Profile for Miss Carol A Holmes > Reviews

Content by Miss Carol A H...

Miss Carol A Holmes (Bury)

Page: 1 | 2
Spyrox Elegant Design Premium PU Leather Wallet Flip with 3 credit / bank card Slot-Box with Skin Cover LCD Screen Protector and Polishing Cloth for Sony Xperia Compact Z3
Offered by i-Tronixs

4.0 out of 5 stars useful, 20 Jan. 2015
Only used this for a short while as acquired one of the charger stands. Reasonably god quality, nice colour and can keep your bank cards in the wallet section.

'DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE BAR' (M) Neoprene Case for SONY XPERIA Z3 COMPACT - Shock and Water Resistant Rubber Pouch Cover Protector - Fast Ship - UK
Offered by Biz-E-Bee

5.0 out of 5 stars nice handy phone pouch, 20 Jan. 2015
Perfect size for a Z3 compact, nice design and means I can have my phone in my bag or pocket without worrying about scratches.

The Girl With All The Gifts
The Girl With All The Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read this year, 10 Nov. 2014
Outstanding novel.

Well written, original, great story.

Wallbanger (The Cocktail Series Book 1)
Wallbanger (The Cocktail Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Neither funny nor sexy, 27 Oct. 2013
I like a bit of chick-lit, sometimes I just want to wallow in a little romance with a side helping of fun. Sophie Kinsella? can't put a foot wrong in my opinion and having read some very favourable reviews of this I thought I'd give it a whirl - BIG mistake. I'm convinced I've been reading something else because this is one of the worst books I've ever put myself through reading.

Not sure what irritated me most - loud miaow sex or referring to orgasms in the third person,

Beyond the Dark (The Dark Trilogy Book 3)
Beyond the Dark (The Dark Trilogy Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing original here, 13 Oct. 2013
I've read an awful lot of zombie fiction, I've also read a lot of awful zombie fiction.

This isn't one of the awful ones, but it isn't that good either. Having read the first two in the series I'd enjoyed them, standard post zombie virus fare; evade being eaten, scavenge for supplies, get invaded by hoards of the undead - all in a day's work for Jeff & co. There were one or two little things that galled, but I possibly get too caught up in the details... but I don't like my zombies to be sentient beings, they 'felt' far too much for my liking.

SPOILERS AHEAD

***
For the most part, the story consisted of crashing their vehicle and half of them getting eaten, though the writing itself is good, there is very little actual story content here and I got bored of the kids getting mauled before there was any shock value.

Poor end to a decent series.

ETA: I was a few pages from the end when I wrote the above. I've finished it and hated the ending, made the whole read utterly futile. And not in an ironic way.

bybulldog® Periodic Table of the Elements Science Mens Geeky Nerdy Premium Heavyweight T-Shirt Black Medium
Offered by bybulldog

5.0 out of 5 stars Still looking good, 5 April 2013
Bought this for my teenage son, who is studying A-level chemistry. He's worn it constantly since Christmas, it's been washed many many times and has stayed looking good (washed inside out and ironed same).

Good quality fabric. Caught him checking it out when doing his homework the other night so has dual purpose - what more could you want from a t-shirt?!

Zombies: The Recent Dead
Zombies: The Recent Dead
Offered by Audible Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss, 5 April 2013
I like zombies. I don't like all zombies, prefer them slow, non-sentient and relentless. Not terribly keen on short stories.

This is a compendium of various imaginings of the zombie myth, all quite different. Not all are great works of fiction. A couple are quite frankly, awful.

Best of the bunch (for me) was 'Naming of the Parts', a British based novella about a young boy on the run with his parents, it's written from the boy's perspective and is a rivetting, sleep depriving read. There are a couple of other light-hearted reads etc. On the whole this is a mixed bunch, something for everyone but with a fluctuating quality.

Salus RT500RF Programmable Radio Frequency Room Thermostat
Salus RT500RF Programmable Radio Frequency Room Thermostat

4.0 out of 5 stars Instant heat at the touch of a button, 3 Mar. 2013
Fitted one of these a few months ago on the advice of my plumber, simplicity itself to actually fit on the boiler (4 screws and a couple of spade fittings)

The instructions do take a while to sink in. A week or so for the average user though I've read tales of 2 years (this is an exception) Made the mistake of not altering the jumper settings so think someone nearby was using same frequency, once this was altered quite a simple matter to set the times and temperatures for a week. My household has different needs day by day so being able to set several different timezones was a godsend. Once you're familiar with it, it is very very simple to set up and having the ability to put the heating on with a flick of a switch really does pose no difficulty.

Big Book of Beginner's Piano Classics (Big Book Of... (Dover Publications))
Big Book of Beginner's Piano Classics (Big Book Of... (Dover Publications))
by Bergerac

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 14 Jan. 2013
And excellent book for those starting out at playing the piano. Some of the pieces are incredibly basic but give a sense of achievement to the most inexperienced beginner. Really more of a taster as there tends to be only a few bars or one or two pages of most of the pieces - which is ideal at this level

NiceEshop 1.8 Meter HDTV / EDTV High Definition 480p Componnt AV Cable for Nintendo Wii
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for HD tvs, 14 Jan. 2013
On first hooking up my brand new tv to the wii I was disappointed, having come from a standard crt I'd expected to see a similar or better picture on the screen, disappointingly it was quite dull and mildly fuzzy. Research quickly lead to a component lead being the answer - bought this and it has restored a perfect picture to the wii (wii needs setting to HD)

Page: 1 | 2