Profile for T. Mazur > Reviews

Content by T. Mazur

T. Mazur (UK)

10x25 Black Compact Folding Binoculars with Case, High quality optics, Rubber amoured body. Features High Power Magnification. Special Anti Glare Fully Coated Optics. Lightweight Alloy Body. Ideal for Birdwatching, Concerts, Sport, Hiking, Camping and Travel.
Offered by UKHobbyStore ~ PowerSaveBulbs UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 5 May 2014
This was a surprise. I was expecting an average product (at best), but it actually is brilliant. I've taken these on a recent holiday to a jungle and even the local rangers (who happen to use very pro binoculars) were surprised by these little ones. Highly recommended!

Is It Really Too Much To Ask?: The World According to Clarkson Volume 5
Is It Really Too Much To Ask?: The World According to Clarkson Volume 5
by Jeremy Clarkson

1.0 out of 5 stars Time to retire, 5 May 2014
Over the years I have read most of Clarkson's books. Some have been better than others, but I always found them to be excellent holiday reads. This one was different. It feels like it was written by someone who doesn't really care any more. People read Clarkson because of his different, child-like perspective on the world around us, because of his "hang on a second, this doesn't make sense" approach to life. However, there's just too much of "hey, look at me, I have a farm, the PM is my neighbour and I'm important enough to be invited to big parties and submarine rides" in this one. But worst of all, the book could as well be half as thick without loosing too much content - many of his views or expressions are repeated over and over again in different chapters, which makes the text rather boring. So dear Mr Clarkson (if you read this), you say that retirement is terrible since the only thing you would have to do is to check the fridge every 5 minutes to see if something edible has magically appeared, but, please, do consider making this sacrifice - maybe it's time...

Samsung LE32C530 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 50Hz LCD TV with Freeview (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best 32 inch LCD TV I've seen!, 25 Sep 2010
I am normally too busy to write review. But this time I had to! Before this TV, I ordered the Sony Bravia KDL32V5500U, which costs over £200 more than this one. It chose the Sony as, even though it was expensive for the size, I've always been a HUGE Sony fan (pretty much all electronics I've got is Sony) and it was considered by many to be one of the top 32 inch TVs. Unfortunately, it had a slight fault, so I had to send it back.

Then I ordered this TV and when it arrived, I couldn't believe how much better it was than the Sony unit. First of all the looks: I'm not entirely convinced by the whole "Rose Black" concept, but it actually looks really good. Overall, the TV looks really smart, modern with clean lines. The transparent bit at the bottom makes it looks even more interesting.

Then, the panel itself. Straight out of the box, I loved the colours and the blacks were truly black. There was a really annoying energy saving feature turned on - it dimmed the backlight whenever there was a darker image displayed, but it was easy to turn off. After playing with settings for a while, I was able to get even better result. Truly stunning colours. I was also quite amazed how well the TV displayed not only HD content, but standard definition content too. The Sony TV was great for HD, but the upscaling of SD produced a lot of artefacts. No upscaling problems with this unit, just perfect picture!

Next, sound quality. Overall great experience, although bass is missing a little bit. However, this is due to the physical size of the speakers and it's the same for all other TVs. If you like more bass, it possible to connect external speakers or (even better) a home cinema system. Again, there are a lot of settings for sound, so it was easy to find a mode that I liked (changing the settings has actually a big effect on the sound - not like some other TVs where you change settings and can't tell the difference).

Finally, I love the fact that you can connect external HDD or USB memory stick with films, music or pictures on it. It even loads subtitles!

Overall, I've found this TV to more than meet my feeds. Great build quality (it even has metal back!), elegant looks, outstanding pictures quality, very good sound quality, many additional features. Buy one now - you won't be disappointed.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2012 10:46 PM GMT

Angelina Jolie Collection [DVD]
Angelina Jolie Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonny Lee Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection!, 12 Nov 2008
This is a really great collection. 4 totally different roles. My personal favourite are "Beyond Borders" in terms of Jolie as an actress and "Mr and Mrs Smith" as a whole. I rarely review products here, but this time I was really impressed by this box set - I highly recommend this collection. A true gem!

Sony ICD-MX20 - Digital voice recorder - flash 32 MB
Sony ICD-MX20 - Digital voice recorder - flash 32 MB

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the 1st class, 2 Mar 2006
I've been looking for the best voice recorder for a while and it's not as simple as one my think. There is quite a good range of low and medium quality devices, but I really didn't want to get frustrated when trying to make out what the lecturer said in my recordings. I also wanted it to have expansion slot, so that I could stick a memory card in and record almost unlimited amounts.
This Sony recorder has exceeded all my expectations, thought. It's got excellent quality build - feels very firm and sturdy and it's made of metal, not plastic. It's definitely not going to break in the next couple of years. The voice quality is absolutely fantastic. I've use a lot of other voice recorderes and none of them come close to it. The stereo microphone really makes quite a lot of difference! This voice recorder is the best device that money can buy. It's definitely worth every £ spent.