Profile for Eric Pode > Reviews

S.M.J. 13 Amp 3 Terminal Line Connector
S.M.J. 13 Amp 3 Terminal Line Connector
Offered by ANDYPACK WHOLESALE LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cable connector, 9 Mar. 2014
5 stars apparently means "I love it", but it's just a good cable connector. My friends and family are deeply unimpresed by my new found love, so from now on its just between you and me.

Roberts Radio Classic R9954 3-Band Portable Radio
Roberts Radio Classic R9954 3-Band Portable Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic!, 16 Dec. 2013
Bought this for my step-daughter as battery life is crucial (DAB still not quite there) and she mostly needs it as a kitchen radio for the local FM station.
Cracking little set, good full sound, plenty of volume, and the station reminders are a bonus.
Sensitivity on all wavebands above average.
Recommended.
p.s. I have 50+ radios, including Hacker, Pure, and Roberts so I should know a good radio when I see one!

Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 34/34GC
Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 34/34GC

5.0 out of 5 stars The Genuine Article!, 3 May 2013
As this was the cheapest available at the time, I thought it would be a copy. I was wrong, complete with replacement bolt, washer, and bearing shield, in the Bosch packaging, this is the genuine article.
Well done Amazon, I've saved £££s.
The mower says thanks as well.

Roberts DAB / FM Digital Solar Radio - Green
Roberts DAB / FM Digital Solar Radio - Green

4.0 out of 5 stars A versatile package!, 14 April 2013
This is an ideal all-round radio, for garden/home/shed/picnics etc. It is a no-frills set, with the usual DAB/FM functionality and presets. Sound quality is adequate for the purpose but most people will be pleased by the results.
We have very good DAB reception, and this is our 9th DAB set (2x Sony, 2x Pure, 3x Roberts, an ASDA, and a Ferguson) as well as 50+ analogue sets. The plus point on this is the way it is powered. You CAN use 4x AA alkalines, and power consumption is good (better than earlier DAB sets), flick a switch and charge the Ni-MH cells (good quality GP supplied with the set) from either the mains adaptor supplied or on a sunny window sill. There is a useful charging light but no battery power indicator.
We tend to use these solar DABs (we have two - his'n'hers) more than the others, which must be a good sign.
Recommended. (p.s. good price & delivery from Amazon too)

Replacement power supply for 5V PURE KSAA0550100W1UK PSU part
Replacement power supply for 5V PURE KSAA0550100W1UK PSU part
Offered by Digidave

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably a good item....if only!, 3 May 2012
When I ordered this I specified it must be 5.5V (as the original) and requested it was definately a KSAA0550100W1UK replacement for use with my Pure Siesta.
When the item arrived, it was 5V (it does make a difference to the display contrast) and the connector was wrong - too small.
Digidave took this on board and supplied an adaptor, unfortunately too large after I had supplied the dimensions (twice).
Digidave offered a refund but it would have cost almost as much to return it. I have now kept it and it has gone in my spares box.
Ten out of Ten for effort and Cusomer Service, Digidave, but though it was a low cost item you should have supplied something fit for purpose.
I think Pure are not blameless in this as they are famously reticent about technical information.

Bosch Rotak 34 Ergoflex Electric Rotary Lawnmower (34 cm Cutting Width) (Old Version) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars First impressions - so far so good!, 5 July 2011
I've read the reviews on here so I knew what to expect. The handle screws do take a big screwdriver and engineer's forearm to get them to self tap, no problem though.
The grassbox was a doddle, 30 seconds max to assemble.
This is the first rotary mower I've owned, previous being hover mowers (last one Flymo 13 years), and cylinder mowers (electric and push).
The height adjustment is brilliant, 10 steps 7cm to 2cm and one lever. Now I can have one height for the back lawn and shorter for the front lawn without spanners or shims. Less messy and cuts shorter than a Flymo and cuts the ryegrass and picks up debris better than a cylinder.
Hold out for the Ergoflex because the cable has a plug-and-socket (Flymo compatable) for easy replacement if it gets run over.

Good first impression, watch this space!

The Underfall Yard
The Underfall Yard
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to the world of Big Big Train, 16 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Underfall Yard (Audio CD)
The Underfall Yard is simply brilliant.
The best of '70's progressive with a modern twist, evocative lyrics and a case that really adds to the package.
The title track has gone straight to my favourites list, very accessible and worth 20 minutes of anyones time.
Hats off to Greg Spawton and the band.
Go and buy this album!!!

Gamexpert Controller Bundle (PS2)
Gamexpert Controller Bundle (PS2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Gamexpert Controller Bundle, 16 Feb. 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I've tried video remotes for my PS2 before, but this one really works.
Controller not bad either. All at a bargain price and quick delivery.