Profile for RetroGamerWales > Reviews

Content by RetroGamerWales

RetroGamerWales

Page: 1 | 2
Sky+ Plus Remote Control Official Sky Branded Retail Packaging, 2x Duracell Batteries and Manual
Offered by 1-2-1
Price: 19.50

5.0 out of 5 stars The remote saved my life, 11 Aug 2013
Before I ordered this, I had a broken Sky remote, and was unable to record anything. Even though the mute button on this remote doesn't work, everything else still works, and the button responses were faster than I've ever seen.

Wildlife Park 2 (PC)
Wildlife Park 2 (PC)
Offered by GeeksWholesaler
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This is just broken, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Wildlife Park 2 (PC) (Video Game)
The version that I got was so bad, it nearly killed my new laptop. What kind of game does that?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2013 10:40 PM BST

ULTRA SLIM USB MINI KEYBOARD COMPUTER PC LAPTOP
ULTRA SLIM USB MINI KEYBOARD COMPUTER PC LAPTOP
Offered by A Brilliant Planet
Price: 4.31

4.0 out of 5 stars An essential substitute for broken keyboards, 27 Mar 2013
Some of the keys on the keyboard of my laptop got busted, so I couldn't type anything without taking extremely long. This keyboard restored my laptop's ability to work, along with my zest for typing. However, my problem is that it obscures half of my touch pad, meaning I now have to use the mouse. But, I'm sure there are different problems with different laptop makes.

Coming To America [DVD]
Coming To America [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie Murphy
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 3.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Through the eyes of an African prince..., 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Coming To America [DVD] (DVD)
It's not as funny as I thought it would be, and the presentation is not too special, but I do rather like it. The characters are pretty zany when the time comes, and the story is a really unique concept. But I expected a wacky Eddie Murphy character. I didn't get that kind of character, and that ruins the movie for me.

Stripes [DVD]
Stripes [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Murray
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 9.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Bill Murray wants you for US Army, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Stripes [DVD] (DVD)
Look at Bill Murray on the recruitment poster, he looks so cool. As a character, he's pretty good. All the characters are pretty good too. The movie itself is pretty funny. The humour and presentation work well at the end, when the parody newspaper headlines and magazine covers. The story also works well within the context of the setting. I'm surprised that the US Army co-operated with this, because so many army movies have a negative view of the army, and war in general. This one, being a comedy, chooses not to focus on how good/bad war is.

The Golden Child [DVD]
The Golden Child [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie Murphy
Price: 3.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Underrated Murphy gold, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Golden Child [DVD] (DVD)
This is actually a good movie, with all the Eddie Murphy hallmarks. Eddie Murphy delivers his lines quite effectively. I still remember some of the things he said. They don't make many movies like this anymore. Where many modern action films involve a copious amount of CGI, this film only uses it when necessary. They movie goes all out with great presentation, featuring great songs like "Body Talk" and "Best Man in the World". But the plot could have used more work, like delving further into who Sardo Numspa is working for. I also criticize how useless the Golden Child is until the end. If he really were the Golden Child, wouldn't he touch the cage around him to make it disappear, so he can escape? Other than that, it's really good.

Marvel's Avengers Assemble [DVD]
Marvel's Avengers Assemble [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Price: 6.85

4.0 out of 5 stars The almost ultimate Marvel all-star cast, 22 Mar 2013
Is it a good movie? Yes. Is it as good as the hype? Unfortunately, no. Yes, the characters come packed with personality, but I don't like that they've introduced two characters (Hawkeye and Black Widow) that I've never heard of, without even elaborating on them further. But Avenger's Assemble is jam-packed with amazing quality special effects to keep the action flowing and you focused on the screen.

PaintShop Photo Pro Ultimate X3
PaintShop Photo Pro Ultimate X3

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate alternative to Photoshop, 22 Mar 2013
I bought it because they use it in college. I actually believe it is a lot better than Photoshop, due to it being less focused on a sleek and stylish interface, and more focused on simplicity. Also, there are near endless possibilities for how much fun you can have with your pictures.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate (Nintendo 3DS)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate (Nintendo 3DS)
Price: 20.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Castlevania has redeemed itself, 22 Mar 2013
I hated the original Lord of Shadow, but I have to say that this is a lot better. It returns to the series' 2D roots, while retaining the combat style from the original in what appears to be a seamless fusion. The abilities are enjoyable, and the fights can be tense. However, I don't like the idea of making you be a new character, complete with different abilities, just after you've gotten used to the last character you were playing as. I must also admit that the cut-scenes were not done well. Regardless, this was a significant improvement, and I have good hopes for Lords of Shadow 2.

Dredd [DVD]
Dredd [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karl Urban
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Do not watch in 3D, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Dredd [DVD] (DVD)
I'm actually surprised that this movie turned out so well. When it comes to comic book movies in the year 2012, it's actually better than Avenger's Assemble, because it's much less childish, and focuses less on special effects. The characters are well done to near perfection. Even though story follows the same old narcotics train, it actually manages to lead to some interesting situations. The action is truly well done, utilizing the special effects to create truly visceral scenes. If you want to see a violent action movie from this decade, I recommend this one. But be warned, this movie is violent, I can't imagine seeing it in 3D.

Page: 1 | 2