Profile for Mr Shh. > Reviews

Content by Mr Shh.

Mr Shh. "What you did there...I see it." (London. UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
All Ride Easy Park Clip On Rear View Mirror
All Ride Easy Park Clip On Rear View Mirror

1.0 out of 5 stars A total waste of money., 21 Nov 2010
This rear view mirror does nothing. I needed a mirror to aid my parallel parking as the boot of my car is quite high and it is hard to judge how much space I have behind the car and I tend to leave a big gap.

I bought this mirror but it is totally useless. All you can see through it is a vague blur and I am not going to entrust my car to this piece of worthless junk.

Oh yes, it is also not a 'clip on' mirror. It sticks to the glass and leaves glue residue when you pull it off the glass in a fit of rage.

Do not buy this!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had hoped for., 30 Sep 2010
Too chunky and as it is made out of that type of cheap clear brittle plastic this means that the clips that hold it together are brittle and broke off with little to no pressure. I would recommend that you look for something else if you desperately need a case for your phone.

I don't think I'll bother with anymore cases for my current phone though because it's as I was walking home that I decided that this case was too chunky and was annoying me so I took the case off and dropped my phone on the concrete. It's now nicely chipped around the casing so the necessity for a cover is now moot.

Rexel Matador Half Strip Stapler 50mm Throat Depth Black/Silver (25 Sheet Capacity)
Price: 11.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality stapler., 30 Sep 2010
My last stapler broke so I ordered one of these because I had used one previously at work. It's very weighty and robust for such a small stapler and I've so far stapled 15 sheets of 80 gsm with no problem.

Genuine Nokia 5800 Stylus SU-35
Genuine Nokia 5800 Stylus SU-35
Offered by LEADS U NEED
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described., 30 Sep 2010
I lost my stylus, ordered these as a replacement and then found my original stylus on the day these were delivered. D'oh!

There were three in the pack and they were exactly the same as the official stylus I had mislaid. I expect they will outlast the phone which seems to have it's own issues but that's another story.

Powerball Neon Pro - Blue
Powerball Neon Pro - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun in limited doses., 30 Sep 2010
This review is from: Powerball Neon Pro (Sports)
I bought one of these just out of curiosity really. When it arrived the rev counter would not seem to work so I returned it to Amazon (who were very efficient by the way) and received a replacement within a few days. The rev counter now works but does not seem to remember my highest score.

Anyway, other than that it works as described and does work the muscles in your arms once you get the hang of getting the rotation started. It's fun in short doses and to get any benefit from it you would need to use it on a regular basis.

Sharpe Classic Collection [DVD]
Sharpe Classic Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean
Price: 20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable TV series, 30 Sep 2010
I've watched episodes of Sharpe on and off over the years and have just started reading the books, which I enjoy, so I thought I'd stump up the cash for this series on DVD. It's enjoyable TV, the costumes and period settings are done well and the stories are interesting. It is a bit bloodless during the fight scenes, which is understandable as it's a mainstream TV series. Sean Bean makes a good Richard Sharpe and I'd recommend this series if you enjoy period drama and adventure.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product., 24 Sep 2010
I have just received my kindle from Amazon which arrived well packaged in a nice box. I won't post a great long review listing all the features as they have been described so well by other reviewers and on the product information page. I will, however, give a little detail about my experience of using the kindle so far.

Prior to receiving the kindle I had downloaded a selection of books to my PC using kindle for PC. As the kindle is set up for use straight from the box I linked it to my network, plugged the kindle into my PC using the USB lead (although it does have wi-fi capability) and the 37 books downloaded to my kindle in little more than a minute or so.

I have good eyesight so the second smallest font is fine for me and I find reading and turning the pages is very natural and the split second page refresh does not bother me in the slightest. I have used the kindle during lunchtime at work and also in bed at night and have found it nothing less than an excellent experience.

As I have my kindle in the case with the light it does weight slightly more than a standard book and if you are holding it in one hand at a 45 degree angle you may notice the weight after a while. It was not enough to bother me but if you have arthritis or and other physical issue you may want to rest it on a cushion on your lap or something.

All in all I find the kindle is money well spent and I have downloaded quite a few of the free books from the kindle store, books that would have cost over 100 to buy in a shop. Also, several of the kindle books that I will need to pay for are cheaper than their paper counterparts so I'll soon be making a saving in real terms.

Everyone I've shown it to has been impressed and some of them have also decided to buy one since seeing mine. I give a big thumbs up to Amazon for releasing such a great book reader.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Cover, Burgundy Red (only fits Kindle Keyboard)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice product., 24 Sep 2010
I thought this cover was quite pricey at 49.99 but I needed the protection that this cover offers for the kindle plus the light for reading in bed so I decided to bite the bullet and bought one.

The cover itself is not quite as bright red as it appears in the stock photo and it is nicer for it. The build quality of the case is very good, the leather is good quality and it's nice and sturdy and the clips hold the kindle firmly in place and the case can fold back on itself to be held with one hand.

The light is excellent for night time reading. As other reviewers have mentioned it does illuminate the top of the screen more than the bottom due to it's positioning but this effect is negligable and does not bother me in the slightest.

One thing to note about using the light however, if you sleep on the right side of the bed and have folded the cover back to hold in one hand you might find that your wife/husband/partner will complain that the light is like a floodlight glaring into their eyes whilst they try to get to sleep *ahem*. This is easily solved, however, by holding the cover so the left hand side blocks the light from their eyes. :)

Overall I'm very pleased with it and as I'm intending to get years of use out of it and the kindle I consider it money well spent.

UPDATE, Nov 2010: I have now managed to clumsily drop my Kindle twice and both times this cover has prevented any damage to the Kindle. The top edge of the cover got slightly dented but it has done it's job and I continue to be satisfied with this cover.

Derwent Battery Operated Sharpener
Derwent Battery Operated Sharpener
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sharpener., 13 Sep 2010
My children do lots of colouring in and I get blisters sharpening all their pencils. This sharpener solved that problem. It's quick and can sharpen pencils of different widths. Don't try and sharpen a very short pencil though or it grabs it and you'll have a hard time pulling it out. :)

I've only had it a short while so I can't comment on how long you can expect it to last but at the moment I'm very pleased with it.

Bush LCD32TV016HD Replacement Remote Control
Bush LCD32TV016HD Replacement Remote Control
Offered by Remotes Replaced
Price: 7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Far to many buttons., 10 Sep 2010
I bought this remote to replace the one that came with my 32" Bush TV as the offical one reached the point that you needed the thumb strength of the Hulk to make the volume button work.

This remote control works fine but has 17 rows of 4 little buttons, all of which are the same size. I find this really annoying because when you have the light off whilst watching TV you normally get used to where the buttons are that you use most are as most remote controls have a central hub of direction buttons with the 'OK' button in the middle.

As all the multitude of buttons on this remote are exactly the same you need the light on in order to see which one you want to press.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13