Profile for jenny > Reviews

Steam Mop Express / Steam Cleaner
Steam Mop Express / Steam Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars X5 steam mop cleaner, 30 May 2012
This review is from: Steam Mop Express / Steam Cleaner
I bought this a couple of months ago after much deliberation. It has certainly been very efficient at cleaning the lino kitchen floor. Today we have been trying it on the windows where the steam certainly gets the grime off. However we have had to supplement with our own squeegee to get rid of a small bit of excess water. Theirs is warped and inefficient - they would do better to forget about that bit (gimmicky) and concentrate on the shape of the base that holds the fibre so you can get into the corners more easily. We've found it to be a two man job for the outside windows - one to hold the steam cleaner body and the other to steam the windows (the extension for the spray bit is too short to leave the whole gadget on the floor.) MY husband says 'it's a bit long winded but seems to clean the windows well' but he feels it's a bit gimmickly. Design needs modifying - longer leads, attachment hoses etc.

I am a bit worried about the handle of the main cleaner as it seems very flimsy. It really needs an extra handle lower down to take the strain off the joint - (maybe built in obsolesence?!) I asked Thane about this before I bought it and was assured by the assistant that it did have an extra handle, as I had read about the flimsyness. It didn't. Also an off switch on the main body of the gadget would be very useful. To avoid wasting water and steam (container small), we kept having to pull out the plug from the extension cable as we were using it outside and the main cord wasn't long enough. My husband remarked that it was very useful, when cleaning windows, not to have 'all that water all over the place!' Make sure if cleaning in the conservatory to move all the pots plants first!! We have had soil everywhere as the length of the handle kept knocking pots over!

All in all it seems to do what it says it does. I haven't tried steaming clothes or curtains yet, nor the nozzle gadget. I'm glad i bought it but it is very expensive. There are cheaper models on the market. Do we need all the extra bits I wonder? I also wonder how long it will last! jenny

Orchard Toys Monster Bingo
Orchard Toys Monster Bingo

5.0 out of 5 stars monster bingo, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Orchard Toys Monster Bingo (Toy)
A great game for youngsters. They love the monster shapes. It sharpens visual perception and I thoroughly recommend it. Delivery was ultra-prompt! JL

Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml
Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars bio oil, 7 Nov. 2011
I have been using bio oil on post op scar tissue and also now use it on my face as well. The scar line is much thinner and less angry looking than another who had an op at the same time. The staple spots have totally disappeared. My face feels smoother. I was dubious at first about the petroleum based mineral oil component but am feeling less worried about that now.

jenny

Chocolate Fix Game
Chocolate Fix Game

5.0 out of 5 stars chocolate fix, 17 July 2010
This review is from: Chocolate Fix Game (Toy)
Excellent and fun game for the older child and adult. As an adult I found many of the tasks challenging and felt really pleased with myself when I had completed them all successfully.