Profile for M. Mohammad > Reviews

Oxbridge Baby - Fairy Tales [DVD]
Oxbridge Baby - Fairy Tales [DVD]
Dvd ~ Francesca Lebens

3.0 out of 5 stars good idea but ...., 1 Jan. 2009
I would have given this product 5 stars but i was a little upset by a couple of things i watched... if someone can explain to me if i am mistaken by my upsetness i would be more than happy to listen.

Jack and the beanstalk story... i wasn't impressed that jack went to the giant's house the 3rd time out of greed, (he already stole a hen that laid golden eggs, so why go again)? anyway, he stole the 3rd time and the giant ran after him and when jack saw the giant coming down the stalk he asked his mom to help him bring an axe ... i wan't impressed that the giant fell down from the tree and onto the ground to DIE just like that...! I couldn't understand what the moral of the story was.... go steal several times from a stranger and if they catch you, KILL THEM?!> please explain what a child should understand from this!

the second story was the 3 little piggies... i don't think its right to teach children its ok to kill? i mean, the pigs lured the wolf into the chimney in order he falls into a boiling couldren to die?! why is the issue of killing animals or humans recurring in this video!? maybe the could have placed a net or a trap or anything else !?
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2012 8:48 PM GMT

Sleeping Like A Baby: Simple Sleep Solutions for Infants and Toddlers
Sleeping Like A Baby: Simple Sleep Solutions for Infants and Toddlers
by Pinky McKay

5.0 out of 5 stars Pinky Mckay, T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! !, 16 Sept. 2008
I seriously want to thank the lady who wrote this book PERSONALLY! I am going to definately email her soon when I can think of how to express my gratitude to her in words. After having read over 8 baby books on sleeping including gina ford's sleeping book, elizabeth pantely no cry sleep solution, millipond sleep book, goodnight sleep tight by west kim and i can't remember what else...THIS IS the only book that made me feel NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL and that what i was doing was NOT wrong and that it was ok to co sleep and for a baby TO WANT TO feel you close and snuggle up to you and that it was normal for a breastfed baby to want to wake up and suckle on your nipple... IT ALL FELT NATURAL to me but it seems all the books i've come across make you feel like this is wrong and un natural.. i was almost going to pay 300 pounds to join millipond clinic consultation because MY BABY would NOT fit into THE SCHEDULE and WOULD Wake up 6 to 7 times in tthe night when i put him in his cot ALONE... and i was IN TEARS!! then i came across this book.. ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU! thank you for telling me what i felt and was doing was normal is ACTUALLY normal and OK! And healthy too! and thank you for putting a smile back on my face again...

If you believe that a baby should sleep ALONE in his COT at such a young and tender age then this book is not for you. If you believe that babies need touch, closeness and love in order to grow and want someone to tell you that being close to a baby is AMAZING then please read this. She doesn't only talk about co sleeping but it is a book for those who are against the CRY IT OUT method.

Cardiovascular Examination [DVD]
Cardiovascular Examination [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andreas Syrimis

2.0 out of 5 stars not for postgraduate, 25 Aug. 2008
This review is for the CARDIOVASCULAR DVD in the series.

I was not sure what to expect when i bought this dvd, I was told it was for a general range of audience. It does through the whole cardiovascular examination on a normal subject, and you get to hear 4 audio clips on each of the 4 common mumurs. I would only advise those who are attempting to do the MRCP POST GRADUATE PACES exam, if you are looking for something in more detail showing you more clinical abnormal signs like malar flush, corrigans etc etc this DVD is not for you unless you want to brush up on your clinical skills. I wish I had this DVD as a medical student because it really is excellent in revising your clinical examination, good to build on.

Please note this is not a GENERAL REVIEW on the DVD series..this is on the CARDIOVASCULAR DVD only.

Baby Touch Picture Book
Baby Touch Picture Book

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful!, 4 Aug. 2008
this is simply a very entertaining and beautiful book for babies and adults for that matter. Very lovely colors to look at. many different shapes and colours... interesting textures to touch too..! Sturdy.. well made... well bound.. nice big size... lovely. Just go ahead and buy it!

Baby Touch: Colours
Baby Touch: Colours

5.0 out of 5 stars good first book on the subject of colors, 1 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Baby Touch: Colours (Board book)
I think this is a great first for your child on the subject of colors.. It contains the 4 essential colors, blue, red, yellow and green, each color has its own 2 pages with 2 different illustrations representing the colour, you also can learn the animal names from it too! added bonus. Do add this book to your collection.

Baby Touch: Car
Baby Touch: Car

5.0 out of 5 stars another great title from usborne!, 1 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Baby Touch: Car (Board book)
I have become a real fan of usborne baby touch books, they are all great! the drawings are cute, the colors and BOLD AND eye catching... they do engage my 5 month old son's attention! The book Car contains all the types of vehicles you may encounter, sweetly illustrated, and each vehicle has a place you can 'touch'...

Fish (Usborne Cloth Books)
Fish (Usborne Cloth Books)
by Fiona Watt
Edition: Rag Book

5.0 out of 5 stars really cute!, 1 Aug. 2008
Very nice big, clear illustrations with a simple cute story line. I love the hidden pearl at the end with the rattle sound... my son is 5 months and he is already trying to open the pages apart...and rattling away...

Mamas & Papas - Acqua Bambino Bath Support - Pearl White
Mamas & Papas - Acqua Bambino Bath Support - Pearl White
Offered by Mamas & Papas

5.0 out of 5 stars Your hands do become free, for real!!, 27 Mar. 2008
I had intitially bought one of those foam float bath items but was quickly disappointed as i had to keep holding my baby's head and he would keep wriggling about and there was no chance i could bathe him without someone helping me as quickly both my hands would become occupied having to also keep readjusting his body on the float which soon put a strain on my shoulders and i end up doing none of the bathing or the fun!

However, as soon as i placed my baby on the mamas and papas acqua bath support I COULDN'T believe that BOTH my hands were free! It really does work!

The support is made of beautiful clean finish plastic which has a green non slip surface on top in the shape of a teddy bear (it really looks so cute) and the surface is really non slip, the design is formed so when you put the baby in it, it's like he is sitting/lying in a relaxed 45 degree angle position so there is no fidgeting or wriggling about.

I initially used it on my 3 week old baby and i placed it in the wash basin (my wash basin is quite big) but it also fits into my 'mothercare' bath tub. His head is quite high up so there is no chance of worrying that water will be close to his face and i felt very confident bathing him and both my hands were free and i easily could wash his hair without having to hold his body and so on.

I enjoyed this product and would recommend it. It also has suction pads at the bottom so you can also secure it in your own bathtub but i have not tried that yet. Go ahead and buy it!

Mapping the Sky: The Essential Guide to Astronomy
Mapping the Sky: The Essential Guide to Astronomy
by Leila Haddad

4.0 out of 5 stars best introductory guide ever!, 21 Nov. 2003
I've always wanted a book that was not TOO BIG AND HEAVY to digest and yet not a pocket book that was so boring to read and only acted as a reference to just dusy away on your bookshelf! This book IS JUST THE ANSWER! It bridges BORING REFERENCE BOOKS with ENTERTAINING TO READ! It has got the right amount of pictures and right amount of writing which makes each page pleasant to the eye and it divides the topics up appropriately with interesting 'archived' pictures of past literature written on the topic.
The book is divided into 2 parts. Part one includes the Celestial Sphere, guides to the sky (the constellations, the route of the sun), mapping the universe, time, the calender, the planets, celestial mechanics. Part two includes observation with the naked eye, first steps to observation, tools of astronomy explaining how you may look at the sky, the solar system, deep space and astrophotography.
It also includes a cute little star wheel which i have not learned how to use yet
The book is a MUST buy for anyone who has any interest in knowing anything about the sky, what is up there....THIS is the place to start.
I rated the book 4 out of 5 simply because I wish I did not have to buy anything else to go into more depth detail about certain things. There is so much you learn in that, that you are hungry for more. Buy it.