Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Profile for Nads > Reviews

Content by Nads

Nads

The Superfood Diet: Low calorie - full flavour - recipes for life
The Superfood Diet: Low calorie - full flavour - recipes for life
by Gurpareet Bains

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for dieters, foodies & experimenters. It is a super book!, 8 May 2014
Why I like this book:
• I get to choose which plan works best for me and my lifestyle.
• The counting the calories chart which helps me to see in a snapshot just how much fat and calories my food contains
• It’s a great looking book with some really tasty and adventurous recipe’s.
• You really don’t feel like you’re on a diet or being deprived of anything! I mean you get to eat Red Thai Curry, pizza, bagels and cheesecake as well as some really interesting unusual stuff!

Overall I think it’s a refreshing change to the usual diet books and I’m really hopeful that for once, not only will I lose weight but most importantly KEEP it off, mainly down to the fact that It really is full of delicious food, the kind of things that I love to eat but only know how to cook the unhealthy versions of (or the very bland tasting ‘diet’ versions).

I don’t feel like I’m on a diet at all infact I just feel as though I’m cooking from an exciting and creative new book. Too be honest I think this crosses over from a diet book, to a book for people who like to eat healthily to those more adventurous people who just like to try new things.

Cresty Eyebrow Cosmetic with stencils
Cresty Eyebrow Cosmetic with stencils

5.0 out of 5 stars A total must have, 22 Dec. 2011
This really is a great product and I don't now how I lived without it! it covers the fine gaps that other powders don't and it stays on all day giving you a defined look. The stencils are really handy in getting that perfect shape (with or without growing your brows to fit!). Def recommend this product to any woman who uses a brow pencil or powder. It is worth the money!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2012 11:04 AM GMT

Indian Superfood
Indian Superfood
by Gurpareet Bains

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must have, 27 July 2010
This review is from: Indian Superfood (Paperback)
Having tried out a recipe from a newspaper article, I decided to order this book months ago so have waited patiently for its arrival. It arrived a few days ago and I'm honestly delighted, I think its fab. The book is pleasing on the eye (nothing more off putting than an unattractive book), it's sophisticated and has some really colourful and alluring pictures.

Pushing the health benefits to one side (which are a real plus for me), it was the style of cooking that really attracted me to this book. I find the style to be inventive and of a very high standard. Being a British Asian, the recipes in this book are to be proud of and are suitable for taste buds from around the globe. I've got a real diverse group of friend and can't wait to get them over for dinner.

I tested out the mango chicken last night and boy was it good. When I first read that it could challenge Chicken Tikka Masala, I thought `yea right' but I was pleasantly proved wrong, it was delicious.

Would have liked to have seen more pictures (some of them are so tantalising) but I guess that would have made it into a very bulky book.

There are so many things that I am eager to try out and don't know where to start. I thank you for kicking open this culinary door and bringing me into the world of contemporary, innovative fusion cooking, your book truly is wonderful.