exact item that I have ordered.

Hi-Teknology Volume 3
Hi-Teknology Volume 3
Price: 20.09

2.0 out of 5 stars One paced and boring., 12 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hi-Teknology Volume 3 (Audio CD)
Hi-Tek is one of those producers that has never done a whole album of top quality material like Pete Rock did with Soul Survivor or Dr Dre with 2001 but he usually has enough quality beats on one of his albums to make it worth buying.

Unfortunatly with Hi-Teknology Volume 3 it seems like he has got the producers equivalent of writers block. It starts off badly with the song 'Life to me' featuring Estelle and merely chugs along from there. 'Life to me' has a very sparse beat and the entire song feels like two and a half minutes of intro. For the first verse I was waiting for some drums to actually kick in or have some kind of crescendo or something, anything, to break up the monotony of the beat and the dull singing.

Following that, every single beat just feels uninspired and even the guest rappers have some corny 'played out' lyrics in places. The whole album feel like filler tracks and you skip through it expecting to suddenly hear that one banging gem that you just have to listen to again and again but it just isn't there.

Unfortunately I'm unlikely to listen to this again.

A very weak effort overall.

12 Pairs Mens Thermal Socks / Size 6 - 11
12 Pairs Mens Thermal Socks / Size 6 - 11
Offered by Don4life
Price: 5.84

4.0 out of 5 stars For big feet only., 24 Dec 2011
I bought a pack of these thermal socks because there are 12 pairs for a good price and I need socks because someone in my house, who I won't name, keeps stealing my socks. Grrr...

The quality is reasonable for the price and they keep my feet warm but they surely could not fit a person with feet under a size 10 because they are enormous straight out of the pack. Usually socks in this size range fit smaller feet but stretch for larger feet. If you are size 6 or 7 the heel would probably be up by you achilles tendon.

So I recommend these for size 9 feet or over.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 8:32 AM GMT

Transformers 1-3 Box Set [Blu-ray] [2011]
Transformers 1-3 Box Set [Blu-ray] [2011]
Dvd ~ Shia LaBeouf
Price: 24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent value set., 24 Dec 2011
I'm sure you all know what Transformers is about but if not it's about two factions of sentient robots that arrive on Earth searching for a lost artifact. The good guys are the Autobots led by Optimus Prime and the bad guys are the Decepticons led by Megatron. They disguise themselves as various vehicles and electronic household devices and can transform quickly into giant robots with devastating weaponry, more powerful than any of the conventional weapons of Earths military armies. The search for the artifact soon involves a high school student named Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf)and a map to the artifact which is imprinted on an old pair of glasses that belonged to his great grandfather. The Autobots try to protect him from the Decepticons and to prevent them from destroying the planet and plenty of action, comedy and car chases ensues.

This boxed set contains the three films in their own standard Blu-ray boxes encased in a cardboard sleeve so it is basic packaging but adequate. Each box contains only the one disc so if you buy this you do so purely to own the movies. Don't expect a feast of extras because there aren't any. The first two films each have a commentary but Dark of the Moon has nothing at all. They obviously compiled this set in a hurry for the Christmas season.

The audio and visuals on all three films are excellent. The picture in particular is fantastic with nice colour tone and detail.

Also, as you would expect for modern sci-fi films the CGI if really good and when the robots transform it is very convincing. We are lucky that we live in an age where these sort of films can be brought to the big screen.

Overall, whether or not you like these films is your personal opinion. I like all three although I know many were disappointed with Revenge of the Fallen in particular. I was not a particular fan of Transformers as a child so I don't watch it with the baggage of a fan-boy so I enjoy all three as I think there is some good humour mixed in with the action and they are fun overall for adults and teenagers.

Overall, I give this set four stars as I knocked off a star because of the paucity of extras.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2014 3:25 PM GMT

Panasonic RP-WF950EB-S Wireless Headphone with Surround sound- Silver
Panasonic RP-WF950EB-S Wireless Headphone with Surround sound- Silver
Price: 68.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent headphones, 28 Oct 2011
I regularly get up from my PC, forget I'm wearing headphones and step on the headphone wire which rips them off my head. Being fed up with my own forgetfulness I decided to purchase a pair of wireless headphones. I use my current headphones for gaming, listening to music, podcasts watching movies so I had to weigh up sound quality against cost. These Panasonic headphones were reasonably priced and seemed like a safe buy after reading the other reviews.

After using them for a couple of weeks I have to say that I'm very pleased with them. The sound quality is good and they are fairly comfortable to wear for a couple of hours at a time. The battery life seems ok but I do always put them back on the charger base when I'm not using them. The base holds them very well and it is easy to return the headphones to it without having to jiggle them to get the charging point back into the slot.

The reason I give them four stars and not five is because the power cable is so short. I have one of those computer desks with the keyboard draw that slides out and as the desk is small and cluttered I wanted to put the headphone base unit in the middle of the top shelf between the speakers but with the cable being only one metre long it is balanced precariously right on the corner of the top shelf. The cord really needs to be 1.5 to 2 metres long.

Other than that they seem like a good buy so far.

Blokus (Classic)
Blokus (Classic)
Offered by Perks
Price: 30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Causes arguments, therefore it's a good board game., 23 Oct 2011
This review is from: Blokus (Classic) (Toy)
I have been playing this with my family. The fact that my wife gets annoyed when she's losing and we all point at her and sing "let's all wind her up, let's all wind her up, let's all wind her, let's all wind her, let's all wind her up" like a football chant means that it's a good board game.

What more can I say?

There's a God on the Mic: The True 50 Greatest MCs
There's a God on the Mic: The True 50 Greatest MCs
by (Musician) Kool Moe Dee

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book for old skool hip hop afficionadoes., 15 Oct 2011
I grew up listening to Hip Hop from 1983 through what I consider the golden age of Hip Hop, 1988 to 1996 so to have the opportunity to read a book of this nature written by a real old school legend such as Kool Moe Dee was a great find for me.

He clearly defines how he breaks down the different elements of emceeing and gives points for each category. This is a fair way to do this sort of ranking and even though you'll disagree with some his opinions and sit there thinking that Moe Dee's opinions differ from yours so much that he needs to go see the Doctor (I had to get that in there somewhere), it's an enjoyable read and trip down memory lane. As it's broken down about a scientifically as such a subjective topic can be because, at the end of the day it's just one man's opinion it makes it a worthwhile read for fans of hip hop.

As this book was published about 2003 it would be nice if Kool Moe Dee considered doing an updated version in a few years time.

Smart Cash Register with Chip & Pin
Smart Cash Register with Chip & Pin

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun for the little ones., 15 Oct 2011
I had already bought one of those toy food package sets and toy money for my young daughter so decided to buy this cash register so she could play 'shop' properly. She really likes it. She makes me do the shopping and shifts each item along the slide conveyor belt and then we haggle over the price and I ask to speak to the manager (her Mum).

It's great fun because you can make up all sorts of silly games. The chip and pin machine is a good addition and the cash register comes with batteries included.

When she's a bit older she can learn adding and subtracting so hopefully she'll get a few years use out of this. I would recommend this toy.

Judge Sabatier 9cm/3.5" Paring Knife
Judge Sabatier 9cm/3.5" Paring Knife
Offered by ACE KITCHEN ESSENTIALS
Price: 5.34

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality product., 14 Oct 2011
I bought two of these to replace some cheap knives that I had bought previously from the supermarket.

The cheap knives had fat blades (a couple of mm)that tended to pry apart vegetables such as carrots as you sliced them and also got blunt really quickly. These Sabatier knives feel well balanced and have nice sharp slim blade that can slice finely if required. The blade seems to stay sharp for quite a while.

I would definately recommend spending a little more to buy a few of these instead of a block of cheap knives as it is false economy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12