Profile for Fanzy Fix > Reviews

Content by Fanzy Fix

Fanzy Fix "Ash" (Devon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Turning Point: A gripping love story, keep the tissues close...
The Turning Point: A gripping love story, keep the tissues close...

5.0 out of 5 stars a book that encompasses and amazing male character and also weaves in two continents and ..., 27 Jun. 2016
I was absolutely riveted by this book!! Freya North has created characters that all leap off the page, a book that encompasses and amazing male character and also weaves in two continents and two creative people, plus information about native Canadian culture, and incredible landscapes in both countries. Its a real tout de force!

Necessary Women and The Mean Time (Short Stories)
Necessary Women and The Mean Time (Short Stories)

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much up to standard but I prefer a novel ..., 15 May 2016
Pretty much up to standard but I prefer a novel where I can dig in and enjoy it for some time, these are both too short and reminded me that on the whole I am not an aficionado of short stories and should avoid them, but otherwise they were good, well written and I guess quite intriguing if you like that sort of thing!

The Burning Land (The Last Kingdom Series, Book 5) (The Warrior Chronicles/Saxon Stories)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant just brilliant, 15 May 2016
Brilliant just brilliant, and fascinating, and I am completely hooked and enjoying the experience finding out about this time in history, am now awaiting the number 10 in this series, which is still in the pipeline!

Night Shift (Midnight Texas 3)
Night Shift (Midnight Texas 3)
by Charlaine Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars this involves a lot of fun, and sly humour and quite an insight into ..., 15 May 2016
Very dry, amusing and engaging the people of Midnight have to solve a series of suicides and discover what is buried at their crossroads, this involves a lot of fun, and sly humour and quite an insight into Midnight peoples' lives which is very intriguing I love Olivia and her cat! A thoroughly quietly fun and enjoyable read.

Busted (The Will Trent Series)
Busted (The Will Trent Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 May 2016
Good read but not long enough!

Martin Misunderstood
Martin Misunderstood

3.0 out of 5 stars I normally love Karin Slaughter books, 15 May 2016
I normally love Karin Slaughter books, her Will Trent series are full of humour, intrigue and fascinating and sometimes frightening intrigue and complexity, but I couldn't get into this novel at all, because I just didn't like Martin and therefore didn't really care what happened to him, and therefore missed the humour, and lanky Will Trent and his tiny dog. Doesn't mean its not lovely, well written or funny, but just not for me.

A Land Divided (The Blood of Kings Book 1)
A Land Divided (The Blood of Kings Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Again I am disappointed in this book, 6 May 2016
Again I am disappointed in this book, but it isn't too surprising as its not a patch on the books by Bernard Cornwall which are absolutely riveting and fascinating. I guess, I can't remember much about it, and I read it recently, so disappointing again, and he needs a sense of humour too. Its an okay read, but just not that interesting, or riveting.

Waylaid: A Hollows and Peri Reed novella
Waylaid: A Hollows and Peri Reed novella

3.0 out of 5 stars I have followed Kim Harrison faithfully and very happily through all the Hollows books, 6 May 2016
I have followed Kim Harrison faithfully and very happily through all the Hollows books, and thoroughly enjoyed them, sadly I am not impressed by Peri Reed. She just isn't interesting enough, or feisty enough, or even strange enough to keep my interest, and the fact that this combines Peri, with Rachel the witch in the Hollows, helps a bit, but not enough. I found it very disappointing, sad about that as it could easily have been another winner, its close, but doesn't make it for me.

Sword Song (The Last Kingdom Series, Book 4) (The Warrior Chronicles/Saxon Stories)

5.0 out of 5 stars That Alfred was a good king in his way, 28 April 2016
I find these books very amusing and historically quite fascinating as they do cast light on a period of British history which is quite obscure, who knew that the Danes had a kingdom here? That Alfred was a good king in his way, and very religious? I find the criticism from the different religious points of view very amusing and the pagan view of Christianity very droll and humorous. Love the image of the different warlords, and their retainers, some of them very picturesque and intriguing. An informative read without being in the least scholarly.

The Obsession
The Obsession

5.0 out of 5 stars I've read a number of her books and generally enjoy them, but sometimes her thrillers are outstanding, 28 April 2016
This review is from: The Obsession (Kindle Edition)
This book kept me interested from beginning to end! I've read a number of her books and generally enjoy them, but sometimes her thrillers are outstanding, and she manages to keep a sense of perspective and distance from the horror of some of her protaganists actions without spoiling the narrative. A feeling that I am in safe hands even when it can get a bit scary. Don't want to say too much as it could spoil the book but it definitely worth a dip!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8