Profile for Mr Shh. > Reviews

Content by Mr Shh.

Mr Shh. "What you did there...I see it." (London. UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Newtons Cradle
Newtons Cradle
Offered by Sunny Market

1.0 out of 5 stars A total waste of money., 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Newtons Cradle (Toy)
The one I received is not the one shown in the picture. The picture shows a wire connecting each ball but the one I received is a flimsy and thin piece of plastic which got tangled within minutes. Do not buy this.

Gillette Blue II Disposable Razors 20 pack
Gillette Blue II Disposable Razors 20 pack
Offered by BrandedBeauty

2.0 out of 5 stars Go very, very slowly., 11 Aug. 2014
Never use these to shave your testicles. That is all.

GameCube Controller (White)
GameCube Controller (White)
Offered by konsolenkost

5.0 out of 5 stars Used with a Nintendo Wii., 1 July 2014
My son plays some of the old Nintendo Gamecube games via the Wii console and his old controller stopped responding so I replaced it with this. He's used it for a few weeks now and it works fine so no complaints from me.

The quality of the controller seems quite good although I've never had an official Gamecube controller to compare it too.

Replacement battery for Sony Dualshock 3, Wireless Controller, CECHZC2E
Replacement battery for Sony Dualshock 3, Wireless Controller, CECHZC2E
Offered by UK Battery

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked for about a week., 1 July 2014
My son uses his PS3 regularly. He's had his controllers for several years but one stopped charging so rather than spend £30+ on a new controller I bought this replacement battery. I'd never opened a controller before but after much fumbling and gnashing of teeth I managed to install the battery and it seemed to charge ok and he could use it again.

About a week later it stopped charging but I just could not face opening the controller again so I've just bought a new one instead and I wish I hadn't wasted a few extra pounds on this battery.

Sand Egg Timer - 3 minute Timer
Sand Egg Timer - 3 minute Timer
Offered by Direct-dental

4.0 out of 5 stars The sands of time., 1 July 2014
I found my old game of Boggle recently but the timer was missing. It's a 3 minute word game so I ordered that replacement so that we could play. I timed it with my stopwatch out of curiosity and it took 3 minutes 10 seconds for the sand to clear which is good enough for this time of cheap timer. I didn't expect atomic clock accuracy so it does the job I bought it for.

Metaltex 568530011 Chopping Board 30 cm x 20 cm Glass
Metaltex 568530011 Chopping Board 30 cm x 20 cm Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality board., 1 July 2014
Not a lot to say about this as it's just a glass chopping board but the weight and quality of it is good. It is a clear glass board so you won't get coloured sticky backing film that starts to wear on the edges after a while. I have a large chopping board already but I like this size for if I just want to make a sandwich or cut an onion and don't need the large one and it's easier to get into the sink to wash afterwards.

Also, being glass you don't get grooves made by the blade which happen to wooden chopping boards. This is more hygenic as bacteria are harboured in the grooves on wooden boards. Also the glass doesn't blunt the blades too quickly although obviously regular sharpening helps if you cut lots of veg.

TDK T78301 25GB 4x Recordable BD-R - Cakebox 25 Pack
TDK T78301 25GB 4x Recordable BD-R - Cakebox 25 Pack
Offered by Blank-Discs-Com SuperSaver

1.0 out of 5 stars You'll have a large set of matching coasters if you buy these., 14 Jan. 2014
These discs are very hit and miss. The first pack I bought were ok. When I bought a second pack every single one failed to the point where I thought it must be my software or Blu-Ray drive and I spent ages updating drivers and going on troubleshooting forums. However, as I was still able to burn CDs and DVDs I eventually established that it was the discs and not my hardware or software. I opened a 3rd pack that I had bought and they were working again until about halfway through.

So to summarise my experience:

Pack 1 - All ok
Pack 2 - All coasters
Pack 3 - 25% coasters

These discs seem so unreliable that I've now moved on to an alternative disc.

What did annoy me also was that when I went to Amazon's return centre it wanted me to return the faulty items but I couldn't as I'd been throwing them away as I went along.

If you are considering buying these discs then I can only advise you to try something else.

Geneva Platinum Women's 6886.WHT White Silicone Quartz Watch with White Dial
Geneva Platinum Women's 6886.WHT White Silicone Quartz Watch with White Dial
Offered by QBD Watches

2.0 out of 5 stars Definately not a £49.95 watch, 5 Dec. 2013
At the time of writing this review I had bought this watch for £5.75 apparently reduced from £49.95. There is no way that this watch is almost a £50 watch. I am buying this watch for a secret Santa present for a female friend and the limit is £10. I thought I was getting a good bargain for a gift as I could also buy something extra for her with the change but this watch arrived in a bubble wrap sleeve, if it really was a £50 watch then surely it would have had some sort of box which would have been nicer for wrapping?

The watch is light and the finish is what you would expect of a watch of the price range of up to £15 maximum but there is a little nick in the metal on the underside which caught the skin on my finger as I was examining the watch face. There's no harm done but I will need to use one of my fine files to smooth it out before I give it as a gift.

To summarise, this is a very cheap quality watch which is ok as a fashion watch that will have light use. If you want a watch for wearing everyday or for a occasion of some sort then you really need to spend more to get the quality. From a distance it does look ok but not particularly with a closer inspection.

Baby Toddlers Kids Boys 3-pack STRIPE SUNNY BASEBALL SOCKS SET F (AGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7) - Age 3 to 5
Offered by Colourful Baby World

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good., 4 Nov. 2013
These slipper socks are well made and the rabbits rattle when they walk in them. My one year old liked them but the problem is that the pink PVC that joins the sole to the sock is too soft and won't stay on the heel meaning that the heel ends up under the foot.

They were just impossible to wear and I had to buy an alternative from elsewhere.

Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Offered by Nicholas Kleé Fine Designs

1.0 out of 5 stars Deeply dissappointing, 19 Sept. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I've spent hundreds of hours of my life over the last 10 years playing all of the Total War games plus expansion packs since Medieval Total War. I won't go into a long critique of this game as others have already done so at length. I will say, however, that I don't really care for the pastel coloured world map. It makes everything seem fuzzy and with all the cloud everywhere it is not an improvement over the wonderful map in Shogun II.

I loved using Spartan Hoplites in the first Rome game and so as soon as Rome II was available for pre-order I ordered so as to get the Greek States DLC. I started playing as Sparta and then experienced what is, to me, a game ruining feaure which are the seemingly random capture the flag points on the battle maps. Knossos attacked my army of 1900 with 1600 of their own spearmen and javelins. When the map opened and I was about to strategically place my phalanxes at the top of the big hill at the far edge of the map with my 3 units of javelins before them I realised that there was this capture point placed right in the middle of the flat plain therefore negating any possible use of the hill and limiting me to placing my men by the flag.

When I pressed to start the battle I realised that I was placed at 45 degrees in the wrong direction so when I tried to turn the army they lost all cohesion and I had to slow the game down and micro manage them back into formation. When Knossos attacked they had some cavalry and soon started to capture the flag. My formation was holding it's own but I now had to commit to regaining the flag and had to throw a couple of phalanxes at it which left a large whole in my formation. Their javelin men caused my phalanxes to rout and I lost the battle decisively.

Let me reiterate. I lost a battle on a flat plain because through no fault of my own I had to ruin my own men's formation to regain a random spot with no strategic value in a grass field. Well done Creative Arts, you've ruined your own game and I haven't even mentioned the magic ships yet.

I've now gone back to playing Shogun II and I'm disappointed that I feel I've wasted my £30 on this game. I never usually pre-order games but I thought it would be a sure hit. I never expected in a million years to give a CA Total War game a low score but they've fundamentally ruined a core part of the game.

If this was a different game from a different team then I might enjoy it but it's the latest in a long tradition of previously brilliant Total War games and they've made some ground breakingly poor gameplay choices and spoilt it for many loyal fans.

I'm sorry, but if they don't rectify some of the bad points with patches then I won't be playing it again and I can't sell it either.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13